Old West Windows & Door ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
#8, 2316 - 27 Ave N.E Calgary AB T2E 7A7
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Calgary  >  Old West Windows & Door ltd.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Old West Windows & Door ltd.

Pierre in Calgary

I waited to write this review to see how the windows & workmanship would be after 1 year of use. The windows are triple low E glazing and frames are fibreglass. Well on a rating of 10, I give 10 for the installation, followup and the product. I would recommend these people to anyone who wants good service who back their products.

Hi Pierre,
This great to hear back from our customers 1 year after installation. Triple glazing does work great for keeping out the summer heat & winter cold. I am glad you are enjoying your new windows. They will save you energy year after year. Thank you for your review.
Rick & Cory

Andrew in Calgary

After a competitive evaluation of three potential suppliers we chose Old West Windows and Doors to replace 11 windows in our home.
We were very impressed with Rick's knowledge and experience as well as the excellent reviews of his company.
Kyle and his crew of installers did a first class professional and timely job taking care to minimize any disruptions as well as finishing up with an excellent clean up.
We are very satisfied with the installation ,and are happy to fully recommend Old West as a result of our experience.
Andrew Dudzinski

Job Price

Hi Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dealings with Old West. We do feel that our installation crews are the best in the city.It shows with the quality of workmanship they do. With the two manufacturer's we carry, we have something for every type of home & budget. Rick & Cory

Scott MacIver in Calgary

Had our windows replaced December 2016 by old west windows and doors. They did a great job installing our new windows and a new patio door. Very professional and quality work. The problem we are having is our patio door was built incorrectly by the manufacturer so the patio door doesn't close properly creating a space for air to get in. Old west put up some temporary insulation to help and told us it would be a couple weeks to fix. It is now August and we still do not have a functioning patio door. Numerous phone calls and emails haven't done anything. They are having problems with their manufacturers which would be frustrating for them. But we receive no updates or a timeline unless we call numerous times. I'm not a person who gives out bad reviews especially because they do do good work. But the customer service after installation has been very frustrating.

Hi Scott,
We did have trouble with one of our suppliers. They were giving us dates that came & went. We were in contact with them weekly to fix the problem. You are right, we should have done a better job of contacting you back. We now have new people in place to contact our customers on a weekly basis, even if we do not have any new information.
Our manufacturers are starting to get back on track. They told us that we will not have any further problems with service parts. We thank our customers for their reviews. This makes sure we do our best for all of our customers.

jkawchuk in Calgary

Great service, great price, professional and knowledgeable installers. Installers worked on an extremely cold January day and took the time to explain how windows work and asked if we had any questions before they left for the day. Will recommend to others and use them again without hesitation for our future window needs.

Job Price

Hi J Kawchuk, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. Our installation crews were hand picked by Cory & myself years ago. We know a lot of people in the industry, so we find the best, and it shows. Rick & Cory

Jason in Calgary

Our wood trim windows were in bad shape, fogging up, ice buildup in winter, near impossible to maintain the paint, weather-stripping hanging off.

We replaced all the windows and a door with double glaze low-E vinyl windows (Westeck) with exterior trim coloured. Several windows were very large, custom arch and some high/very difficult to reach.

Old West did impeccable workmanship (10 out of 10) on the exterior and interior trim, stucco and drywall were not damaged. It looked like nothing had been constructed, except for nice shiny new windows! Job site was kept 100% clean, the workers were very knowledgeable, professional and courteous.

We had a -26C cold snap after the new windows were installed, the windows were warm to the touch inside and no ice buildup.

Our only complaint during the project, there were significant delays in getting product manufactured and project started (extra 2 months), lack of updates from the office and a number of extra visits required to complete the job.

We pointed these concerns out to Old West and are ultimately satisfied the issues were understood, the resulting job/workmanship was excellent and we have no reservations in recommending them to anyone else.

Job Price

Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback on Old West. As you know, the extra time it took for your windows , was because of the colored exteriors.The manufacturer had an equipment issue at that time. It took them few weeks to repair. WE did update when we had new information. We will make sure we update our customers more often. Thank you for your input on this matter. I am glad your are impressed with the quality & performance of your new windows from Westeck. Rick & Cory

Karen

We have been completely satisfied in dealing with Old West to replace our windows and have had previous windows replaced with them as well. Always efficient and dependable! We love our new windows!!

Job Price

Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your dealings with Old West.
We value your business for the last few years.

YYCSteve in NW Calgary

Service and Quality are what Old West Windows and Doors provided for the installation of 10 windows on our main floor.
Step 1: The Quote. Rick came out, listened to our requirements, discussed what our options were, then provided a details and accurate quote. Rick was friendly, knowledgeable and easy to communicate with.
Step 2: Ordering the windows and booking the installation dates was done smoothly and professionally through Shauna in the office
Step 3: Installation was done by a professional crew of 3 skilled hardworking guys who clearly took GREAT pride in there work. The work site was kept clean and tidy while they were onsite and spotless when they left. Most importantly the quality of the final installed product was perfect.
Step 4: Dealing with problems is to me the true measure of a company - as something unexpected always comes up. This project was no different, when it occurred the onsite crew were great to deal with and made adjustments as needed until the results was perfect. Lastly when a window was delivered broken a replacement was immediately ordered by the office and delivered and installed at lightening speed.
Now the cold weather has arrived I cannot believe what a difference these new windows make. I found this companies name on Home Stars and they truly deserve the high star rating they presently have.

Job Price

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. We will go the extra mile to make sure our customers get the best products & service in Calgary. Our team has many years of knowledge & expertise in the window & door industry. I believe that shows right from the start to the final result. Rick & Cory

nancy from Calgary

I couldn't be happier with Old West from start to finish. I had three estimates and Old West was very competitive. What impressed me the most and made me choose Old West was the professionalism and customer service from the first time I called to request an estimate. I'm so glad I chose Old West because of their professionalism and quality of work and communication with me from A to Z.
I have a house that's 40+ years old and have done a lot of renovation and had a lot of trades do projects. Here is why Old West was great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone:
Rick the owner came right on time to do the estimate and answered all my questions and made great suggestions, while listening to what I wanted
- The professional and timely communication from the office staff about payment, scheduling of work, satisfaction with complete job, ease of payment, and professionalism with final paperwork
- Excellent installation crew, led by "Jeremy" - they protected my furniture and floors with drop sheets, worked efficiently and neatly, did excellent clean up, and showed me what they were doing, and walked me through when all was done, even showing me a tiny nick in the vinyl which was repaired a couple of days later
- the professionalism of the repair man who came to fill the tiny chip - he called to schedule an appointment, arrived right on time, and worked efficiently and neatly
- follow up from the office to ensure I was completely satisfied before a bill was sent for final payment, and then a few weeks later a hard copy was mailed to me
All in all I cannot emphasize how happy I am with the finished product, the value for the amount paid, the quality of the work and the customer service from start to finish. I chose this company because of how prepared, knowledgeable and professional Rick was from the moment he arrived to do the estimate, and I know I chose wisely. Windows are a huge investment and you get what you pay for. I had confidence in Old West from the first conversation I had with them and I am so glad I chose them, as they really know what they are doing, and take pride in doing the job right. I will be replacing all the windows on the other side of my house next spring, and I won't even bother to get an estimate from any other company, as I couldn't ask anything more for quality, price, workmanship, and a completely professional experience.

Hi Nancy,
You just explained what we do ! This is what Old West strives for on every job. We want to be the "Best Window Company" in Calgary.Thank you for your comments on Old West. Rick & Cory

KvL in Calgary

We replaced 5 old windows in our century home with white vinyl casements. Rick was very patient with us as we shopped around and tried to make a decision and always responded to emails quickly. He was also able to speed up the installation with an earlier than planned date and Jeremy and his great team of quiet and tidy installers completed the job in a single day. Would definitely recommend!

Job Price

Hi KvL, Thank you for your comments on Old West. I am glad we were able to fast track the window installation for you. Jeremy & the gang know what to do when working on a century old home.
Rick & Cory

larrydanderson

We were very pleased with Old West Windows & Door Ltd. right from the start to finish. The showroom has a terrific display of windows to choose from and you could test the operation of each of the styles. The staff in the office were exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly. When Rick came to give us the estimate on our home he was amazing to deal with and was able to give us great advice about which style of windows would work best in each room. His knowledge of the business was outstanding and he was able to guide us in our choices yet still leaving the final decision to us. When Jeremy and his crew arrived to do the work they were right on time and set to work immediately. We have never seen a more professional and focussed team. When they did encounter the unexpected, they immediately had a solution and explained everything they were doing and why. When the job was done they cleaned up all the debris and left the area spotless.We can honestly say that our experience with Old West was the most amazing and satisfying contract work we have ever had done. We would recommend Old West to anyone who is contemplating replacing windows in their home.

Hi Larry,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. We do have a great showroom for viewing the window & door products. When we have our first visit, we will sit down with our customers to go over every style of window or door product that will fit their homes. Jeremy & the gang are always great on installations. They go the extra mile to make sure everything is install perfectly Rick & Cory.

More about Old West Windows & Door ltd.

WHY OLD WEST WINDOWS & DOORS ?
When looking to replace your windows and doors, you deserve a company with expereience and dedication to provide you with superior product. At Old West Windows & Doors, we take the time to understand what your needs are and help guide you to make a decision that's right for you. With our customer focussed team, you will work with individuals who have experience, knowledge, and a passion for windows and doors.

THE OLD WEST FAMILY
Old West Windows & Doors prides itself on being a family owned and run business. With over 37 years in the window & door industry, our family has worked in all areas from building & manufacturing the windows and doors, to sales and installation. With this family-combined industry knowledge and experience, the Old West family has been serving Calgary for over 3 decades with quality, unsurpassed craftsmanship, and unparalled customer service. We stake our reputation on our commitment to your satisfaction.

OUR MISSION
At Old West Windows & Doors, we are on a mission:

"To provide high quality and energy efficient products, increasing the appearance and value or your home."

Our professional sales representatives and installers work to ensure that your home's unique needs are met.