Richard is a consummate professional - this is the guy you want doing your trim.
I advised Richard my wife was due July 14th and that we wanted to do our crown moulding before my son's delivery date. Other quotes didn't care and said they couldn't schedule anything for June. Richard, however, was sympathetic (as a Father of three himself) and worked around his schedule to accommodate us. I appreciated this very human element in our interaction with him. We weren't just a meal ticket, we were people and he acknowledge that - thank you, Richard.
Things that impressed me about Richard:
1. When he said he'll follow up, he did;
2. 48 hours before our install date/time, he called to confirm we were all set for the scheduled day/time. His professionalism is 2nd to none.
3. His approach to work is impeccable - there is a level of perfection he strives for that made me wonder if he is doing HIS personal crown moulding or mine. I actually thought he was done so I folded the ladder and handed it to him and he looked at me perplexed and said "I am not done yet, I still have areas I have to touch up." - right there and then I was happy I found this guy. How many trade professionals do you know that take this level of personal investment and pride in their work?
4. Richard is a friendly, humourous and respectful professional. It was a pleasure watching him do this work while we chatted about growing up in the 80s, the in-laws and family.
5. He came prepared with tarps to lay down on the floors - there was no incidents of running out of nails where work had to cease or be postponed - he started, did the work until finish.
I will be using Richard's skill set again on my new house. I don't recommend just anyone, but I can safely say, Richard is a one of a kind professional. By all mean, give him a call.