snap pest control

Pest & Animal Control
2640 Hammond road Mississauga ON L5K2M3
HomeStars  >  Pest & Animal Control in North York  >  snap pest control
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for snap pest control

Alex from Mississauga

Over years I dealt with a number of wild life control companies. I must tell you that Joe is superior to all of them. Spending a whole day at our house he installed mesh, in many cases re-doing the low quality work by his predecessors. Net result - the house is fully protected, esthetically changed from ugly highly visible poorly installed mesh to a barely visible solution, painted to blend in with the roof. Amazing. Joe takes pride in his work and does whatever it takes to make sure the customer is satisfied. This, coupled with high quality workmanship, makes his service offering truly unique. Highly recommended.

Job Price

Joe is AMAZING!!! I was in a panic - having trouble with mice in my house and he was able to make it here to help me out quickly!! He was very thorough and careful in checking all areas of my house out to see where they may have come in ... and then took the time to really cover up the possible entry points. He also put down lots of poison and I haven't had problems ever since! I was away for a few months and even when no one lived in the house, my house was not infested!!! The mice must have been killed!! Thank you so much Joe for willing to come all the way to North York and for being so diligent and thorough with your work!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Daerong Kim in Toronto

After suffering from the mice droppings at my furnace room for several months, I tried to put every kind of products from the market, but it continued and I thought that it was beyond my capabilities and I asked for Joe's help. He found the source of the problem from outside hole right away and cemented it. Joe spent about 3 hours to treat inside and outside. Since then, some droppings continued for a week, but it was natural as per Joe and in a week time, the problem has gone till today which is another 5 weeks so far. Joe is excellent and very reliable and knowledgeable too. I would recommend him for this kind of issues confidently.

Job Price

Thank you for your review. Always have a little cement in my truck for such an occasion. Looks as if we are getting there and a follow up visit in the fall as insurance is important. I like to follow up mouse jobs according to seasons. Spring and fall are the busiest times for mice calls in general. There is a slight tapering off in July and August, otherwise, its full steam ahead. These pesky mice give us only two months off from their mayhem. For those of you out there, lock down your houses while they are locked out because its back to business as usual come late August until around July 2018. Trees look healthy from all that rain and I notice many seeds this year so I'm expecting well fed mice and even a robust population explosion. Joe

Kodanda in Mississauga

After having notice few droppings in early winter, it was a no brainer to call Snap after reading all these reviews. As every review here on homestars says, Joe was very professional and knew what he was doing. Joe spent almost 3 hours making sure, the root cause if fixed, not just the symptom. For the next few months we have not noticed any droppings. Joe as promised, came for a followup and did the same procedure again, and asserted the little trouble is no more. We need to hope that we never get these creatures in our homes, but if we do, Joe is the answer. Thank you Joe !!

Job Price

Thanks guys for your review. I appreciate your business and look forward to the remaining service call in the fall to double check everything.Joe

Cynthia from Oakville

I contacted Joe after trying to deal with mice on our own for about a month. The bait stations we had used were a joke and not addressing the problem. Found him through Homestars and after reading the reviews, I knew I should hire him. I spoke to him on the phone explaining the problem and he came by within the week. He is VERY THOROUGH - he spent about 2.5 hrs inspecting the house inside and out. He found the entry points in the garage (which were high up close to the ceiling not on the floor as one would expect) and baited them heavily, along with the areas in the house where droppings were found. That was almost 8 weeks ago and we have not seen any droppings inside the house since his first visit. On his second visit he sealed the openings and rebaited some areas in case there are some more lingering around. I'm very pleased with his service, his knowledge and friendliness. He will be coming back in the fall for that last inspection and any reinforcements. Thanks Joe!

Job Price

The mice were clever here but I found their movements and a plan was put into place to block and bait them out. The garage door seal has been changed and with one more follow up in he fall I fully expect to end this issue for good. Thanks again. Joe

John F in

Just want to Thank you Joe for a job well done. I don't normally spend time writing reviews but I think it's important to let people know how good this company is. I found out about Snap pest control through my neighbor across the street who had some work done last year and was very happy. I always try to hire companies through word of mouth since it's usually the best way to find a good company, anyways Joe came out timely as promised, very professional, cost very reasonable but most importantly looked after us as if he was a friend o the family. He went above and beyond setting up proofing of wire mesh in two areas under the Eavestroughs to prevent birds and squirrels from getting into a gapping hole builder left. The work was difficult in that the roof pinch incline was very difficult and other companies required holes to be drilled into my new shingles to create a 2x4 anchor support so you could work from, I was very skeptical of this since I just had new roof completed last year however Joe was clever enough to set up a system by way of ladder to avoid and holes and proper and safe work method. You can tell Joe has done this before and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend S.N.A.P to anyone who needs work done on their home, I know I will continue to refer to Joe to all my friends and family. Thank you

Job Price

Thanks for your review. It was a challenge to get up there and not slide off without placing any screws into the roof but we did it. I always caulk my screws with roof patch anyways but I've got a happy client and that is fine with me. Joe

I would like to thank Joe of Snap Pest Control for his assistance on dealing with the mice problem in my townhouse which bothers me for more than a month. I at first hired a pest control company and the exterminator came quickly but he just stayed for less than half an hour to look around and set the bait stations/traps. During the visit, he did check inside and outside the house, but was unable to tell on how the mice come in. He just said the external wall looks fine and there are no suspected cracks that allow them to go in. Before leaving, he set traps and bait station in different areas and said the mice should disappear in 2 weeks. After he left, I add some more poison and ultra sound devices that I bought from the stores.

Though his advice did relieve me at the beginning, I started to be upset when I continued to see the drippings even in the 3rd week after his visit. During these 3 weeks, only one mouse was caught by the trap. It is also funny that the mice like my poison but didn't touch his bait stations. The exterminator finally came for the 2nd visit.

This time, he found a hole in the kitchen and advised me to seal it !!! I thought it should be his work since in different advertisements, the pest control companies would normally mention that they will seal the possible openings. Anyway, I didn't argue with him. Before he left, he put more poison around and said these should be enough.

Though more poison are placed around, I continue to see the drippings since the root cause is not fixed i.e. seal all the possible openings.

After he left, I looked around myself and noticed that the cold air return vents could be one of the possible openings since the gaps on the covers are wide enough for them to squeeze in. I used the flashlight to look inside and saw the drippings. That confirms my suspicion. I'm so surprise that the exterminator didn't check these vents. As I have lost confidence on him, I decided to go for another pest control company.

Thank my Lord that I saw the reviews of Snap Pest Control. From Joe's response to the reviewers, I can sense that he is experienced, reliable and responsible. I therefore contacted him and we have a brief discussion over the phone. Thank my Lord again, he understood my frustration and is willing to help out though it's a long drive for him to come all the way to my house.

He came on time on the scheduled day and spent almost 3 hours in my house to locate the possible openings inside and outside my house. He also checked the cracks on the wall of my neighbor's garage and their garage door. He then told me that the mice most probably come in from the openings outside my neighbor's garage. When they get in their garage, they go up to the 2nd floor from the space in the wall of their garage. Most probably, they find the way to enter the the space between the ceiling of ground floor and the hardwood floor of 2nd floor of my side. From there, they found the openings to enter my living room and the kitchen.

Once he has located the possible openings inside and outside my house, he sealed them one by one with mesh or steel wool. He even sealed the hole on the wall of my neighbor's garage. Finally he set some traps but not too many because as per his advice, it would alarm the mice and they won't touch them.

It's almost a week since his last visit and I don't see any new drippings. I believe it's because he has sealed all the possible openings which are the root cause of the infestation. He will come back again in about 2 months to check the situation and then a final visit in the fall.

For me, I really appreciate his patience in locating and sealing the openings. It also teaches me how to look for a good pest control company. Before you decide to hire a company, make sure the exterminator will locate and seal the openings for you or not. If he will not, I would suggest you to look for another one since poison, bait stations and traps cannot resolve the issue completely.

Thanks Joe again, really appreciate your assistance and I will definitely refer you to my friends if they need pest control service.

Job Price

Thanks for your review. My client was under the impression that the mouse issue was going to be resolved and yet it became a matter of baiting and hoping for the best. The results speak for themselves and the Neighbor can now fix his garage door and end the steady flow of mice into my clients home. I spent three hours on this job where my competition spent 30 minutes. Lets break down the 30 minutes. The introduction at the door 10 minutes. The looking around getting the stations from his truck and placing them around 10 minutes. The going to the truck and getting the invoices and payments and goodbyes 10 minutes. I estimate the inspection itself took maybe 5 minutes to complete. If he had said on the phone during the initial consultation that he would spend 10 minutes to solve this rather complex mouse issue I highly doubt he would have ever received the job. I always look for the source of a mice issue and have been doing so everyday now for years and I need an hour to 3 hours on average to get the issue to the point where I can start to even get the ball rolling. The issue with mice is that these jobs are a process and a process is hardly ever present with these jobs because most of the the time these guys will simply bait the house down ( a band aid solution ) or over bait ( many band aids ) so that you don't see mice for 6 months or so. Lets break down the 6 months. The six months is interesting because for the first 6 weeks you have the allowance period. Mice need 6 weeks to find the bait and consume it. Really then you are getting 4 and half months. Mice tend to leave in the summer months which means for 4 months they are out and about and not really in the house to much, so what do you get, 2 weeks of coverage. After 6 months you notice the mice are back and then what do you do ? The bait has run out and so has your warranty. Perhaps you call them back and guess what he comes back and does the exact same thing. Your mouse issue will never end because your neighbor still has a gap in his garage door and they have reproduced, don't eat the poison anymore then what. This situation did not happen here because my client sensed that something was not quite right and made inquiries. She had zero tolerance and finally understood what it was that she wanted and didn't want. Joe

Khairul Matin in Scarborough

Joe provide very good service. He checked whole house inside and outside including garage. Joe visit again though we have no sign of mice in our house. He checked again as before. He also promised that another fallow up visit at fall. We are happy for his service.

Job Price

Thanks for your review. The mice are gone however I will still be conducting my fall follow up, a likely time when mice are likely to attempt to re-enter. Mice in the spring months are also on the move and will move into homes due to weather changes and a need to stock pile depleted food stores. This has be a busy year for mice. Joe

I am writing this review to express how thankful I am for coming across Joe and acquiring his services.

We initially had another company that I will not mention by name that had good reviews somehow but they showed once and stayed for about 20 minutes to put out baiting stations and left and never came back. The mice problem got much worse rather than better.

We were seeing mice on a daily basis during the day and obviously this along with their droppings affects you psychologically.

I spoke with Joe initially for about 30 minutes and felt very comfortable with him. I could tell that he was not a run of the mill exterminator. He likes the challenge of each project and actually cares about his clients and is exceptionally honest. He said he wouldn't be able to come to my place for a couple of weeks and even suggested another place that could come right away but I felt total confidence that Joe would be the right choice and get rid of mice problem once and for all.

He spent several hours examining the place, taking pictures, sealing up holes, placing new bait etc. The bait for the other place was untouched and he placed new bait without bait stations as he felt that it was possible that the mice were scared to enter into the bait stations. He explained everything that he was doing and I was very sure that the mouse problem would eventually go away.

I was quite surprised though that the mice were never seen again and the mice droppings were reduced dramatically right away. Before he came back 6 weeks later, we were not seeing any new droppings. It felt like a miracle.

He said that they ate half of the bait and he topped up the bait to make sure that they will be gone for good. He told me to call him in September unless we see some evidence of mice in the meantime.

I highly recommend Joe as with my experience with him is that he takes every job seriously and has the know-how to effectively get rid of pests that much bigger companies don't or just want to spend the least amount of time at your place and hope that placing bait in standard places will work. Joe is truly one of kind and will think out a strategy to get rid of any pest and doesn't worry on how long he spends at your place to figure out the optimal strategy.

Job Price

Thanks for your wonderful review. This is what it is all about for me. The feeling that the home is now pest free after a considerable period of time has elapsed. I understand my clients frustration because I too worked for a company and on each and every job all I did was bait. The issue was that I was feeling guilty because I never solved the root cause of anybody's issue. Truly, I was not cut out to work for any company because I just couldn't justify to myself what it was that I was there to do. There was nothing else for me to learn and I was not feeling like an exterminator. When I finally left I really knew nothing about true pest control but was determined to conduct lengthy inspections in order to locate access points for once and for all. Other technicians at suppliers offices would laugh at me and say that what I was attempting to do was impossible. These same techs were starting their own companies and doing the same things as the big companies out there. I knew that I could develop a better business by taking my time and getting results for people. Each and every day I learn something knew from my adventures and I am better for it. Joe

Elliott from Mississauga

We had some damage to one of our vents, leading to a squirrel trapped in the attic. Joe from Snap was able to repair and encase the vents in cages while attaching a one-way door to the vent with the hole.

A few days later, the squirrel in the attic finally left, and he returned to remove the one-way gate and fix the remaining vent. We are now happily squirrel free and protected against further incursion.

Service was prompt, efficient, effective, and overall a pleasure to deal with.

Job Price

I am amazed at how easily a squirrel can chew through a regular square plastic roof vent. Everybody is vulnerable to this behavior and should get some protection. Now that I think of it I also have to do my own roof vents. My wife has even threatened to call in a company to protect my own vents. I tell her that I will get around to it but get so busy with other roofs I forget. The story about the cobblers kids having the worst shoes is true after all.

More about snap pest control

With of wealth of knowledge, Snap pest control is ready and willing to help you find the right solutions to your pest control problems.

Whether your sitting at home and just saw a mouse or your in the food service industry and want to inquire about a monthly plan, Snap is here to help. All uniforms and vehicles are un-marked and we will never show up at your business or home at a busy time. With reasonable rates and personalized service you can rest assured that your in good hands.

Pest Control Services
Bed Bug Extermination
Mice Extermination
Termite Control
Carpenter Ant Control
Rat Removal
Wasp Removal
All types of bugs and pests
Animal Control Services
Raccoon Removal
Skunk Removal
Squirrel Removal
Pigeon Removal
Humane Animal Rescue

We use environmentally friendly techniques, and can provide guarantees

Our certified animal control technicians are experienced in trapping animals, sealing entrance points and making sure that you don’t experience problems with wild animals again.