JTL and Son

Reviews for JTL and Son

Richard in Pickering
Richard in Pickering

Use Multiple Times For Residential Renovations and Changes

Dollar amount reflects more than one job over multiple years. Jim and Son were so honest first job i did 2 years ago they are always my first call. They have done all my office, kitchen, outside, and conversion to 220 service needs over 20 + years. Quality, tidy work every time.

Saif from Scarborough
Saif from Scarborough

Install two fixtures and run new outdoor cable

I don't recommend using them. The final invoice was 200% more than initial quote. Be sure to get quote in writing before starting work! I made the mistake of taking their word since I had used them in the past. Big mistake!

Francis Chan from Markham
Francis Chan from Markham

Attic fan and ceiling fans

We just experienced the most professional contractors in the JTL and Son team, including Jim the owner, Jason his son and another team member Victor. We are particularly impressed not just with the professionalism, but also the courtesy, consideration and patience installing an attic fan and 2 ceiling fans including installing new wiring in between existing walls going from the basement to the roof. We would highly recommend Jim's service to any body. He is honest, professional and meticulous in his work and he treats the client's home like his own. Wonderful work and many thanks to you Jim and your team.
Francis & Ling Chan

Les Green in York
Les Green in York

knob & tube replacement

JTL replaced the knob & tube wiring in our 1922 home, two storeys + basement.
They made NO visible holes in the walls or ceilings of the 1st and 2nd storeys, but nevertheless fished the new wires around seemingly impossible corners and through ceilings and walls. So we had no repainting or re-wallpapering to do on 1st or 2nd storeys.
Because the basement had been "renovated" by previous owners in an amateur way, wall repairs were necessary here after the K7T installation.
Their estimate was the lowest of three, because the owner (who does the work) made the estimate, not an estimator who doesn't actually do the work.

Toronto-7887
Toronto-7887

Replacement of knob & tube, replacement of telephone and cable wiring

I hired Jim in 1998 after purchasing my home. He rewired the entire house and only made toonie sized holes. He and his crew were great to work with. Project was completed on time and on budget.

In 2005 we did a full gut and reno of our home. We hired Jim replace all the telephone and cable wiring. Again, his workmanship and attention to detail were impeccable.

I've had a lot of bad experiences dealing with contractors, but with Jim, there are no worries. He is simply the best electrician and most ethical business person in town.

I would recommend Jim and JTL & Sons without hesitation.

Glen In Leslieville
Glen In Leslieville

Complete re-wire

We completely gutted our house and needed everything replaced. JTL did the service coming into the house/ the panel, too many pot lights to count and everything between. I was pleased too have a professional quality job done. They stuck to the quote. Handled the permits. Couldn't be happier!