Minto Homes

Ottawa ON
HomeStars  >  Builders in Ottawa  >  Minto Homes

Reviews for Minto Homes

Terrible Service

I've been living with Minto Properties for over five months now and am so disappointed. The number of issues I've had just go on. First off, when I moved in, multiple light switches in the apartment were sticky. For months I literally had to PUNCH my light switch to get it to turn on. I emailed my landlord for months to try and get him to do three simple things for me: fix the light switch (which could have been a fire hazard if the problem was the wiring), fix a socket that had a metal prong stuck in it (which is an obvious safety hazard), and set up our buzzer for the front entrance. After countless emails for months, he eventually just stopped replying all together, and gave me no choice but to email his manager. Finally after living here for four months, the light switch and socket were fixed. Here I am on my sixth month of living here though and still have no buzzer. As well, when I was showed the apartment, I was told I could have the door to my bedroom changed for a better one for when I move in. The door(s) I currently have are basically double doors that you'd see on an old closet. There is absolutely no privacy whatsoever due to how thin and flimsy they are but now I'm stuck with these doors because they never did change them (oh but they did have time to fix the knob that was broken after I moved in, how lovely) To add on to that, when I moved in I set up preauthorized payments for my rent. After four whole months of that not working and me having to pay it manually every time, I finally just emailed him and told him to forget about it and that I'd continue paying it myself online. This month, the 1st happened to fall on a Sunday. I made the payment online but it didn't go through until Monday the 2nd. Today, on the 4th, my roommates came home to an eviction notice stating that I owed them rent money. I checked online and the payment 100% went through on the 2nd. This company is beyond disorganized. My landlord apparently has time to give me a notice of eviction for rent that I ALREADY paid, but doesn't have time to reply to an email regarding safety hazards in my apartment. Bloody ridiculous.

1 review Oshawa, ON

Minto Is A Disgraceful Company

I purchased a townhouse at Minto Kingmeadow in 2015. From the design centre meetings to the Pre-delivery inspection, 1 month and 1 year Tarion Warranty Inspections and owing/ living in this home for close to 2 years- I have experienced subpar craftsmanship, terrible customer service, runarounds and complete unsatisfaction from this builder. Buyer beware! They have a high staff turnover, they hire subcontractors to put your house together and they pay those subcontractors by piece work which means they aren't hourly wage workers so they slap together your home (baseboards, drywall, stairs, tiles, etc) as quickly as they can because that's how they make money. There is no quality. My baseboards had dust and debris painted into them. Who does that?! And on what planet is that considered acceptable for a brand new home? Two years later and I'm still waiting for my driveway to be paved. Minto says they are not obligated to put asphalt but they will do it as a courtesy when they are available to do so. The condo townhomes across from me had the driveways completed before the owners took occupancy and here I am paying $100,000 more for my home and I'm still waiting. I could honestly write a novel about all of the issues I've had but it's really upsetting as a first time homeowner so I'll leave it at this: Minto is a subpar home builder with high prices and crappy customer service. Have your 5 year old build you a home and it will probably look better!

NEVER BUY FROM MINTO

I moved into 30 Roehampton, the construction quality is garbage. The master-care team was a joke at fulfilling its obligations. I moved in for my interim occupancy and the place was not even completed, walls were built on angles, chips and marks everywhere, cracks everywhere. It's like nobody inspected the place before handing it over. Just garbage, will never buy from Minto again and will never recommend someone do the same.

General experience

Living here was great and before trying to move out, I'd recommend it. Since giving my notice we've had people enter without notice, claim to come and never show up (and we have dogs we have to have away for when they come as per their request so that's annoying) and to top it all off we've had an inspection that claims we need to prime all of our WHITE, untouched walls. All of the walls that we have not painted we are now required to prime. We painted our kitchen, of course we will prime that. We painted our bathroom... We are NOT being asked to prime that ???? The woman named Olga who was our contact "if we had any questions" and of course we did. The apartment is in great shape, nothing damages, white clean walls, so were confused as to why we have to prime everything OR be subject to a $400 fee. She refused to help us, gave me attitude and told me the super would come see me. I could go on about all of what she said but that's not even relevant. Its not even worth living here just to be bullied when we leave. I had been warned when I moved in of others having foul experiences but moving in was so pleasant I couldn't imagine it would go like this. We already pay $2000 a month for a 2 bedroom and the price goes up every year more than the legal rent increase because of how much work they claim to do around the building. Very stressful, VERY expensive place to live and just not worth it.

1 review Ottawa, ON

New Build (Town Home Orleans)

Love my house, new build, moved in about a year ago. After-care service has been terrible, they will not get back to you. The 30 day inspection happened (after missing it a few times because they "went to the wrong house", I had taken days off for this). Once you buy the house they will 100% forget about you/not care to return your calls/emails.

1 review Brockville, ON

Minto Stoufville

Minto stouffville townhouse leaks if you buy one with a rooftop please waterproof roof it will have issues. Multiple neighbours have water leaking in every location possible beware the quality of build is sub par.

Buyer Ottawa in Ottawa
Buyer Ottawa in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

buy a new home a few days ago, be careful!!

after sign contract, I figure it out, minto offer 3 free appliances, but you need install them after closing day by yourself (you need to hire sb to install and pay by yourself, previously minto will install them for free)

condo construction

don't buy Minto's condo, really bad quality and worst customer service with no knowledge in basic construction. Minto try not to fix problems and claims the problems is normal like that. They just want to grab your money. They foolish themselves!

1 review Brockville, ON

Minto Management

Mito Management appears to be on a race to the bottom,How much money and poor service can they take from tenants before the sites all get sold.Try talking with any Minto management i swear they havve hired the dumbest people in order to get them to fufil their demands. They are brainless individuals and don't even know it. Its unbelievable it used to be nice when the service was personal now its just a money grabbing machine with out most disrespect of us tenants

Tanglewood Community in Tampa
Tanglewood Community in Tampa

Minto Tanglewood is absolutely terrible

Minto Tanglewood, Ottawa, ON, Woodfield and Merivale
this has slowly declined into a Minto cash cow. It's sad really. We pay around 1270 for two parking spots and a small garden home from the 1970s. Minto repair is not bad as long as it is something small and even then its usually a patch job. I just got my bathroom painted, I could have done a better job myself, streaks all over. I have probaly logged 5-7 different service requests because when I moved in I signed that I wanted the place (obviously didn't do a super thorough inspection). When I brought up the issues, I was told that if I had any issues, I should have identified them at the time, otherwise I was accepting the unit as is. Great customer service. I have taken care of my unit and beautified my backyard which minto will all reap the rewards of, why? because they won't put down more than 9 patio stones (I guess they get the first 9 free).

The crowning gem has to be the parking. We have visitor and regular parking spots. When it snows, all snow gets put in the visitors parking and not cleared (been at least 4 days now and still there), but this is when the tenants who park long term in visitor parking get anxious and park in regular tenant spots. So I called the parking coordinator because someone was in my spot. I was told that minto cant help me with that, I have to call city of ottawa and have my lease with me and they will tow the person. So I let it slide. Come in another time, same damn thing someone in my spot, I get out my lease and call 311. What do I realize? My unit issued parking sport isn't even written on the lease, so bylaw says they can't help me and the pole I park in front of has some random number instead of my unit number so they can't even verify it belong to me. Call minto after hours and get directed to security. They suggest I park in visitors, I tell them its full. They tell me they cant help me so I say I will take someone else's and they reccomend against that. So here I am paying 45$ for a spot I can't use because someone parked in it AND I am being told minto can't help me.

I send a message to the parking coordinator that falls on deaf ears. Quite simply it seems like they do not care at all. Threatening them with moving out doesn't help, the vacancy rate is already high and they don't seem to care. They would rather die on principal and spend the money turning over the unit instead of working with the existing tenant to try to attract people. Worse as a tenant, I feel like I have nowhere to go and no one to speak to, I just get ignored. I will tell you this. I was in customer service management for a long time and I would fire or at least write up these people for how they treat their clients.