Ashton Service Group

Reviews for Ashton Service Group

Ernie
Ernie
4 reviews Burnaby, BC

Wasted lots of my time and a bunch of money.

I chose Ashton based on all the great reviews here but I was seriously let down by the fact that I spent $560 and didn't get my problem solved.

This is long, but needs to be to explain how many steps and how much time I wasted with Ashton.

I made the first mistake by assuming that most well reviewed plumbing companies would have similar prices, so I called them to come look at my hot water tank which was turning off regularly. They came out and quoted $560 (inc tax) to change out the thermopile. I had already taken time off work and wanted it fixed, so I agreed to the price. This seemed high knowing the price of a thermopile isn't more than $100, and the tech fixed it in under an hour. I have since phoned other companies that gave me much lower quotes for the work, including one that immediately told me to call the manufacturer to get the part under warranty, and that they would do the work for $189.

So I've overpaid because I didn't ask for a quote up front which is my fault, but shortly after the tank is going out again. I email about it and don't hear back for weeks until I get time to call again. They send out the same tech who finds the pilot going out when he touches the wire, so he works on it again and leaves. There was no charge for this service, but he warned that if it kept up, we'd probably need to replace the gas valve controller.

The second fix doesn't work, so I contact again for the gas valve controller to be fixed. They schedule an appointment, but they don't end up showing up. I call and ask if they are still coming at the end of the appointment window and I'm told they don't have the part and shouldn't have scheduled the appointment anyhow. We book another appointment as I'm thinking that I've already paid $560 and assume that working with them to resolve this will be cheaper than bringing in a new plumber.

They call me back a day later and tell me that they can't get the Rheem part and that I need to contact Rheem myself to get it. I do, and they ship me a new part. I schedule another visit for Ashton to install it.

The day of my next appointment arrives and I get a call midday telling me that they have a job running late and that they won't be able to come do the work because it's scheduled as a 5 hour job. At this point I'm concerned about the cost if they're saying it'll take 5 hours so I ask for a quote before we reschedule (I had asked for a quote on this a few times before, but the dispatcher had said that they weren't sure). Despite watching a youtube video that shows that this repair is relatively simple, I'm quoted for $600-700. I decline. This doesn't sound right. I call another plumber and they say it'll be $115 an hour and shouldn't take more than 90 minutes. So I get another plumber to show up and they get the job done in 45 minutes.

I'm really disappointed in Ashton at this point. I've spent $560 and they haven't solved my problem. They've had me stay home from work twice and not shown up. I emailed them 2 weeks ago explaining this sequence of events and asking for a partial refund as I am pretty unhappy with the service provided, but they didn't respond. It would't have changed the content of the review, but would at least have shown that they cared if they provided a terrible experience. I've learned to work with smaller plumbing companies and get quotes up front from this experience. Maybe Ashton is good for large buildings with a strata or something, but as a single family homeowner, felt poorly served.

Dale M from New Westminster
Dale M from New Westminster
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

Clogged Toilet on a Holiday Weekend

Dave M from Ashton Service Group came out at 9 pm on Saturday evening on a holiday weekend to unclog our toilet. He was friendly, professional, efficient, and went out of his way to be sure we understood all our options. He even cleaned the toilet for us & shared a "life hack" of how to keep it clean. We'll call Ashton when we need plumbing service in the future.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

New Furnace Install

Our furnace had died and we were on the hunt for a reliable contractor for a new install. After a few estimates, we decided to hire Ashton Services Group for the job. With incredible service from Jeff, Ashton's furnace advisor he notified us that Ben & Nick would be coming in to perform the installation. Both arrived early and on time. Ben was very clear in communicating what tasks were going to be performed and was happy to answer any questions that I had. During the installation, both paid attention to the cleanliness of the work site by laying down some floor protection before the start. They removed our existing furnace, without any issues and installed the new York HE system, Honeywell thermostat and new venting very cleanly and efficiently. I was very impressed with the work performed.

KL in Richmond
KL in Richmond
2 reviews Richmond, BC

Furnace check up

Mike Avery just finished our annual routine furnace service. He completed the work efficiently and quickly. I highly recommend Ashton Service Group.... ... ... ... .. ... .. ... ..

robert.shachtay in Richmond
robert.shachtay in Richmond
3 reviews Richmond, BC

REPIPE

Jason, Eileen and Alan are great people to work with efficient, kind and understanding. I wouldn't think twice about recommending Ashton Service Group to my friends and family. They're a joy to work with and a tribute to their company.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Kitchen sink drain fix

Ion Molnar did a great job for us. We had an old crappy install by a cheap previous owner under the kitchen sink that was leaking. He quickly fixed the leak and the tap which was loose. Before he left he wanted to make sure that it was installed correctly so he ripped out the entire p trap and inspected the pipe and found a serious crack in our drain pipe. He quickly removed and repaired it and ensured that we wouldn't have a future leak. He was great and Ashton was awesome. I encourage anyone to phone them if in need.

Michael in West Vancouver
Michael in West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Patrick D was a super sleuth

Patrick D. was able to successfully diagnose our problem of lack of sustained hot water on our Bosch on demand boiler. Patrick installed a new filter stopping sediment from our inflow radiant heating flowing to the boiler. Patrick was very professional and knowledgeable.

Jerome L in Vancouver
Jerome L in Vancouver
6 reviews Vancouver, BC

Kitchen sink repair

My undermount kitchen sink had come loose and dropped. I am a member of the Aston Service Group so I scheduled an appointment with them. Both Caryn and Arlene, in the office, were very helpful and cheerful in scheduling an appointment. Dave showed up on time and was able to fix the sink: This involved taking it out, cleaning out the old caulking and installing it with stronger and more reliable supporting brackets. He had also pointed out and corrected an angle error in the drain pipe. There was a very slow and small leak that was only detected over many hours. Dave came back the next day and spent time to patiently trace and fix the leak. I was impressed by how Ashton and Dave dealt with this. All very professionally done.

Keat from Vancouver in Richmond
Keat from Vancouver in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Air conditioning unit testing and replacement

We called Ashton because our house's central air conditioning unit had stopped working. After performing several high-pressure tests, Wes was able to confirm the locations of the leak. As the condensing unit was quite old (10 years) and used a soon-to-be-obsolete refrigerant, he recommended that we replaced it. His colleagues, Ron and Mike, visited several days later to discuss their recommendations. The evaporator unit and HRV had been installed in the attic. It was difficult accessing to them because of the ductwork (pipes) and support beams. Mike came up with the great idea of installing a catwalk, instead of another access door. Ron gave an honest assessment of the problem and explained to us our options. We ended up installing a new condensing unit with a new ozone friendly R410A refrigerant. We were very impressed with their professionalism, attitude and work ethic. All in all, we were very pleased that we had called Ashton.

Danica in Toronto
Danica in Toronto
1 review Surrey, BC

Apartment broiler in kitchen

I needed some work done on my broiler and got sent out Klaus schmidt ( a technician ). He was extremely knowledgeable exspecially with my old broiler tank and was very through with his work. He made sure that I understood everything that was going on or that needed fixed which was very helpful for me. Klaus make sure to double check all his work and when my tank needed a part he drove from surrey bc all the way back to Richmond so the broiler could all be fixed. I was very grateful for this as my schedule is quite busy but he make sure to get it all done so another service call didn't have to be made.

As a young home owner of a new apartment I have gotten in over my head with house renos and costs and he did it very best to help try to get the costs stay as close to my budget as possible. And when I needed to another service call a week later he was very gracious in remembering my budget while still being able to fix the problem and get my hot water working again.

I would highly recommend Klaus schmidt. He is very knowledgeable, efficient and does a great job. I can rest asurred knowing thst my broiler is now in working order and the work was down properly. Klaus did a great job I'm extremely satisfied!!

More about Ashton Service Group

Ashton Service Group has been in business for 29 years and has earned an excellent reputation for our 100% customer satisfaction by doing it right the first time every time.
Ashton Service Group's hand-picked team members are dedicated professionals who share the company's vision for excellence. We only have licensed and certified technicians and registered apprentices.
We can help you with your plumbing, heating or cooling needs for your home. We proudly service Metro Vancouver from our office in Richmond BC.

Drain Services, Heating & Air Conditioning, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, and Plumbing
We are not a wholesaler or retailer of parts or materials. We are a service company that can supply and install the brands you want or make recommendations on what product would best fit your needs. We do not offer duct cleaning or service fireplaces.
Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Gas, Drain Cleaning, Trenchless, Pipe Bursting, Air filtration and Ventilation, Tankless Water Heaters, Furnaces, Boilers, Heat Pumps, Air Conditoners, Mini Splits and Ductless Splits etc.
We can supply, install and repair almost any brand. Please see our website for details at www.ashtonservicegroup.com or call our office for more information at 604-283-2383.
Ashton Service Group services and installs a lot of furnaces, boilers, tankless hot water heaters and heat pumps. We also now are installing more air conditioners such as Mr. Slims, ductless split and mini splits as customers are requesting them more and our summer weather is getting hotter.
1987
N/A
Cash, Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Financing
All cities in Metro Vancouver
PAMA, IREM, LandLordsBC, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, White Rock Chamber of Commerce, ComplyWorks,
One year Ashton Service Group labour warranty