HomeStars  >  Builders in Toronto  >  The Acorn Development Corporation

Reviews for The Acorn Development Corporation

Oak Knoll Phase 3

This is our first time buying a newly built house. We don’t know anything about a house. During the PDI, we are not sure what need to inspect. We, at first, feel kind of disappointed because we expected a higher standard of finishing. It may because we had a very good contractor who did a great job on renovation of the old house. All my friends who had bought new house told us their builder is a lot worse. Honestly, the Acorn after sales service is really good. It did take sometimes. They will do their best to satisfy our needs. We would like to specially thank Leslie Ho, the designer, who is kind and patient and extremely helpful; David, the site staff, is helpful too, even it’s not his job after the closing; Deniz and Marnie, at the after sales, responds quickly and professional. We really appreciate their help.

Imad in Brampton
Imad in Brampton

New House

I came with my family to the pre closing inspection appointment in 2016 with a lot of questions and worries. Acorn representative was able to answer all our questions and made us feel much better, and ever since Acorn provided us with exceptional customer service. They really care and do all they can to satisfy our needs. Many times they go beyond what is expected to resolve any issue we had. We really greatly appreciate their efforts.

Oak Knoll, phase 3

I personally had a good experience in dealing with Acorn staff. All of my concerns were addressed in timely manner. I dealt with Marnie from the office, she was right on the ball and what's important she always had friendly, positive but very professional approach. Also I have met Denis (I believe he is a site manager) very professional, punctual and pleasure to deal with gentleman that took care of our kitchen and hard wood issues.
In addition I have met with Mahmood (one of the managers from head office), he listened to my concerns and provided solution right on the spot with not many questions asked and no games (had a bad experience with other builder it the past)

Over all, great boutique builder.

Linor in Toronto
Linor in Toronto

Oak Knoll Phase 2 and 3

Great builder. We purchased two houses with this builder and have been having a very good experience so far.
Anything that needed to get fixed was fixed and was done quickly and professionally. Was dealing with Marnie many times and she is very helpful and responds to requests very fast.
The quality of materials is also to a high standards. believe me I've been dealing with other builders and not many chose to work with high quality products.dealing with other builders and not many chose to work with high quality products.
Dealt with Mahmud the general manager several times who was professional and helped us if we had any concerns or questions.
Deniz who is working on site is a great and helpful professional who responds quickly when it comes to fixing anything.
Another very helpful individual is Leslie who is working in the design studio and is amazing. she gave us so many design ideas including structural - which I am grateful for as I am not an expert.
I recommend this builder they truly care.

roofing

After the fifth year living in a Acorn home, I am still plague with losing singles on my roof after gusty wind over nights. My roofer told me that when they were doing the roofing, they did not remove the anti-stick strips underneath the singles that was blown off during gusty night. This is the Acorn home quality standard!

1 review Laurel, ON

Opening Day- Yonge & Bloomington

The most unprofessional and rude developer I have seen. The staff have no idea what they're doing, and so many suspicious stuff happening within the organization, including the Yonge-Bloomington project. Stay away from this developer.

X
X
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Oak knoll

The worst ever ,, they are not Professional at all .. from selling to the end . Make sure you are not swear at along the way , my first experience was being disrespected along with others in the line up by some Sales rep named Joe .Stay away

John from Vaughan
John from Vaughan

Castlegate

Poor quality houses, horrible customer service, unbelievable rude representative. We had the worst experience ever before and after moving in. They don't communicate with customers well, they give customers attitude when problems arise, and they tend to avoid their responsibilities at all costs...Word of advice, don't put your life saving in their hands.

Stephen in North york
Stephen in North york
1 review Scarborough, ON

Castlegate Project

Bought detached home from the builder. Went for floor tile selection. Had only 4-5 types of tile with repititive patterns. Very very limited selection. Not much options. Got stuck with what they had to offer. That was the worst day for us. You put all of your lifetime savings in to your house and got stuck with them for the garbage selection. Costly upgrades.

Sharon in Thornhill
Sharon in Thornhill
3 reviews Thornhill, ON

Builder - new home

New build - townhouse - promptly returns all calls - any problem identified was provided immediate attention and issues were resolved immediately. Beautiful finishes - extras included in intial price.