The Trusted Handyman

Bathroom Renovation
320 Main Street Brampton ON L6V 4A3
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Br Ampton  >  The Trusted Handyman  >  Bathroom Renovation Disaster
Toby from Brampton
Toby from Brampton

Bathroom Renovation Disaster

This contractor was hired to renovate two bathrooms in my home. He is personable and talks a good game. He unfortunately created a disaster. He renovated my bathroom and built a new shower which within a few months was full of mold, wood rot and water seeping under floor tiles. This shower had to be torn out and reconstructed. The second bathroom leaked into my powder room below, had cracks in the grout, an improperly installed tub, a vanity falling off the wall, cracks where he mudded and painted and this shower and tiles needed to be ripped out as well and reconstructed. It left me with lots of $$$$ in work I had to pay another contractor to fix everything. He admitted fault to poor workmanship and offered a settlement which was an unreasonable amount. If you know that your workmanship led to this then you act accordingly. I have extensive photos, emails and text messages to substantiate everything. I have included just a few photos below. Do not make the same mistake I did. The portfolio can look beautiful but the contractor needs to have the skills to actually do the renovation. I trusted an old friend with a referral and it was not the right thing to do. Do your research and ask for multiple referrals.