Markstone Landscaping Ltd.

Interlocking Stone
Suite 208 - 60 Bristol Rd East Mississauga ON L4Z 3K8

Interlocking Stone
Markstone Landscaping Ltd.

Reviews for Markstone Landscaping Ltd.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

The final product is awesome

They were on time every morning and the pace of work was amazing. They bring a lot of manpower and equipment and get the job done! The final product is awesome and our neighbors have all marveled at how fast interlocking pool deck was done and how great it looks.

Totally impressed

Markstone Landscaping came and did our driveway, a patio, and our front yard. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this crew!

I recommend you to use this business

I recommend you to use this business for all your personal landscaping needs. Will never disappoint you with your personal pride.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Everything was completed on time

Markstone Landscaping team is fabulous. They completely transformed our backyard! There were many different layers to the project but everything was completed on time and we couldn't be happier with the end result.

An excellent job done

Wonderful experience of brush concrete installed by Markstone Landscaping! Would highly recommend them if you’re looking for a hard working professional crew to do an excellent job!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Highly responsive to any concerns

Based on my experience I would highly recommend Markstone Landscaping. They listen to your needs, are receptive to your ideas and most importantly are highly responsive to any concerns you might have.

Everything went well

Markstone Landscaping team was wonderful to work with! From my first contact through the design, build and installation everything went as well or better than I could have hoped.

E in Toronto
E in Toronto

A terrible company

Markstone did the interlocking for our backyard (with a deck that need to be removed) and two pathways to the front. The following are some of our experience.
1. The material delivered and placed on our driveway long before any work has begun. According to the agreement, third payment (4 payments in total) was due when the material was delivered. The material sat on the driveway for almost 10 days while my car stuck inside and cannot be used during this time period. Our neighbor asked some other company to do their backyard. The material on the driveway gone in two days time.
2. Markstone always came unannounced. For instance, the demolition team came a day before the scheduled day while we were in the middle of some work outside, and they started their work without letting us finish ours. As another example, the installation team dropped in a day earlier. Thru out the project, we were not told about the schedule ever, except to expect the work to finish in 2 week time. Meaning that they came anytime convenient to them without any advance notice.
3. The demolition crew LITERALLY demolished anything (that is not 4 feet deep) in their path such as cable, telephone and internet. Initially we thought our Bell system failed. But it turned out was the work of the demolition crew. As a result we lost Internet, TV, telephone unnecessarily for two days. Our air conditioning, bricks on backyard wall and water tank heater outlet were damaged. Again, our neighbor never had this problem with their project.
4. The demolition crew viewed our garden as their dumping ground; small rock, empty bottle and whatever they did not need or want, were in our garden or on the grass. A slab of stone threw onto our neighbor lawn. Even after repeated requests from us to remove the slab, we were ignored. A cut dead tree was hidden in our neighbor brushes. We only found that out a week later. What an embarrassment! Again even after repeated requests, holes on the wall never sealed (not until 13 days later), small rats have likely entered our house. They care less even after we told them about our concern.
5. Installation crew, by default, installed regular rectangular shaped interlocking lot. Why, it requires the least effort to install. Other shapes are special order. When one demands for special order (which is almost every client will, I assume), they tried to convince you otherwise by saying cutting stones will make the finished product looks bad. We had to fight to get them correct the WRONG installation. This tells you what kind of company Markstone is.
6. On the first day of installation, a mountain of unmarked sand was left behind by the installation team that resulted in an accident overnight. We were awakened by the police in the middle of the night, so were all our neighbors. We were embarrassed, even it was not our fault, except that we have hired Markstone. Even after we and the police called the company in the middle of the night to come and clean up the scene. Markstone just ignored the request as if nothing has happened.
7. The sales Zak failed to disclose to me that the pattern and look will be different from the rest when we paid more to raise the grading on one of the pathways. If I knew it will be a different look, I definitely won’t pay more to make the finished product looks worse.
8. Daniel, the person in charge of cleanup, told me without any hesitation (or shame for that matter) that the above problems happened all the time, and should be expected when one hires Markstone. I wish I knew all this before I contacted Markstone.
9. With so many problems and after so many complaints within such a short period of time, I was shocked and upset to find out that I was sidelined, ignored or laughed at when I complaint problems to the management. Customer service and professionalism are a foreign idea to the company. Making a quick buck is ALL they care.
10. Markstone claimed they have hundreds of satisfying customers. That might be true. But I am certain that there are hundreds more ANGRY customers who do not even bother to share their bad experience.
11. With the amount of money we paid, we EXPECTED Markstone will give us a HASSEL-FREE and PROFESSIONAL service. Instead, we got exactly the OPPOSITE, plus a lot of stress and insults from the company. By talking to the owner and the management, one can understand why we went thru all this. The behavior of the crews does mirror the owner’s and the management. Once the contract is signed, the company views fulfilling its obligation as if they were doing the client a FAVOR (so don’t complain). Customer service and professionalism are not something they have.

The reason I decide to write this up is not for the company. It is clear one cannot expect to change the company’s DNA. Even I have done my research before the decision was made, clearly either me or the info available is not good enough. I just wish someone had told me, at least some of the above, before I contacted Markstone.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. We are always trying to improve our customer experience and appreciate your feedback
Feel free to call me to discuss further
Kind regards
Mark Zammit 416.806.2714

Valentine in Toronto
Valentine in Toronto

Well Worth Every Dollar!!

The team was very professional; they were onsite everyday on time and were knowledgeable on the products used to complete our stamped concrete! The job was completed with care and precision. Well worth every dollar.I love the way my home looks. Thanks guys!!!

Thank you for the great review!

We appreciate the feedback as we pride ourselves on customer service.

WALDO in Toronto
WALDO in Toronto

Truly Amazing!!

Our experience with Markstone and his team was truly amazing. We decided to contact them for a backyard renovation project, and they came on the same day to take measures and talk about what could be done. On the SAME day he already sent us an itemized quote, along with a few choice of vendor for materials! The job had to be delayed twice because of the pandemic, and he was nothing but understanding and helpful. Once they actually started, it took exactly 15 days to complete. We chose a very heavy stone unknowingly, and they handled it without any issues whatsoever! We've been enjoying our backyard more than we did for the entire last year; we can't recommend him enough (and I'm already doing so for a few friends)!

More about Markstone Landscaping Ltd.

Welcome to Markstone Landscaping Ltd.

Concrete Contractors & Interlocking Contractors
Markstone Landscaping has been working with homeowners and businesses in Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville and Burlington, Ontario for over 10 years. Contact us anytime to get an interlocking or concrete paving quote for any of the areas below.

DRIVEWAYS
Transform your driveway and add curb appeal to your home

POOL DECKS
Finishing touches to make your pool the focal point of your yard

BACKYARD
Turn your backyard into an oasis your family & friends will love

WALKWAYS
Inviting walkways that are safe and durable all year round

FRONT ENTRANCE
Transform your entrance to make a great first impression

LANDSCAPING
A beautifully landscaped property will rise in value and add to your quality of life

Services and Service areas: Markstone Landscaping Services the Mississauga, Brampton and Milton areas. Our services include: Landscaping Contractors, Interlocking Contractors, Concrete, Excavating, Driveways, Pool Backfill, Flagstone, Sodding and much more...For a free estimate call today!!

We're social, check us out here: