Ecoline Windows

Best of 2020 winner 5 timesBest of 2020winner 5 times

Reviews for Ecoline Windows

Private User reviews Grenfell, SK

Windows and Doors - full replacement

In mid-2018 I requested a quote from EcoLine as I had seen one of their "we worked on this house" signs down the street from me. Their project manager, Oleg called, booked a time with me to come and give a quotation. He arrived on time, as promised and was VERY prepared to give a full presentation, complete with a sample window and every brochure available. When I booked the job which included all upstairs and downstairs windows, as well as front and back doors the job was well organized, everything exactly as ordered and in 48 hours done. Although there was a bit of language barrier with the installers, they were polite, professional and intent on their work. There were a couple of missed seals on the doors, and as soon as I contacted Oleg with these deficiencies the EcoLine team booked a time to come out and correct the seals (at no cost) and were even kind enough to have their team fix the weather strip that my rotten cat had destroyed on my new back door (this one cost me...). All in all - a most pleasant experience and a happy homeowner
Grenfell, SK

Hello there, thank you for your positive review. We value the trust placed in our company. Please keep in mind, we also offer a referral incentive in the event you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbors.

Andrii in Saint Albert
Andrii in Saint Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

Not pleasant experience

The windows are OK, but the service could have been better. It was below my expectations. There were some issues in communication with representatives. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Hello Andrii, thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We will speak with all our employees about importance of proper communication.

ECO LINE WINDOWS
ECO LINE WINDOWS
1 review St. Albert, AB

Very Happy with my windows

I had 3 windows replaced, the large living room bay window, a bathroom window and a garage window. The windows look great and the Installer, Yuri, and the crew did a super job. They were very professional and considerate. Yulia gave us a competitive quote highlighting all the advantages of the Eco Line Windows and kept us up to date on the status of the window production and replacement. I would highly recommend this company for any of your window replacement needs.
Don and Rose - St. Albert

Hello Don and Rose, thank you for your positive review. We value the trust placed in our company. Please keep in mind, we also offer a referral incentive in the event you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbors.

Andrea Purves in Saskatoon
Andrea Purves in Saskatoon
0 reviews Saskatoon, SK

We had 19 windows installed and were very happy with them

We were very happy with Alex, our sales person. He was very knowledgeable about the product and had samples to show us. He answered all of our questions before we signed the contract. The installation went fairly smoothly; all of our issues were taken care of immediately. We had one window that was broken when it arrived and one that had the wrong frosting on it and they ordered new glass for both and were installed about a month later with no problems. We have had one Saskatoon winter since the install and had no issues with the windows.

Hello Andrea, first of all we want to apologize for the inconveniences we might caused you, We really appreciate your business and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions in the future, our Customer Care department is always here to help. Keep in mind, we do also offer a referral incentive if you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbours. Thank you.

Donna in Calgary
Donna in Calgary

Great team. We love our new windows.

Our windows were installed in February so we had some experience with them during cold temperatures and they performed great. Work done professionally. We definitely recommend Ecoline for windows installations.

Hello Donna, thank you very much for your business and of course for your positive online feedback about our company. Please keep in mind, we do also offer a referral incentive if you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbours.

C in Regina
C in Regina
0 reviews Regina, SK

Non-code windows, just garbage.

Original review below the next paragraph...

Ecoline tried to reinstall our windows and completely botched the install job. Not only that, but they have managed to make our house colder in the winter, and hotter in the summer. Their windows are also not certified to Canadian Window and Door manufacturing code. They have botched three installs with two sets of windows. ZERO STARS!

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original post:

DO NOT USE ECOLINE WINDOWS! They are inexperienced and have vastly inferior products. We have started the process to sue this company as we had problems from day one of installation and they have been avoiding us ever since New parts have been "on order" for 9 months. This company also does not have an actual office in Regina as they're a total nightmare. We will be suing them for complete reimbursement as well as more for damage to our house Zero stars. Avoid at all costs. We have also filed a full complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which they have avoided as well. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

~This is not an answer to Mr. C, but to our potential customer, because Mr. C. just doesn't want to get it.

~This is the first claim from an email which was sent to us by Mr. C to our service email:
"In the two pictures from April 14/2020, I have one picture of an indoor thermometer in my living room where my bay window was installed. The temperature of the house is set to 21 degrees, yet the living room is at 26.4 degrees. Also of
note, is that the outdoor temperature is also shown on that thermometer, and it is only 2.7 degrees outside; not even
remotely warm outside. The second picture is from my hallway thermostat. You can see that the temperature is set at 21
degrees, but it is 24 in my house. This is not acceptable. At 2.7 degrees outside, my house cannot warm up by 3-5
degrees inside with windows that are brand new. My original windows from the 1980’s didn’t do this, so windows from
2019 definitely shouldn’t."

What Mr. C is basically sayings is that the temperature is outside 2.7 degree celsius, and the thermostat is set to 21 degrees celsius, but the actual temperature inside the house is 26.4 degrees celsius and 24 degrees celsius. This is exactly how an energy efficient window should perform. When it is cold outside, for example 2 degree celsius, then inside is warm 25 degrees celsius. Even if Mr. C's thermostat is set to 21 degrees celsius it demonstrates that these windows are draft free and energy efficient.

~This is the second claim from an email which was sent to us by Mr. C to our service email:

"Our windows and doors are not manufactured up to Canadian Code."
Mr. C was presented with a letter from a fenestration engineer and production line engineer that REFUTES his claim that the windows are not up to canadian code. WE CAN PRESENT THESE LETTERS IF NEEDED.
We have pictures that were taken after the window installation and are happy to show that the jobs was done in an excellent manner.

mcgowantf in Prince George
mcgowantf in Prince George

Great Installation on time

Great installation on time and took 1 day to install 19 windows. Installers were courteous and cleaned up behind themselves . All repairs done the next day to my satisfaction

Hello there, we are happy your window replacement project went to your satisfaction. Please keep in mind also, we offer a referral incentive if you choose to recommend us to any friends or neighbors. Thank you.

Tam in Red Deer
Tam in Red Deer
0 reviews North Vancouver, BC

13 Windows and doors

Ecoline windows and doors sold us and installed 13 new windows and 2 doors. The whole process went very smoothly and the customer service was outstanding. Our sales representative, Dmitry, came to our house, walked us through the product line, explained everything and was very thorough. We thought about it for a while and had several more phone conversations with Dmitry and he was very helpful and he had a lot of patience with us. He came back out to our house and we closed the deal. The installers did an excellent job also. They got the whole job done in one day. They also cleaned up and left no mess. It was a great project. I highly recommend Ecoline. Great customer service, value, and dedication.

Hello Tam, thank you very much for your business and your positive feedback online. It is always a pleasure to read good things about our staff. Please keep in mind, we also offer a referral incentive in the event you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbours. Stay safe and healthy.

Heather in Red Deer
Heather in Red Deer
1 review Red Deer, AB

Big window

Ecoline Windows was great from the start. They responded to my initial inquiry quickly, easily scheduled a visit for an estimate, allowed me to arrange to come view the window options in person in their show room. The technical expertise, quality of work and level of care from each member of the Ecoline team is a true testament to their leadership and focus on quality. They worked very neatly and were very considerate of my space and my personal belongings. I highly recommend.

Hello Heather, we just want to tell you that we really appreciate your business. Your feedback means a lot to us as we are passionate about providing the best service possible. We are very happy that you've found our work to be satisfactory. Please keep in mind, we do also offer a referral incentive if you decide to recommend us to friends or neighbours.

GaryY in Winnipeg
GaryY in Winnipeg
0 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Replacement Living Room Window Debacal

My experience with Eco-Line was poor from day 1. The salesperson had no interest in providing me with information about what options I wanted. Instead when I told him what I needed he just said "yea yea I have done this and know what you need." He was only interested in getting me to sign the contract. It took almost 3 months to get the window in Winnipeg and installed. During this time there were no updates from the company. Once it was to be installed the crew that showed up to do the installation was less than competent. This was a large picture window that must have weighed 600 lbs + and 4 guys were carrying it out of the trailer. They dropped it, of course not once but 2 times. They broke one of the panes in the window and damaged my stucco on the front of my home. When they finally did get the frame and window panes in, I asked what was next and how the window would get repaired. The crew did not communicate in English very well so the installer said in broken English “call the office”. I asked them how payment would be handled, “Do I make it through the office or will they bill me?” Again all he said was “call the office”. So within 30 minutes of this crew leaving I called the Eco-line Winnipeg office. The gentleman who I spoke with on the phone asked me if pictures had been taken and if I had paid. I told him I did not think any picture were taken and that I was told to call the office. At this time I was told he would send a lead installer back to take the pictures. When the lead installer arrived he came across my neighbour’s yard yelling at me, asking “Why you don't pay? Why you don't pay?” I felt intimidated and a little afraid what would happen so ended up paying in full right there. Another 2 months passed with no sign of a new window pane and if I had not kept calling I don't think it would have been a priority. Finally it arrived and the broken window was removed, wouldn't you know these incompetent installers measured the window wrong and this new window was too small. I don't know why the manufacturer didn't still have the original measurements from when they built the whole window. This time the small window had to stay in and they filled the ends up with spray foam as a temporary seal from the weather. This window was ordered in April and we are now in September. Another fellow was sent out again with some cardboard to make a template of the opening. When the correct window did finally arrive it was cold and snowing. I had already installed custom blinds which the installer kept grabbing a hold of and they are now loose and hang crooked. I have pictures and video of all the things that happened on these installs. In total I had to take 5 days off of work to wait for the crews to arrive and then do the work. I went for almost 6 months with no blinds or window coverings. I was intimidated and insulted by the installers. I will give credit to Yanina, who did what she could to get results and gave me information when I called her. I felt that there should be some level of compensation for all of the mistakes and poor service. The first time I spoke to Anastasia she said “$550 was asked for”. I had not ever asked for an amount just compensation. I countered and said I should be compensated better. I paid over $5500 for this window and I would expect better in return. She took my counter request and said she would call me back. When she called she said I was “looking to get $1500”, which again I never said a number but felt this would be fair compensation. She said all she could get approval for was $150 which I would receive if I removed a negative review I had given Eco-Line. They placed a condition for me to remove the review and not make a BBB complaint as a condition to receive $150. I refused the amount and asked Anastasia to try again that this was insulting. Well as you can see I am writing this review to warn everyone that this is not a professional nor competent company. Please do yourselves a favour if looking for new or replacement windows and go somewhere else.

Hello Gary, thank you very much for your honest opinion about our company. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced. On a positive note, the project is now completed and your 25 years warranty is activated. Enjoy your newly installed Ecoline Windows and please remember that we are just a phone call away if you need us.

More about Ecoline Windows

We specialize in replacement windows, doors and patio doors for the residential market and work directly with homeowners.
We take care of supplying and installing the windows.
We specialize in both full-frame and retrofit replacement.
We specialize in energy efficient vinyl windows, steel and fiberglass doors and patio doors.
We don’t offer aluminum, wood, or fiberglass windows.
We offer all common styles of windows.
Our window options include casement, awning, slider, hung, bay, bow, shape and combination windows.
We offer triple-pane windows on all our models including a slider and hung windows.
We design and assemble our windows in Canada, specifically for the prairie climate.
We offer financing options.
In Manitoba, we work with Manitoba Hydro and home improvement financing companies. In Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, and Saskatoon we work with home improvement financing companies.
We have our own dedicated installers.
We dispose of your old windows.
We offer warranty on our product and labor.
We have qualified technicians to service our windows.