Globaltek Home Improvements Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
951 Denison Street Markham ON L3R 3W9
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Markham  >  Globaltek Home Improvements Ltd.

Reviews for Globaltek Home Improvements Ltd.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Quality windows, poor service

The windows used were very well made from a good Canadian company. However, the installers were not professional, and never on time. The whole process took double the amount of time we were initially told and install dates kept getting pushed back.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. We'd like to provide better customer service to our customers, but we cannot get the enough information through the review from private user. Do you mind emailing us directly and providing more information for us to investigate this issue? The email address is: sales@globaltekwindows.com. Best Regards, Globaltek Customer Service.--- Oct 25, 2017

Hi there, we haven't received your information yet. Communication is the key to investigate the issue. Please email or call for helping us to get more information. Best Regards, Globaltek Customer Service.--- Nov 8, 2017

Hi there, we tried to figure this out but we still haven't received any information from you. According to the account under 'private user', it is reasonable to doubt that you are our potential competitor who is attempting to make a bad influence on our reputation. Offering professional service to our customer, is our aim all the time. Globaltek Customer Service.--- Nov 14, 2017

R L from Markham
R L from Markham

All House Windows and Patio Doors

Why this company is worth in such low rating?

Before I decided to use this company. One of reason! I read some review on Home Star! And I met Dennis. Actually he is the boss ! His honour and skilful description was quite impressed me! Personally, he is a good man unfortunately he is not a good organizer!

I choose this one , not because they give me good prices. I was just impressed he put almost 2 hours’ time to explain and present all the windows. He was humble and honest by that time. Also his advertisement using local Chinese TV star as representative. He promised me everything that other windows contractors’ offered and all the procedure to close the deal.

We signed agreement at the end of March 2014 as he pushed me that was the deadline day of the offer. We agreed to complete all the job early May or by no later than Mid of May for tolerant. Also need 3 consecutive days to finish all project.

After month and half. No updated till I called him on the very last day of mid May. He told me that He made a mistake on 2 Bay Windows and sent back to factory to rebuild. So I expected that may delay another month to finish that would be the most. Meanwhile there were no update either. I called him at last. He kept excuse and excuse. And want me to accept doing the installation little by little. With no choice, I agree to finish the others first. Unfortunately, that little by little arrangement was poor, the contractor installed one day and I need to wait for another months or longer to do others windows. So I have to keep everything open for him and wait!

Made the story short, the windows still not completely install up to date. Aug 14, 2014. Shame!

It was so disappointed, I put a deadline on last Sat. He arranged the contractor’s apprentice or assistance to install my windows. Especially when I went to check the bay windows. 1, there were broken (may be delivery damage ) , some crack on side , he said it can be patched, it mean that’s not original. 2, when I asked to check the windows glass thickness. We used to order 4mm thickness. he tried to hidden and told me that's 4mm thick, at last I insist to see the glass meter and found out he used 3mm instead. Powerless of excuse, He told me that he will arrange next Wednesday (13 Aug 2014) to replace the glass and 10 days to finish patch and replace all windows. At the beginning, I didn't check much on all windows spec. Now I think I should put it more serious to inspect all windows before pay off!

Unfortunately, No shown and called him, he said that he is very busy and he excuse to try to do everything in same time! But no time schedule to me!

I called him last night (13/8/2014). I told him that if he is very busy, I think I’ll terminate the deal and find others to do the job. He promised to give me schedule by tomorrow. Of course, that’s the excuse to postpone of my time. No call till now 14/8/2014 2:30pm. ? Really tire to deal with this busy man!

I believe most of brand name windows were similar. Contractors are well experienced to handle windows installation. My neighbour did the same windows replacement within a month no doubt. I would say I have no luck!

I don't like to put such case to legal. But if this case keep delay till no deadline. I don't see I have any choice to stop the deal.

Thumb up is the sub-contractors was good experience on installation! So I think I'll keep his contact for future! :)

Good luck if you choose this one!

Interlude :
1, He told me, he was so busy and even CAD40,000 project client have to be waited or he won't take. If we are not having contract. He will forfeit our deal etc. This made me so disappoint his attitude. If he has no time. I could find others. But when he want my business, he shown a humble and responsive. 4 months later. he could speak like this. I don't think this a good business approach. He totally destroyed all my patient for 4 months and trust of him.

2, He used many skilful excuse to make you accept his delay of time.. Actually, I have no choice to accept it cause I don’t want to get worst of deal. Regret that he didn’t understand.

3, This company is dealer of VWD. and installer is not its own team. He sub-contract to other company. So this company cannot control time arrangement well. I could say this company just sales office and did little add on job which is useless as sub-contractor told me. If the windows well build, not necessary to add on anything. It made consumer feeling get extra. As Dennis said, he put more secure on all windows. Hopefully, he is not sales talk!

4, He told me, it is better to install all the windows before my renovation of the house. At last, my renovation almost done. He still not finish! Kidding me if I wait for him!

5, He told, windows installation will not proceed on rainy day. At last, he arrange a rainy day to me and I turned him down, he said he never said that, he only said little rain is acceptable. What does little rain mean? Think, need to record all conversation or black and white to prove :)

Moreover, I am doubt the company will do anything after sales service if problem occur in future!

Jess from Markham
Jess from Markham

Replacing main entry door

The team at Globaltek were great and knowledgeable. They recommended different door options and provided difference styles to pick from. The installation of the door was great and the product looked amazing. We received many compliments on the style and design of the door.

ckw0110 in Markham
ckw0110 in Markham

Window Replacement

Dennis is a good guy. Did what he said he was going to do. It was another individual that did the work and was pretty good - insulated the windows; filled in finishing nails etc..; overall, looks great.

HT Markham
HT Markham

Patio Door and windows

Globaltek Home Improvements Ltd.
(905) 305-9488
951 Denison Street
Markham
L3R 3W9

The initial conversation with Dennis was very positive.
He explained the two methods of installation,brick to brick and retrofit.
Other companies just said every thing and end of conversation

He also explained how I should maintain the patio door he installed.
In addition he advise me how to maintain other windows not installed by his company, which is unusual.

The previous company which installed the windows just called to enquired how Was the installation NO AFTER SERVICE HOUSE CALLS.

DENNIS is an easy ,amicable and sincere person who is proud of his work and share his knowledge.

I will always recommend him, which I already did even before he installed my patio doors and windows.

Dennis I will remember the jig a loo, vaseline and white grease.

Thanks Again

HT his neighbour

David Wong in Pickering
David Wong in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

windows and door replacement

Globaltek did an excllent job in replacing my 20+ years old windows (total 30 windows). Very impressive particularly on the Bay window installation (Brick to brick). Precise measuremnt and fit perfectly. Entire project is perfect and flawlessly done. Dennis is a very professional salesman. Very knowlegeable, no pressure from him and often come up with great ideas. Able to address my concerns throughout the project Installer team is very professional, polite and clean up all mess after the job is done. Price is very competitive. Definitely recommended to anyone who is interest or thinking about replacing the windows...Recommended A+++++

Raymond in Markham
Raymond in Markham

Windows Replacement

Globaltek did a great job replacing 28 windows Brick to Brick Installation at a very competitive price last week. I called three companies to give estimates. Among those, Dennis of Globaltek is very knowledgeable about windows. He was very polite in responding to any concerns I had.
The installers did the job within 2 days and cleaned up thoroughly after. I've already received several compliments from neighbours on my new windows. Many of them are impressed by the Exterior Contour Look of the Windows.
I would highly recommend Globaltek to anyone replacing their windows.

Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Markham?