Homex General Contractors

Etobicoke ON
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Etobicoke  >  Homex General Contractors

Reviews for Homex General Contractors

Full home Reno including: Wainscoting, powder room, kitchen, 2 Nursery's

Homex General Contracting team did an amazing job renovating and remodeling our newly built home from a builder in 2014. We choose not to do too many upgrades through the builder and instead waited to get the keys to have Ziggy and his crew renovate and design our home to our liking.

Always on time and punctual. Getting the job done with efficiency, and can i say cleaned up after themselves, was a bonus and the reason why we keep calling them back for future reno projects.

The prices are very reasonable and market value. We are in the process of finishing nursery #2 and i couldn't be happier. Than we are off to the master bedroom for some custom wood work and mirror installation and electrical.

I would Definitely recommend this company which has been in the business for over 30 years to anyone looking to work with experienced contractors.

Marco in Toronto

Powder Room, Wainscoting throughout & crown moulding, potlights & lighting installation, kitchen backsplash, baby room, bathroom

Ziggy and his team of contractors were a great team to work with and design our newly purchased home. Professional and on time daily. The team consisted of specialized tradesmen which included painters, electrical, plumbers and wood working. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for mid-size renovations. The finishing and quality of work was great. We ran into issues which were more design related than actual work being done. Having said that i had to re-design a few areas i.e. powder room vanity, lighting, based on basic laws of construction. The entire renovation was done within a month. I appreciate Ziggy and his team focusing on one big project at a time.

Job well done.

B in Etobicoke
B in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Main floor Kitchen and Bath

I selected Homex based on a referral. He was reasonably priced, more on the high end. After my experience, I will never refer him to anyone. He was very arrogant and did not consult with me on the project. I rarely ever saw him. He assured me that he had licensed professionals for all the trades but instead he had one handyman that did the plumbing, electrical and carpentry. None of the ground wires were secured in the electrical panel. They were bunched together. This was a serious electrical code violation and could have caught fire. The new plumbing pipes were installed sagging and joined in the middle. This was hidden under the ceiling tiles and I could not see it. None of this was uncovered until I hired a new contractor to finish my basement where he pointed out these offenses to code and safety. The tiling on the washroom walls was done poorly and when I pointed it out to the contractor he become very angry and abusive. None of the wall tiles align and some were installed chipped and filled in places. The grouting and caulking was messy and inconsistent. I will be paying my new contractor fix thousands of dollars of poor workmanship.

Jim in  Etobicoke
Jim in Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

kitchen renovation

Homex was the general contractor for this renovation and did all work including removal of old cupboards, floor and ceiling and installation of new pot lights. With the exception of one mistake at the start of the project the job was completed on time and within budget. I would recommend this company for any mid sized renovation job