Old West Windows & Door ltd.

#8, 2316 - 27 Ave N.E Calgary AB T2E 7A7
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Calgary  >  Old West Windows & Door ltd.

Reviews for Old West Windows & Door ltd.

jkawchuk in Calgary

Great service, great price, professional and knowledgeable installers. Installers worked on an extremely cold January day and took the time to explain how windows work and asked if we had any questions before they left for the day. Will recommend to others and use them again without hesitation for our future window needs.

Hi J Kawchuk, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. Our installation crews were hand picked by Cory & myself years ago. We know a lot of people in the industry, so we find the best, and it shows. Rick & Cory

Jason in Calgary

Our wood trim windows were in bad shape, fogging up, ice buildup in winter, near impossible to maintain the paint, weather-stripping hanging off.

We replaced all the windows and a door with double glaze low-E vinyl windows (Westeck) with exterior trim coloured. Several windows were very large, custom arch and some high/very difficult to reach.

Old West did impeccable workmanship (10 out of 10) on the exterior and interior trim, stucco and drywall were not damaged. It looked like nothing had been constructed, except for nice shiny new windows! Job site was kept 100% clean, the workers were very knowledgeable, professional and courteous.

We had a -26C cold snap after the new windows were installed, the windows were warm to the touch inside and no ice buildup.

Our only complaint during the project, there were significant delays in getting product manufactured and project started (extra 2 months), lack of updates from the office and a number of extra visits required to complete the job.

We pointed these concerns out to Old West and are ultimately satisfied the issues were understood, the resulting job/workmanship was excellent and we have no reservations in recommending them to anyone else.

Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback on Old West. As you know, the extra time it took for your windows , was because of the colored exteriors.The manufacturer had an equipment issue at that time. It took them few weeks to repair. WE did update when we had new information. We will make sure we update our customers more often. Thank you for your input on this matter. I am glad your are impressed with the quality & performance of your new windows from Westeck. Rick & Cory

Karen

We have been completely satisfied in dealing with Old West to replace our windows and have had previous windows replaced with them as well. Always efficient and dependable! We love our new windows!!

Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your dealings with Old West.
We value your business for the last few years.

YYCSteve in NW Calgary

Service and Quality are what Old West Windows and Doors provided for the installation of 10 windows on our main floor.
Step 1: The Quote. Rick came out, listened to our requirements, discussed what our options were, then provided a details and accurate quote. Rick was friendly, knowledgeable and easy to communicate with.
Step 2: Ordering the windows and booking the installation dates was done smoothly and professionally through Shauna in the office
Step 3: Installation was done by a professional crew of 3 skilled hardworking guys who clearly took GREAT pride in there work. The work site was kept clean and tidy while they were onsite and spotless when they left. Most importantly the quality of the final installed product was perfect.
Step 4: Dealing with problems is to me the true measure of a company - as something unexpected always comes up. This project was no different, when it occurred the onsite crew were great to deal with and made adjustments as needed until the results was perfect. Lastly when a window was delivered broken a replacement was immediately ordered by the office and delivered and installed at lightening speed.
Now the cold weather has arrived I cannot believe what a difference these new windows make. I found this companies name on Home Stars and they truly deserve the high star rating they presently have.

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. We will go the extra mile to make sure our customers get the best products & service in Calgary. Our team has many years of knowledge & expertise in the window & door industry. I believe that shows right from the start to the final result. Rick & Cory

nancy from Calgary

I couldn't be happier with Old West from start to finish. I had three estimates and Old West was very competitive. What impressed me the most and made me choose Old West was the professionalism and customer service from the first time I called to request an estimate. I'm so glad I chose Old West because of their professionalism and quality of work and communication with me from A to Z.
I have a house that's 40+ years old and have done a lot of renovation and had a lot of trades do projects. Here is why Old West was great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone:
Rick the owner came right on time to do the estimate and answered all my questions and made great suggestions, while listening to what I wanted
- The professional and timely communication from the office staff about payment, scheduling of work, satisfaction with complete job, ease of payment, and professionalism with final paperwork
- Excellent installation crew, led by "Jeremy" - they protected my furniture and floors with drop sheets, worked efficiently and neatly, did excellent clean up, and showed me what they were doing, and walked me through when all was done, even showing me a tiny nick in the vinyl which was repaired a couple of days later
- the professionalism of the repair man who came to fill the tiny chip - he called to schedule an appointment, arrived right on time, and worked efficiently and neatly
- follow up from the office to ensure I was completely satisfied before a bill was sent for final payment, and then a few weeks later a hard copy was mailed to me
All in all I cannot emphasize how happy I am with the finished product, the value for the amount paid, the quality of the work and the customer service from start to finish. I chose this company because of how prepared, knowledgeable and professional Rick was from the moment he arrived to do the estimate, and I know I chose wisely. Windows are a huge investment and you get what you pay for. I had confidence in Old West from the first conversation I had with them and I am so glad I chose them, as they really know what they are doing, and take pride in doing the job right. I will be replacing all the windows on the other side of my house next spring, and I won't even bother to get an estimate from any other company, as I couldn't ask anything more for quality, price, workmanship, and a completely professional experience.

Hi Nancy,
You just explained what we do ! This is what Old West strives for on every job. We want to be the "Best Window Company" in Calgary.Thank you for your comments on Old West. Rick & Cory

KvL in Calgary

We replaced 5 old windows in our century home with white vinyl casements. Rick was very patient with us as we shopped around and tried to make a decision and always responded to emails quickly. He was also able to speed up the installation with an earlier than planned date and Jeremy and his great team of quiet and tidy installers completed the job in a single day. Would definitely recommend!

Hi KvL, Thank you for your comments on Old West. I am glad we were able to fast track the window installation for you. Jeremy & the gang know what to do when working on a century old home.
Rick & Cory

larrydanderson

We were very pleased with Old West Windows & Door Ltd. right from the start to finish. The showroom has a terrific display of windows to choose from and you could test the operation of each of the styles. The staff in the office were exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly. When Rick came to give us the estimate on our home he was amazing to deal with and was able to give us great advice about which style of windows would work best in each room. His knowledge of the business was outstanding and he was able to guide us in our choices yet still leaving the final decision to us. When Jeremy and his crew arrived to do the work they were right on time and set to work immediately. We have never seen a more professional and focussed team. When they did encounter the unexpected, they immediately had a solution and explained everything they were doing and why. When the job was done they cleaned up all the debris and left the area spotless.We can honestly say that our experience with Old West was the most amazing and satisfying contract work we have ever had done. We would recommend Old West to anyone who is contemplating replacing windows in their home.

Hi Larry,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. We do have a great showroom for viewing the window & door products. When we have our first visit, we will sit down with our customers to go over every style of window or door product that will fit their homes. Jeremy & the gang are always great on installations. They go the extra mile to make sure everything is install perfectly Rick & Cory.

D Denoon

Very pleased with the entire process!
As indicated in previous reviews, Rick is extremely professional and knowledgeable. He works with you to find the best window options that will meet your needs without any sales pressure - incredible that the company owner has such a "hands-on" approach with customers.
The crew who completed the window installation were awesome. (Thanks Kyle!) They were punctual, polite, well organized and experienced. Compliments on the clean-up after the job was completed - the only thing left behind were the beautiful new windows.

Hi D Denoon,
I thank you for your comments about myself and Kyle. I always give our customers as much information as possible, to make an informed decision.
Kyle is one of our installation crew. Time and time again he goes the extra mile to make sure the windows or doors are install perfectly. Rick & Cory

Julia Ermisch in Calgary

We had all of our basement windows replaced, including enlarging the one at the front of our house. I was happy with the quote, but the deciding factor was definitely the reputation of Old West and Rick's initial walkthrough to find out what exactly we needed - no up-selling and he suggested options that made sense to us. Old West also organized the concrete cutting which was done well. The concrete cutter and the installers were all very professional and walked me through the process so I knew what to expect. We are going to do the rest of our windows next year and I will definitely be using Old West again.

Hi Julia, Thank you for your comments on Old West. We have a variety of window products for the home. Your new windows look great! We will be ready when you call us for your next project. Rick & Cory

Warren from Calgary

Replaced our old front entry door and rear garden door. The sales staff were very polite and friendly and the quote was very competitive. The installers came as scheduled and in fact were a bit early. Work was done in a timely manner and they were very professional and courteous. They kept the entire work area safe and clean as the work was done and once complete the areas were completely cleaned inside and out. It was a very good experience from start to finish and I would highly recommend their services.

Hi Warren,
Thank you for your review on Old West. Our installation teams are the best. Time & time again, they prove that to our customers. Rick & Cory

More about Old West Windows & Door ltd.

WHY OLD WEST WINDOWS & DOORS ?
When looking to replace your windows and doors, you deserve a company with expereience and dedication to provide you with superior product. At Old West Windows & Doors, we take the time to understand what your needs are and help guide you to make a decision that's right for you. With our customer focussed team, you will work with individuals who have experience, knowledge, and a passion for windows and doors.

THE OLD WEST FAMILY
Old West Windows & Doors prides itself on being a family owned and run business. With over 37 years in the window & door industry, our family has worked in all areas from building & manufacturing the windows and doors, to sales and installation. With this family-combined industry knowledge and experience, the Old West family has been serving Calgary for over 3 decades with quality, unsurpassed craftsmanship, and unparalled customer service. We stake our reputation on our commitment to your satisfaction.

OUR MISSION
At Old West Windows & Doors, we are on a mission:

"To provide high quality and energy efficient products, increasing the appearance and value or your home."

Our professional sales representatives and installers work to ensure that your home's unique needs are met.