Convertible Heating And Air Conditioning

9.7 10 (2021 reviews)

Rick from Toronto
Rick from Toronto

No heat call

Our furnace stopped working late afternoon and within a few hours the technician arrived and fixed the problem. The problem was quite complex
and required skill to diagnose. The technician was very knowledgeable , courteous and explained the issue. I purchased my furnace and AC from Convertible Air and highly recommend them as a full service HVAC provider.

Hi Rick! Thank you so much for this review, we truly appreciate it. You are the best!

take care and enjoy everything. We are always a phone call away

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto

Fall Furnace Tune-Up--Service "Above and Beyond"!

Our HVAC technician retired after giving us over 30 years of excellent service. We reached out to Convertible Heating And Air Conditioning based on its excellent HomeStars ratings, and we're more than happy we did. Sean was our technician and inspected our furnace from top to bottom and was also kind enough to wash down our electronic air cleaner coils. Beyond that, he shared his findings with me, showing that everything was within specifications. Best of all from my wife's point of view, he removed his boots except when he was working on the furnace itself. That's service "above and beyond"!

Bob
Thank you so much for this fantastic review!

We truly appreciate your business, and are extremely grateful for your review.

Thank you and be well, Marnie Amodeo GM

Diniz in Brampton
Diniz in Brampton

Borges family Furnace installation

We had our 26 year old furnace replaced today. I called Convertible heating and air because my father recommended them who had his furnace replaced five years ago. When I called on Friday i was told Pete would call me shortly to book a consultation the same day. He showed up with in a hour or so. He was very knowledgeable with our needs and the products available. He asked if Monday was good for us and we said that was great. Installation was done by Kamil and Stephan and they very professional, friendly and informative, they came in set up and did the install answered all my questions and cleaned up as they finished. Great guys

Borges family, thank you so very much for this lovely review. It is our pleasure to help you fast, with no hassles. We are happy to assist.

Thank you for your business, on behalf of Pete, Kamil, Stephen and everyone here at Convertible!

Thank you, Marnie Amodeo general manager

TG
TG

Furnace and AC replaced

We decided to go with this company based on the great reviews on Homestars. We needed a new AC and had this replaced during the summer of 2021, however after installation the house did not cool down (and it was hot!) After a week someone came to inspect and noticed the technicians forgot to put coolant in the unit. Human error -- they were apologetic and fixed the issue.
We decided to use them again to replace an older furnace and they installed this quickly. However we noticed there was a leak and the basement floor was covered in water. After a couple of days someone came to inspect and noticed the hose was not installed for drainage- again human error which they apologized and fixed. The model and serial number were also incorrectly listed on the service invoice for warranty so we had to unscrew the plates on the furnace to find this -- although very minor still annoying. Overall I don't think I would be recommending this company to friends and family.

TG, I truly appreciate your feedback. I remember you well, as I took your service call on both occasions.

Following the service report from the repair technician, and speaking to my installation team, I will let you know what actually happened.

I am going to clarify some of the things that weren't completely correct in your review.

1: Air conditioners COME WITH refrigerant in them, fully charged, ready to turn on with refrigerant in them already the factory.

So to say that we "forgot" to fill your unit with refrigerant was not correct at all.

What can happen, and what did happen (which happens to all HVAC companies sometimes) is the unit was 1/2 pound low on refrigerant from the factory. And it didn't pick up on the gauges during our superheat test. It sometimes doesn't show up on gauges until it runs for a week or so. Cooler Outdoor temperatures on the day of installation and a longer length of copper line connection can give incorrect pressure readings at first until it runs for a while under hotter outdoor temperatures.

This 1/2 pound differential slowed the cooling. And when you reported this to our hotline, we came immediately to add in the extra top up of refrigerant.

After this minor correction the AC was running perfectly. So it was Not "human error" but normal operating issues our industry deals with.

Please note we came right away, happy courteous and fast. No stalling or excuses like most.

Regarding your furnace, the drain kit is an internal part of the furnace. We simply connect a tube to the floor drain.

Unfortunately it didn't drain properly and we fixed it the same day you called.

In a world of shady contractors who run from hiccups, we answered our phone every time. We came immediately both times. With pleasant experienced staff. That's all we can do. When you install repair over 2000 systems a year there's always going to be minor hiccups, it's statistically unavoidable. This is why service departments exist.

But what makes us worthwhile is our care and professionalism to avoid these issues from the start, and correct them immediately when they arise.

We are true professionals. Since 1967.

Service Manager

Caribbean in Markham
Caribbean in Markham

Best experience ever!

My furnace broke, heat exchanger cracked right in the middle of winter with -18 coming during weekend and seniors at home. Convertible was highly recommended by a close friend and among 2 other companies I called, Convertible convinced me. Next day at 8 AM, the crew knocked at my door and replaced my old 13 yo Payne furnace in about 2.5 hours. These guys are honest and professional and they know what they are doing. Obviously, price was also a factor and they are very competitive, but it wasn't just the pricing, I truly felt their honesty and true desire to help and not take advantage of my situation. Would definitely recommend Convertible to friends and family!

Thank you so very much for this lovely review

We really appreciate being thought of.

We are so pleased to help you in your time of stress.

Please remember to register your serial number online

Enjoy in warmth and good health always

FURNANCE REPLACEMENT

My furnace broken down on the first day and coldest day of 2022. Contacted Convertible and they responded immediately. They replaced the Furnace on the next working day. Michael is excellent to explain clearly and provided excellent recommendation of what we needed. The installation crew also excellent. they performed the work and kept the place clean.

Andy
Thank you so very much for for this thoughtful review
We truly appreciate it. We are always here to help fast.
Please remember to register your serial number online

Enjoy always

kcp
kcp

Eazy-peezy

i called on Wednesday & they came to install my new furnace the following Monday. installers cleaned up nicely. I was mostly happy to see & pleasantly surprised how small of a hole they needed to cut in basement ceiling drywall in order to replace our black venting pipes with new white ones. just a 4”x7” hole. good job.

Thank You for this review, I am glad that we exceeded your expectations on this difficult job with a finished ceiling. Enjoy your new furnace, thank you very much. Marnie Amodeo general manager

A
A
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Furnace Tune-Up & Cleaning

Contacted Convertible Heating and Air Conditioning as first-time house owners looking to have the gas furnace of our recently purchased house looked at and cleaned.

Sam handled the booking over the phone and was incredibly friendly and knowledgable. Sam was more than willing to answer general questions about furances and A/C units on the call, and also shared details about the company and what they do.

Raj was the professional who arrived on-site for the furnace tune-up. He was efficient, clean, and very friendly. We had dozens of questions about the furnace, HVAC in general, the installation of A/C, gas feeds, and even the wiring that supplies the major HVAC systems. Raj patiently answered all of our questions and showed us each step of what he was doing with the tune-up. He also verbally provided an outline of the home owner's responsibilities to keep the furnace clean and safe (change air filters 3-4x a year, keep clearance, book general cleanings/tune-ups every few years).

We will definitely be reaching out to Convertible Heating and Air Conditioning again for anything furnace or water heater related, and when we get our A/C unit purchased/installed!

Thank you so much for this beautiful review we truly appreciate it.
Raj is a wonderful person and incredible technician we agree!

. He's worked here since he was a teenager Learning under the wing of his father who worked here for decades as well.

On behalf of my father Sam, our long time star, Raj and everyone here at Convertible- thank you

Call anytime
1-800-423-0969
24 hour

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

Furnace replacement

I turned to Convertible after our furnace broke down on the coldest night of the season (so far) and at the recommendation of a friend. Marnie was incredibly patient and helpful, despite the many calls she was receiving after a bitter cold night. She talked me through the issue with our old furnace, pricing options, as well as the pros and cons of various new furnaces, and by the end I was confident with the model we chose. The technicians were also efficient, quick, and polite, and answered any questions I had. I look forward to using them in the future to service and maintain our equipment.

Jason, thank you so very much for this review. I truly appreciate your kind words of support for the way we run our business. I am very thankful to have you as a customer, we will always take good care of you. You never had to worry . Take good care and stay safe, talk soon.

Fatima
Fatima

Helpful, courteous and knowledgeable

Wish I could give more stars. Fixed my gas leak in my furnace. Came quickly and very courteous and helpful. Helped me over the phone weeks later for a thermostat issue. So helpful. Can’t say enough good things about Anthony!!

Thank you, Fatima! This is sooo nice of you. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this review. We appreciate the compliments on our service, and for especially mentioning Anthony. I will let him read this. He is absolutely the best, and we are lucky to have him. Thanks again for everything. Call anytime, we never close.

Marnie Amodeo, GM
1-800-423-0969
24 hour

More about Convertible Heating And Air Conditioning

We are a 50 year old family business established in 1967 that specializes in the installation and service of Gas Furnaces, Central Air Conditioning, Gas Boilers, Hydronic Furnaces, Tankless Hot Water, Hot Water Tanks, Humidifiers, Air Cleaners and Custom Ductwork.