Shades Of Home

Reviews for Shades Of Home

Durdana in Oakville
Durdana in Oakville

Roller Shades and Blinds

We had a very good experience with Shades of Home.
We bought a new home and we needed to treat all the windows of different sizes. Hilary was the one who helped us. Whole process from initial consultation, to choose design, purchase, and then installation was a breeze. We highly recommend Shades of Home to everyone.

Hello Durdana,
Thank you for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with you and helping you select the shades and drapery for your new home. I think the shades and drapery fabric look fabulous and complement the style of your home.

Best regards,
Hilary Barichello
Interior design and drapery consultant

Angie in Oakville
Angie in Oakville

Happy with my elite roller blinds

I have my blinds installed in 11 windows by Shades of Home and I’m very happy with the excellent service that Marie presented to me, she helped me to choose the fabric which I’m very pleased with and also the installation was done absolutely perfect and the installers were very nice and very professional and did an excellent job. I will use the Shades Of Home every time when need the blinds and I will gladly recommend them to anyone that needs blinds or any other window covers for its home.

Hello Angie
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am very proud of my designers and installers. Their dedication to our clients is what is most important.
Steve Poxon, owner, Shades of Home

Christa in Toronto
Christa in Toronto

Custom Drapery and Blinds

I found Shades of Home after spending countless weeks/months trying to find the right window covering solutions with a reputable competitor in the City. Within a week of contacting Shades of Home, I had an in house consultation and the drapery and blinds on order! The process was seamless from start to finish. Marie was a treat to work and came through on her promises for delivery and installation. My husband and I are THRILLED with the final result. Special shout out to Raj and his wife - the installers - who wowed my husband with their charm and expertise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shades of Home to friends and family.

Hi Christa
Thanks so much for your kind words. Marie does make it so easy. Experience counts and it shows when you deal with a professional with years of experience like Marie. She has a way about her that makes the whole experience enjoyable without any pressure.
And Raj and his wife are truly our other great asset. They help make Marie's work and recommendations come alive.
Thanks again
Steve Poxon
Owner, Shades of Home

Henny in Oakville
Henny in Oakville

Window coverings for our home

We recently finished a rennovation at our home and needed several new window coverings including something that darkens the bedrooms. After an in home consultation with Marie and another one with another company we decided to go with Shades of home because we a got a better price with shades of home for the same product and also because I felt that Marie really listened to my needs as a customer. She took the time and I never felt rushed.
Overall great experience and would definitely recommend shades of home to my friends.

Hello Henny

Marie and I would like to thank you for the review. Listening to each client and recommending what we believe is the best solution while providing them with our best prices is what we do everyday - without pressure. It was a real pleasure meeting you and looking after the few things that needed altering. We look forward to providing the same level of service to your friends, family & neighbours in the future.

Thanks again
Shades of Home

sp
sp

Drapery

I recently had drapery installed in my Living Room and Dinning and I am very pleased with the results. I first met Hilary at the showroom where we looked at various fabric choices and then she came to my home for a consulation and measurements. Hilary was very helpful in guiding me to decide on fabrics and made the process very easy. The installation was timely and smooth and the installer did an excellent job. I had a gret experience and would highly recommend Shades of Home. I will definitely use them again! Sylvia

Thank you for your kind reveiw Sylvia. It was a pleasure working with you. I am glad you are happy with your new drapery and your experience with us.

Shades of Home
Oakville showroom

Simon.R in Oakville
Simon.R in Oakville

drapery

We had some drapery done a couple of weeks ago and are very pleased with the final result. The whole experience from beginning to end was very professional. The installer did an amazing job. Would highly recommend Shades of Home.

Thank you for the review. I am so glad you are happy with your new drapes and our installation service. Ben is a very experienced installer. I was also pleased with the fabric choice and how it compliments your living and dining rooms. It was a pleasure working with you.

Hilary Barichello
Custom Drapery and Interior Decor Specialist.

Jason from Toronto
Jason from Toronto

Eclipse 3.5in Vinyl Window Shutters

We are extremely happy with the selection, purchase experience, installation and follow-up of our vinyl shutters from Shades of Home. Sales staff assisted in our decision making and made a home visit prior to our purchase to ensure that the shutters were exactly what we wanted. The installers pre-booked both measurement and installation dates based on our preferences and were on time, courteous and very professional both times. It took only 3 weeks for the shutters to be built and installed and the workmanship is excellent with all shutters fitting cleanly in our windows. The vinyl shutters are easy to clean and have a nice neat clean look to them. Sales staff also followed up a few weeks after installation to ensure that we were satisfied and that no further work remained. We felt that the price was very reasonable and competitive, with the total $s split over 2 payments. I would have no hesitation recommending Shades of Home for similar purchases.

Hello Jason.
Thanks for allowing us to install shutters in your home. I'm happy you found us and enjoyed the level of pre-during and post installation service we offer all our clients. Your Eclipse UlraSatin shutters will give you years of carefree enjoyment and definitely added additional value to you home. Thanks again for your business.
Marie Iannace

Karen Duffy in Mississauga
Karen Duffy in Mississauga

Window coverings for entire house - some blinds and some curtains

From start to finish, Marie was excellent. She was considerate, timely with the project and called back always within a short period of time. She came to my house in between decisions to answer questions and go over our decisions if I was second guessing anything. She made changes as well as advising me in areas where I didn't need to spend 'more' money. Once I was ready to place my order, she was also able to throw in a couple of blinds for windows that weren't quoted on (complimentary). Timing was as quoted. I highly recommend Marie and her company!

Hi Karen
Thanks for the kind words. Marie loves what she does and thoroughly enjoys interacting with clients, helping them work within their budget to get the 'look' they want without having to always resort to some brand names that carry a higher sticker price.
Regards, Steve Poxon, owner - Shades of Home

Pat in Toronto
Pat in Toronto

Motorized shades throughout new condo

I was in the market for shades for a new condo I had just moved in to, and ended up here. After contacting a dozen different companies, Marie was the most responsive and accommodating. I decided on motorized hunter douglas shades and they look absolutely stellar. Price point was more than competitive, installation was done professionally, and once the order was placed it arrived far sooner than I expected. If only my Wifi worked as well.

Thanks Patrick.
It was nice working with you. I'm glad you had a great experience with Shades of Home. Customers like you make our job rewarding. Thanks again.

Maria in Oakville
Maria in Oakville

Whole Home Drapery and Shades

I was looking for drapery and shades for my new place. By chance, I went into Shades of Home's Toronto location. Was I ever glad I did!
My experience with Marie and her team from start to finish was excellent.
Marie was very helpful and her suggestions with the design and fabric for each room was on point. She also worked with me to ensure that I stayed within my budget. My drapes and shades were finished within the estimated time and their installers did a great job.
Best of all, I am very happy with the workmanship and look of my drapes and shades.

Hello Maria
Thanks so much for letting us provide the sunscreen roller shades and drapery. It was such a pleasure! I trust your parents will love their space when they come to visit - with a great view! One of the best urban towns in the complex!
Thanks again,

More about Shades Of Home

What makes us unique is not only the breadth of our experience and products but that we can put together a complete designer solution for your home. We offer personalized design & decor service, expert installations AND the buying power of 4 locations. We have Drapery and Window Covering Specialists with years of experience here to help, everyday. 25 years providing Custom Window Treatments in Oakville, Mississauga, Milton, Burlington and the surrounding GTA. Shop by Brand, Hunter Douglas, Levolor, Shade-O-Matic, Elite, Altex, Eclipse, and more. Complete custom drapery with 1000's of fabrics, styles and price ranges all expertly tailored and installed. And a huge selection of custom drapery hardware and motorization options.

WHO WE ARE - over 25 years in the window covering business

We do one thing, and we do it Really,Really Well.

CALIFORNIA SHUTTERS: We provide Custom Wood Shutters, Eclipse Vinyl Shutters, MaxXmar Wood & Vinyl Shutters, Hunter Douglas Vinyl & Hybrid Shutters and Richwood Engineered Wood Shutters. We will recommend the right shutters at the best price for everyones specific requirments.

Our DRAPERY SPECIALISTS and workroom can create any soft fabric treatment. Our showrooms carry a huge selection of designer drapery fabrics for our clients to choose from. Many of our drapery clients come to us after we have provided 'functional' window treatments in their homes or in their friends home and others have found our showroom on their own.

MAXXMAR offers some of the most innovative and well priced window treatments in the marketplace today. We offer the full line of MaxXmar window fashions at prices our competition can't beat.

HUNTER DOUGLAS: We have been a Hunter Douglas dealer for over 20 years. Both of our showrooms are SHOWCASE SHOWROOMS meaning you will find every Hunter Douglas product on display with staff who can explain every Hunter Douglas option and our volume pricing ensures that it will be unlikely you will find a lower price on you Hunter Douglas Manual and PowerView shades.

SUNGLOW: Specializing in the manufacturing of Sunscreen roller shades for residential and commercial applications, we offer SunGlow to our clients who are looking for oversized shades not available from Hunter Douglas, Elite or MaxXmar. Their experience in Somfy motorization, linked shades, height and width makes them one of our key suppliers for commercial and condo applications.

ELITE WINDOW FASHIONS: Since 1967 this Canadian company has been offering a wide selection of quality window coverings. Well priced with fabrics similar to Hunter Douglases offerings, including e-motion and Somfy motorization.

MOTORIZATION We have been selling, installing and programming motorized shades and drapery long before it became an entry level option for automating window coverings - 25 years to be exact. Knowledge AND experience is an absolute necessity and all of our staff and technical installers are trained. Not only will the shades be properly installed but also programmed and integrated into a variety of smart home systems.

Our sales approach is one of collaboration. Our staff is hired for their ability and trained to spend enough time with the client to fully understand their expectations, needs and budget. Then we can suggest some options and allow the client to make the value decision for themselves.

We spend the extra time with each client to ensure they are choosing the right product that will provide solutions to their needs. We try our best to balance privacy, light control with the right product that fits within the clients budget.

All in all I strive to make the environment and experience as stress-free as possible for my staff and clients.

Sincerely,