Shades Of Home

Reviews for Shades Of Home

J. Archer from Oakville
J. Archer from Oakville

New Draperies and Installation

I went to Shades of Home in Oakville and met Jasmina. I told her my current draperies for my living room window and sliding glass door were hideous and that I wanted new ones. Jasmina was wonderful!! She was very patient, extremely professional and worked very hard to ensure the fabric and style chosen would be beautiful.
My new draperies were installed yesterday. They are absolutely exquisite. The quality cannot be surpassed and the fabric totally adds to the look of the room. The installers were also wonderful. They were experts, very kind and did a phenomenal job.
My complete experience with Shades of Home and the entire process dealing with Jasmina as well as the installers was perfect.
I highly recommend this business. Everyone involved was focused on customer service and perfection. I cannot say enough about the company and the people working there. I am over the moon happy!!

Thanks for your extremely kind words. Yours is the outcome we work towards with each client. You made Jasmina's day. Thank you.
Steve
Owner

Private User reviews Wilmot, ON

Blinds

Excellent customer service from start to finish.
Hilary ‘s advice was invaluable, estimate of delivery perfect, and her measurements spot-on.
Old blinds removed and new ones installed by Raj and Sarla efficiently and professionally.
Would highly recommend this company for its quality service.

Thank you so much for the kind review. It was a pleasure to provide the new shades. I am glad you are happy with the shades and the service.
Hilary Barichello
Custom drapery and Interior Decor Specialist

Amanda in Toronto
Amanda in Toronto

Great experience. Highly recommended!

We needed shutters and drapes for the main floor of our house. After a lot of research, we have decided to contact Shades of Home for a quote. A few quick email exchange later, Marie came to our house for the in house appointment and she gave us really good and helpful recommendations and suggestions.

The shutters and drapes installers were professional, friendly and clean. Installation was quick and seamless. We are very happy with our eclipse shutters and drapes. Great experience with this company. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review and placing your trust in Marie and Shades of Home. It was a pleasure.

Thanks

Downtown condo in Old Toronto
Downtown condo in Old Toronto

Rollor blinds for condo unit

Working with the staff at Shades of Home was a true pleasure. They committed lots of time and patience to help me make the right selection and the best use of my budget dollars. No high pressure involved.
Their installer was relaxed and genial, but a real professional.
I would definitely recommend Shades of Home for anyone with window covering needs.

Thanks so much for the review.

It's always great to get feedback from clients. I will certainly forward your comments to Marie, your consultant and Raj, your installer.

All the best, Steve Poxon
Owner, Shades of Home

Catherine in Toronto
Catherine in Toronto

Hunter Douglas Motorized Shades

We had old vertical blinds on sliding doors, two sets later that kept breaking, we purchased Hunter Douglas motorized shades for glass sliding doors and 3 other window. Hilary was a gem to work with, gave us a good price. Installers were friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing good service and good products. Thanks Hilary for making this such a wonderful experience. Hope to work with you and your team again! Catherine D.

Thank you for the review Catherine. We really appreciate your time in writing this. It was a pleasure working with you and I am glad you are happy with the shades.

Hilary Barichello
Custom Drapery and Interior Decor Specialist

BrigitG
BrigitG

Love, Love, Love our Shutters

For years we debated whether to install shutters in our home so we lived with 3 different types of window treatments throughout the second floor. When we finally decided to go with shutters our research lead us to many horror stories of poor quality and high prices. Even though budget is important, we did not want to compromise quality. Our search led us to Shades of Home in Oakville and we couldn’t be happier with our Eclipse 4.5” shutters. The planning and quoting process was easy. Hilary walked us through the process and gave us great tips to consider when selecting size and style. The installers pre-booked measurement and installation dates. Within 3 weeks we had new shutters installed in 10 windows by very efficient and clean professionals. We had a great experience with Shades of Home. The price was competitive but the quality is unmatched. We would definitely recommend them to our family and friends.

Hi Brigite
Thanks for letting me know about your experience with Shades of Home and our Oakville designer, Hilary. I hope others who read about your experience will be prompted to call us for window treatments for their home as well.
I'm happy we were able to provide top quality eclipse shutters at a competitive price.
Thanks again.
Steve Poxon, Shades of Home

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Great overall experience

Extremely pleased with my recent custom blinds installation.
Marie was very knowledgable and helpful and made great recommendations that complimented our space.

The entire process was extremely smooth and professional and on time!. The end result exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a reliable supplier with a great selection.

Thanks for the review. As always we are pleased to get feedback from our clients.

Thanks,

Drapery treatments

My husband and I went into Marie’s Caledonia showroom and talked to her. She was great! She really listened to what we were looking for and made some great suggestions. She even sent us pictures so we could actually see some samples of drapery treatments that would work for us. We gave her the measurements of our windows and she was able to come up with a rough quote for the 7 windows. Once my husband and I ahead with the order, Marie came to our home with numerous fabric books and helped us select some beautiful fabrics that complimented the individual rooms. The installations went very smoothly. My husband and I really appreciated Marie letting us know as soon as possible when the curtains were going to be ready,
how long before they would be installed. I even appreciated her keeping me in the loop and letting me know how long it was going to be when the installer was running a little late. My husband and I love or new window treatments and we are very happy that we chose Shades of Home to make them for us because from start to finish it was a very positive experience. We highly recommend them!

Hello Rita

Thanks so much for all your kind words. It was a real pleasure helping you choose your window treatments and Marie is thrilled you are happy with her advice, product recommendations and installation.

dschembri in Toronto
dschembri in Toronto

Great Job and excellent service.

I called Shades of Home for a second estimate and they provided a better price. However, the service is what I most appreciated.

From the first visit to do measuring; to the quality of the product and finally the professional delivery and installation, I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Marie and Steve!

Dennis

Hi Dennis
Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure meeting you and helping Marie install the sheers in your home this morning. We alway try to exceed customer expectations on service, quality. I hope we exceeded yours.
Thanks again

Private User reviews , ON

Excellent Project with Shades of Home

We recently moved into a custom-built, new home. As first time house owners, we were unsure about the style and type of window coverings that would best suit our taste and needs. Marie visited us on numerous occasions to guide us through the selection process. She was very patient despite our indecisiveness, and offered a lot of good design advice. We experienced a shipping delay with some of our blinds, but Marie was able to quickly rectify the issue. We highly recommend Marie and her team!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Shades of Home and our main decor specialist, Marie Iannace. It's rewarding to receive your feedback.

Thanks
Steve Poxon, Owner, Shades of Home

More about Shades Of Home

Shades of Home is a family business with 2 window treatment and soft furnishing Showrooms in Oakville & Toronto. We offer personalized design & decor consultations with our drapery and window covering specialists and expert guaranteed installations. Our Drapery and Window Covering Specialists have years of experience to help, everyday. Shades of Home has been providing Custom Window Treatments in Oakville, Mississauga, Milton, Burlington and the surrounding GTA for over 25 years. Shop by Brand, Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Elite, MaxXmar, SunGlow, Altex, Eclipse, and more. Complete custom drapery with 4000+ designer fabrics, Unlimited styles and price ranges all expertly tailored and installed. And a huge selection of custom drapery hardware and motorization options.

***

WHO WE ARE - over 25 years in the window covering business

We do one thing, and we do it Really,Really Well.

CALIFORNIA SHUTTERS: We provide Custom Wood Shutters, Eclipse Vinyl Shutters, MaxXmar Wood & Vinyl Shutters, Hunter Douglas Vinyl & Hybrid Shutters and Richwood Engineered Wood Shutters. We will recommend the right shutters at the best price for everyones specific requirments.

Our DRAPERY SPECIALISTS and workroom can create any soft fabric treatment. Our showrooms carry a huge selection of designer drapery fabrics for our clients to choose from. Many of our drapery clients come to us after we have provided 'functional' window treatments in their homes or in their friends home and others have found our showroom on their own.

MAXXMAR offers some of the most innovative and well priced window treatments in the marketplace today. We offer the full line of MaxXmar window fashions at prices our competition can't beat.

HUNTER DOUGLAS: We have been a Hunter Douglas dealer for over 20 years. Both of our showrooms are SHOWCASE SHOWROOMS meaning you will find every Hunter Douglas product on display with staff who can explain every Hunter Douglas option and our volume pricing ensures that it will be unlikely you will find a lower price on you Hunter Douglas Manual and PowerView shades.

SUNGLOW: Specializing in the manufacturing of Sunscreen roller shades for residential and commercial applications, we offer SunGlow to our clients who are looking for oversized shades not available from Hunter Douglas, Elite or MaxXmar. Their experience in Somfy motorization, linked shades, height and width makes them one of our key suppliers for commercial and condo applications.

ELITE WINDOW FASHIONS: Since 1967 this Canadian company has been offering a wide selection of quality window coverings. Well priced with fabrics similar to Hunter Douglases offerings, including e-motion and Somfy motorization.

MOTORIZATION We have been selling, installing and programming motorized shades and drapery long before it became an entry level option for automating window coverings - 25 years to be exact. Knowledge AND experience is an absolute necessity and all of our staff and technical installers are trained. Not only will the shades be properly installed but also programmed and integrated into a variety of smart home systems.

Our sales approach is one of collaboration. Our staff is hired for their ability and trained to spend enough time with the client to fully understand their expectations, needs and budget. Then we can suggest some options and allow the client to make the value decision for themselves.

We spend the extra time with each client to ensure they are choosing the right product that will provide solutions to their needs. We try our best to balance privacy, light control with the right product that fits within the clients budget.

All in all I strive to make the environment and experience as stress-free as possible for my staff and clients.

Sincerely,