Contemporary Computers

Computer Repairs and Support
Queen Street East Toronto ON M4E
HomeStars  >  Computer Repairs and Support in Toronto  >  Contemporary Computers

Reviews for Contemporary Computers

Paul from Toronto
Paul from Toronto
1 review East York, ON

laptop repairs, workstation upgrades etc...

I have been using Contemporary Computers for a few years now and found them to be knowledgeable, pleasant and accommodating. They have always tried their best with what must be one of the most difficult challenges; to diagnose and repair personal computers. Pricing, I believe, is reasonable and the owner is always willing to discuss and negotiate if there is some usolved issue regarding the repair/upgrade.

ilham in North york
ilham in North york
1 review North York, ON

Computer Fraud--

WARNING- WARNING -- He is NOT Mac certified

DO NOT TAKE YOUR MAC TO THIS LOCATION!!!

I'm in the middle of taking Phil (the owner) to court for theft and fraud. I took my MacBook Pro to get a simple repair done, to later find out the he had extracted my information and placed it into an a significantly older Mac. After paying and taking what I thought was my computer home, I realized that I had been defrauded out of my Mac, there were 3 different serial numbers on the existing Mac he gave me. When confronted, Phil denied the issue and accused me of being dishonest. Thank goodness I still had the original box in which the Mac came in, and ALL supporting documents and STRONG evidence claiming what he had done was theft and fraud. In addition to my situation, another customer with a MacBook Pro was in the store complaining to Phil about the gaffe Phil did to his computer as well.

When I presented all of my supporting documents to Phil, he informed me that one of his techs had done a swap, which is false and apologized and began to negotiate. He stated that my computer had magically reappeared, although the parts were missing and swapped. Keep in mind my computer was kept in pristine condition and barely used, thus seeing the occasion to sell the parts to my computer. My initial computer was a 2.83ghz, and the one he gave me is a 1.80ghz.
To try and hinder any sort of embarrassment, he phoned the police and fabricated a story, which bares me from entering the store. I phoned the police and filled a report, and will be filling charges and am in the process of taking him to court.

I read the False reviews on Yelp, which prompted me to go to Alternative Contemporary Computers....LESSON LEARNED!!! I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

The facts of this post are wildly incorrect, nor do we take lightly having to contact the police after being repeatedly abused and threatened by an individual.

The fact remains that this was a highly unusual case of a person who brought in a completely broken computer - assessed by another company as a complete write off. We repaired it by switching the logic board - because the logic board was broken. Once we saw that the unit we'd provided her with had a lower spec than her original, we tried to solve the issue. There was never any parts from her computer sold or resold, that is simply not the case.

After establishing that this customer would not let us change the logic board for the correct part, we instead offered her a unit 16 months newer than her current one, or a full refund. She declined both of these, and told us that we needed to buy her a new macbook pro from Apple or she would ruin our business by contacting the media and suing us in court. When this tactic failed, she threatened the safety of our staff on two separate occasions - which is when we contacted police.

We feel we went well above and beyond most computer stores in this situation, and to call these actions shady is a gross mischaracterization.

cybercrone in Dundas
cybercrone in Dundas

Computer set-up and repair

Phil has done many jobs for me - fixing my computer, installing new hardware, helping me with coding for a web-site, advising on security cameras.
He just seems to know everything, is pleasant and helpful.