Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

Landscape Contractors & Designers
42 Industrial St. Suite 114 East York ON
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Toronto  >  Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

Reviews for Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

Dora in Toronto
Dora in Toronto

removal of soil and planting

One year ago I called on Curbz to solve a problem with a weed growth that spread as a netting and couldn't be taken out fully. They suggested removal of the soil and suggested the following in addition to planting and moving some perennials:
(directly copied from their written estimate)
• dig out approx. 2.5 yards of existing soil to remove root net, disposal
• install triplemix
• refresh mulch
• dig out and install approx. 46lf natural stone garden edging (4" base, 8" rise - of which 3+" will be below grade for stability, inside edge will be lined with landscape cloth as further barrier to weeds crossing over from neighbour's lawn)

Curbz did all the work and I paid in full. Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I had the same weed problem and emailed Jude to ask for suggestions. I never heard back. Not only did they not take responsibility for the work, they encroached on the neighbour's property despite the fact that I pointed out the lot line was where the fences met. A simple visual would have guided them.
I'm now dealing with additional costs to have another company correct the lot line error as I don't think that Curbz would see it as an error on their part.
The lack of responsiveness and the lack of professionalism is really bad. I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Jennifer from Toronto
Jennifer from Toronto

Amazing work!

I highly recommend Curbz. The girl that did the work fro me was just delightful! I had 1 companies before Curbz and I guess it wasn't that big of a job they as they never followed up with me. I called Curbz and she was so good. She kept in touch with me and followed up. She took such an interest and had wonderful videos. I needed someone to do a makeover of planting and pruning. She was so enthusiastic and very happy with the job. As I said, it wasn't a big job, it was $1500 and she was amazing and so was her work. My neighbour is calling Curbz too!

Personal touch and outstanding work

Completely satisfied with the work done and in particular the service. All of the staff were professional, courteous and responsive. Jude was great to deal with and stayed on top of every element of the project.

They'll be back next year providing us with excellent service again!

This project was so rewarding for us! Thanks for being decisive and accommodating … it makes our job go smoother.

It was a pleasure and we’re looking forward to returning in the spring!

EMF in Toronto
EMF in Toronto

Excellent experience

We are thrilled with the service we received from Curbz. We needed Jude and her crew to create a new walkway for our downtown century home and augment our landscaping. They were knowledgeable, collaborative and creative. They stand by their work and happily came back for some adjustments. A great experience.

The challenge here was to build a new walkway that looked like it had always been there! With the artistic direction of our clients we were able to achieve something that truly looks like it belongs and that compliments the architecture and neighbourhood. It was great fun working with you both!

Steve Smith from Toronto
Steve Smith from Toronto

Landscaping and Drainage

The project was sod replacement and a French drain modification. Jude came to assess and provided good direction on what was needed for sod and a appraisal of the drain repair without really knowing what was underneath. The crew arrived on the scheduled day and had the job finished as planned in five days. When they opened up the drain area, the job was more extensive then I had expected. After a second day of discovery we discussed a solution. I appreciated our collaboration to develop a solid solution. Their workpersonship was excellent and they executed well. They provided pictures of the drain system before they closed in the area so I could see the work and have it as a reference for the future. On time, on budget, work done well. Couldn't ask for more..... Thanks Curbz!

Some of landscaping’s greatest accomplishments are hidden beneath the ground but the importance of getting them right is critical to the success of the landscaping above! Your patience during the problem solving stage and your collaboration on the solution made this job particularly rewarding!

1 review Simcoe County, ON

Messy Backyard

Our backyard was a mess after years of abuse from 3 little boys. Tidying it up seemed like the smallest, most unexciting job for a landscaping company. Luckily, CurbZ embraced the project and transformed our yard into a beautiful space. They were lovely to work with, on time and on budget. We plan to use them again in the spring.

Sometimes less is more. Children need the space to play and the decision to take a complicated back garden and return it to a simple, easy to maintain, garden of mostly grass was a good one. We wish you years of enjoyment!

D&M in Toronto
D&M in Toronto

Garden renewal

Jude and her very professional and courteous team were a delight to work with over the past month. Jude was on time and on budget with plantings and landscape lighting. We're loving the finished job and have referred our neighbours and friends to Curbz.

The pleasure was all ours! Thanks for choosing us and for being the kind of clients that make the job fun.

D.Burns in Toronto
D.Burns in Toronto

Landscaping, specifically removal of trees and planting of new garden per design.

Jude and her team did a terrific job of renewing my front garden. They removed unwanted trees and did an entire new planting. i am very pleased with the work they did and would highly recommend them.

Removing large trees from small urban frontage can end badly if its not properly orchestrated. This updated garden now better compliments the house front and the neighbourhood. It was a pleasure working with you.

Andrew Sloss in East york
Andrew Sloss in East york

Front yard landscaping - BEAUTIFUL!

We needed to seriously freshen up the curb appeal on our business property on a high-traffic street. Curbz helped us design an amazing new look, and then helped us to bring it to life. They also helped in referring other contractors to help with the work as well (paving company, electrician, carpenter). In short, they were a one-stop shop that came in on budget and on time. We love the new look and it's been a great experience from start to finish working with Jude and everyone at Curbz!

Thanks for your kind words, Andrew. We truly enjoyed the experience of working with you and coming up with solutions that were low maintenance and practical for a business property on a busy street.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto

Flag Stone

We had great experience with Curbz. The estimate was detailed and competitive. The work was completed on time and on budget and most importantly everything looks great. We would definitely use Curbz again.

We really enjoyed this project and working with you Bob. Random flagstone in your ravine-like setting works really well. And we also really enjoyed the dogs ☺

More about Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

We take garden challenges seriously. When you don’t know where to start and you’re not sure what you want, it’s best to hire a professional. Curbz offers complete garden design and renovation services within the GTA. We are urban gardeners who create gardens that bloom, gardens that grow, gardens that smell good, gardens that always look great. We design the gardens to meet your needs and to exceed your expectations.

From in ground planters to decorative urns, from window boxes to garden boxes, from sod to artificial turf, from garden design to planting, from small woodworking (screens, gates, etc.) to flagstone patios, we do it all! We can even set the ambiance with outdoor lighting.

Need a clean up? Book early – spring clean ups can begin as early as April 1 (weather permitting). We offer ½ day, full day or customized clean up packages to meet your requirements.

Take the dilemma out of what to do with your garden. Let’s design it, let’s renovate it, and let’s enjoy it!

For a free estimate or design consultation, contact Jude.

BUT CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR SPRING CLEAN UP!