Tmc Restoration

Reviews for Tmc Restoration

KAREN
KAREN

Furniture re-upholstery

We had a three-seater leather couch and a tub chair re-upholstered. The fabrics were great. The work was done in the time frame they said it would be. We are very happy with the service and the outcome. The furniture is very good quality and thus worth the cost to re-upholster.

Thanks for the excellent review Karen. We strive to carry the widest fabric selection in the industry. High quality furniture (like yours) is definitely worth restoring. One visit to a furniture store is usually all it takes to convince someone that older is better!

Rui
Rui

Sette re-upholstering

Work was well done - took awhile but was reasonably close to time estimate - only criticisms are that they are pricey (for quality work, granted) and seem to still apply a door to door salesman approach/markup & seem to have a routine approach of trying to "upsell" (re. stain guard) before delivery (even in my case, when I had already agreed to pay for that at the outset - they did not seem to know that...).

Thanks for the great review Rui! We hope you get many years of use out of your new settee.

k.d.jacobi
k.d.jacobi

recover & rebuild loveseat & 2 chairs

Work was very good and furniture looked great. Teak wood was not damaged which was wonderful. Once at home realized stain in loveseat & called immediately. Resolution has taken longer than I hoped & we are still with a stained sofa. Getting an order was much quicker than resolving a problem & we paid in good faith and so far the same isn't on the issue we have. Brand new material on furniture that hasn't even been sat on has already been rubbed with stain remover many times & now is going to be steam cleaned leaves me most unhappy. Being told the stain remover used removes everything & if it doesn't nothing will & then being told by someone else that steam cleaning will fix it is not what you expect to hear when you spend over $18,000.00. Right now we are most unhappy.

Hello Diane. Now that the piece has been retrieved and re-delivered to you, it has been determined that the item in question was never stained. The fabric you selected features an irregular weave. This means that there are visible variations in texture that manifest as dark spots in certain lighting. Several members of our team closely examined the portion of fabric that you attempted to clean and agreed that steam cleaning was the best and only solution to even out the blotting that occurred in your home. We trust that this issue is resolved and that your are satisfied with the outcome.

nanawendysnelling
nanawendysnelling

Wing back chair reupholstered

I am so disappointed with this company. I was promised the chair for Christmas Day. It was delivered in Jan. They had my chair since Sept 22.
I want my old chair back. It is not comfortable. The seat cushion is so hard no one sits in it. They changed the design of the chair. The chair is a wing back rocker and they added their flare to it. I paid close to $3,000. For a chair I hate. If lean back in the chair you get to look at the ceiling. They did take $100:off Big deal. Now waiting to hear what the solution is going to be . The upholstery is excellent. I put stop payment on my visa.
To add insult to injury the guys who delivered it left the plastic wrapping on my front lawn.
The Owner needs to step up to the plate.

Hello Wendy,

Again, we apologize for failing to meet our original delivery date.

Your chair is back at our facility & we are making a determined effort to address each of your complaints. Be assured that every effort was made to honor your original wishes in connection with this piece. We state in our pocket guide that is left with every customer: “Expect it to feel firm – even hard – compared to the way it used to feel when you sit on it. Regardless of density, the premium foam we use will take approximately 6 months of normal use to soften without losing its shape.” So our anticipation is that if we replace the existing foam with something softer (which is what you are requesting), it will become too soft for your liking in less than 12 months. Decades of experience has also taught us that finished pieces rarely look or feel exactly the way they are expected to upon delivery. The majority of our customers are more than impressed with the transformation.

However, we are committed to making things right. We will contact you once your chair has been modified.

Leslie
Leslie
1 review Hamilton, ON

Refinished table

Worked with me to fit my budget and schedule and the table looks like new...... love it !!!!!

This is exactly what we want to hear Leslie! Thanks for your review. (Short & sweet.)

Glenn G.
Glenn G.
1 review Caledon, ON

Refinishing of family dining room table

The table has been in the family for approximately 80 yrs. When my father passed away I thought I would like to get it refurbished and give it to my sister.
I didn't want it to look new, I wanted it to retain its character the people TMC understood and kept in contact throughout the process which was lenthy due to the scroll work on the skirt and legs.
I'm more than happy with the results and the table which was getting to be a little loose and wobbly is now ready for another 80 yrs.
Thanks for everything

You are SO welcome Glenn. We love receiving feedback like this! Aside from the technical side of what we do, it's the stories behind the furniture we restore that truly makes it all worthwhile. And you're right - the table will last another 80 years because furniture from that era was designed & constructed to last for hundreds of years. You & your family made a very wise investment. Thanks for taking the time to post this review.

Gail
Gail

Magazine/telephone stand

TMC Restorations, brought new life into this sad old piece of furniture. I am so glad we had them refinish it.

Thanks for the excellent review Gail. We're so glad your item went from "sad" to happy! These older pieces are worth re-investing in. You made a good choice.

The D.
The D.

refinishing of wood furniture

TMC refinished my grandmother's 100 year old Singer sewing machine cabinet and my grandfather's 60 year old bookcase. Both pieces turned out beautifully.

Thanks for the excellent review! As these older items become scarce, we are seeing more & more young people invest in keepsakes from their grandparents. It's a great way to preserve memories. Thanks again.

VS in Brampton
VS in Brampton

Terrible service

I had 1 conch re upholstered, they said it would take 8-12 weeks, they took 16. Iasked for the cushions rounded corners, they did them square, I asked for dark brown or black legs and I got beige. When they booked the delivery, they did not show up or call. A week later when they finally delivered it, the middle back cushion was missing! They called me “unreasonable” when I said I would pay the balance once they brought the missing cushion.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts VS. We would be happy to investigate once you provide us with your contact details. Without context it is difficult to confirm that each of these complaints are indeed legitimate.

Mary
Mary
1 review Burlington, ON

Restoring antique furniture

The end product was great but was moved into our new home in early September and expected our furniture to be delivered within two days. They were a month late - still waiting for the ones picked up in early August.

Sorry to hear about your experience Mary. It sounds like there may have been other issues at play in your situation. Regardless, we know you'll be impressed with your upcoming delivery. Thanks for your review!

More about Tmc Restoration

TMC Restoration is a family owned and operated business providing quality furniture and antique repair and restoration services from our original location since 1989. Our president, Bill McBride has been deeply involved in the local furniture restoration industry since the early 1970s and is intimately acquainted with the home furnishing needs of consumers throughout the greater Toronto area and southern Ontario. Despite the expansion of our range of services, our location and our workforce – every valued team member at TMC Restoration appreciates the importance of extending personalized customer care.

At TMC Restoration we pride ourselves on the quality of both our restoration service and the level of customer care we provide. The consumer feedback we receive consistently confirms our dedication to customer satisfaction and accommodation.

We extend our complete range of services to both residential and corporate clientele, and our work adorns thousands of additional local private residences and commercial spaces every year. Our work is fully guaranteed and our complimentary, on-site free estimation service means you never have to leave your dwelling or office to receive a free, detailed estimate.

TMC Restoration is the largest furniture and antique restoration company in Ontario. Decades of experience have informed our approach to everything we do and our longevity and ongoing commitment to service excellence has produced substantial repeat and referral business. Our reputation is built on the promise of complete customer satisfaction. From the initial estimate to the final delivery of your restored furniture – we are confident you will be impressed and refreshed by your experience with TMC Restoration.

TMC Restoration is the right choice!