Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

Reviews for Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

Shawn D.
Shawn D.

Landscaping

I wanted to improve my desolate front yard, which was a mess because a large tree prevented anything from growing in the soil, ie: grass. Jude provided me with a good design for what I needed, and worked with me to make it affordable. She was very easy to communicate with. Her lead onsite man Jimmy and team took their time and thoughtfully did the work. All the stone laying for the retaining wall and flagstone path are done immaculately. It has transformed the front of my house. Curbz was the most economical of the quotes I was given, and I was a bit concerned that would be apparent in the end. It is not. I’m very happy with the outcome and am relieved I made the right choice in going with them.

dbrugniau in Toronto, Ontario
dbrugniau in Toronto, Ontario

Garden rejunevation

After a few summer spent abroad, my mid-town Toronto garden was in dire need of rejuvenation. I am so happy I hired Curbz: from the moment I met Jude, I felt she understood my vision for rejuvenating my low-maintenance shade garden, saving the plants I had nurtured and loved and replacing the ones that needed replacing. Her team also installed new sod as well as new perennial gardens.. Curbz team was hard working, very pleasant and professional. I highly recommend them and will hire Curbz again for future outdoors improvements.

M H.
M H.

Landscaping

The Curbz team had good ideas for my my backyard refurbish. The job was done quickly and looks great. The crew was very friendly and easy to work with and they cleaned up really well each day. I would be very happy to recommend Curbz.

Thanks M.H. It was great working with you as well. Decisive clients make the job go smoothly!

m.elliott
m.elliott

Landscaping

My neighbor and I share a front yard and we were tired of looking at grass that mostly turned into weeds.
After doing some due diligence called Curbz (including HomeStars) we called and set up an appointment. Ian was great! We wanted the front to flow, but wanted it distinguished between the 2 homes. Ian got it right away. It wasn’t even a week when we saw the layout of the new front. The designer even attached pictures of all the plants. The crew that came in were fabulous, professional, knowledgeable and hard working. We could not be any happier and are looking forward to enjoying it year after year.

Thanks for the review! We totally enjoyed this project and working with both of you and I admire your garden whenever I drive by!

Jessica
Jessica

Horizontal fence, sod, tree planting, garden design and tree cutting

Curbz provided me with very professional service and work. They completed everything beautifully and ahead of schedule. Jude was always onsite to check on daily progress to properly plan for the next days work. Their team was a good size (4 landscapers and 2 wood workers) which made for a quickly executed plan. They were also fairly priced.

Thanks Jessica. My crew and I really enjoyed working with you. Wishing you years of enjoyment in your gardens!

Dora in Toronto
Dora in Toronto

removal of soil and planting

One year ago I called on Curbz to solve a problem with a weed growth that spread as a netting and couldn't be taken out fully. They suggested removal of the soil and suggested the following in addition to planting and moving some perennials:
(directly copied from their written estimate)
• dig out approx. 2.5 yards of existing soil to remove root net, disposal
• install triplemix
• refresh mulch
• dig out and install approx. 46lf natural stone garden edging (4" base, 8" rise - of which 3+" will be below grade for stability, inside edge will be lined with landscape cloth as further barrier to weeds crossing over from neighbour's lawn)

Curbz did all the work and I paid in full. Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I had the same weed problem and emailed Jude to ask for suggestions. I never heard back. Not only did they not take responsibility for the work, they encroached on the neighbour's property despite the fact that I pointed out the lot line was where the fences met. A simple visual would have guided them.
I'm now dealing with additional costs to have another company correct the lot line error as I don't think that Curbz would see it as an error on their part.
The lack of responsiveness and the lack of professionalism is really bad. I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Jennifer from Toronto
Jennifer from Toronto

Amazing work!

I highly recommend Curbz. The girl that did the work fro me was just delightful! I had 1 companies before Curbz and I guess it wasn't that big of a job they as they never followed up with me. I called Curbz and she was so good. She kept in touch with me and followed up. She took such an interest and had wonderful videos. I needed someone to do a makeover of planting and pruning. She was so enthusiastic and very happy with the job. As I said, it wasn't a big job, it was $1500 and she was amazing and so was her work. My neighbour is calling Curbz too!

Personal touch and outstanding work

Completely satisfied with the work done and in particular the service. All of the staff were professional, courteous and responsive. Jude was great to deal with and stayed on top of every element of the project.

They'll be back next year providing us with excellent service again!

This project was so rewarding for us! Thanks for being decisive and accommodating … it makes our job go smoother.

It was a pleasure and we’re looking forward to returning in the spring!

EMF in Toronto
EMF in Toronto

Excellent experience

We are thrilled with the service we received from Curbz. We needed Jude and her crew to create a new walkway for our downtown century home and augment our landscaping. They were knowledgeable, collaborative and creative. They stand by their work and happily came back for some adjustments. A great experience.

The challenge here was to build a new walkway that looked like it had always been there! With the artistic direction of our clients we were able to achieve something that truly looks like it belongs and that compliments the architecture and neighbourhood. It was great fun working with you both!

Steve Smith from Toronto
Steve Smith from Toronto

Landscaping and Drainage

The project was sod replacement and a French drain modification. Jude came to assess and provided good direction on what was needed for sod and a appraisal of the drain repair without really knowing what was underneath. The crew arrived on the scheduled day and had the job finished as planned in five days. When they opened up the drain area, the job was more extensive then I had expected. After a second day of discovery we discussed a solution. I appreciated our collaboration to develop a solid solution. Their workpersonship was excellent and they executed well. They provided pictures of the drain system before they closed in the area so I could see the work and have it as a reference for the future. On time, on budget, work done well. Couldn't ask for more..... Thanks Curbz!

Some of landscaping’s greatest accomplishments are hidden beneath the ground but the importance of getting them right is critical to the success of the landscaping above! Your patience during the problem solving stage and your collaboration on the solution made this job particularly rewarding!

More about Curbz Garden Design & Renovation

We take garden challenges seriously. When you don’t know where to start and you’re not sure what you want, it’s best to hire a professional. Curbz offers complete garden design and renovation services within the GTA. We are urban gardeners who create gardens that bloom, gardens that grow, gardens that ...
Looking for Landscape Lighting pros in Toronto?