Pools For Home

Reviews for Pools For Home

Patricia E.
Patricia E.

Inground Pool and Backyard Renovation

I have been working with Marc and Pools for Home for the past 14 years. In 2005, we installed an inground pool, which is still in fantastic condition today. In 2017, we revamped our backyard, complete with flagstone throughout, gas firepit, bbq center and outdoor cabana seating area. I can honestly say that Marc and his team were a pleasure to work with. Both projects were fairly large in scope and were completed on time. Quality of workmanship from his staff is very good however, Marc brings that extra attention to detail to ensure an excellent finished product. Marc is very responsive to his clients. He takes the time to answer countless questions and assist with information in order to make the right decision He is very approachable and has a hands on work ethic to ensure the job is being completed as promised. I continue to work with Marc for my pool openings/closings and overall maintenance. He is honest and dependable, so there is no reason to go anywhere else for this service. Thank you for truly caring about your clients!

Thanks again for allowing us to update the yard. Its great to see how the yard gets used more and more after 15 years. Barbq and firepit season is almost here!!!!!

Lara.Root
Lara.Root

Pool, hot tub, deck, outdoor kitchen, patio, fire pit, fireplace, gazebo and full landscaping.

Marc and his team do a great job - they’ve done 2 backyards for us, including all the above elements. They are on time and on budget. They are friendly, professional, creative, hard working and execute on the design flawlessly. They met and exceeded all expectations. Highly recommend them and would use them again!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work for you again. I'm ready and willing to build backyard number 3 when the time comes!!!

SebastianS
SebastianS
1 review Milton, ON

Backyard Pool and Landscaping

Great company to work with. From the initial design to the finish project. This company was punctual every day of the project, they were accommodating when you wanted to add to the design but still tried to keep us in budget in doing so. Crew left the backyard tidy after every work day and the quality of work noted on the final touches. Marc and his crew really made our backyard oasis come true. I would highly recommend Pools for Home Design.

It was a lot of fun creating and building your backyard. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Tracy Vincze from Oakville
Tracy Vincze from Oakville

Pool, deck and fire pit

The late Spring of 2014, we completed our backyard project after 3 years of patiently waiting to find just the right pool company to work with. Marc at Pools For Home was the 6th pool contractor we met with, and from the moment we shook hands and first met, to the time our project was completed, we can honestly say it was nothing but positive, and the final result far exceeded our expectations. Marc was on site every day, and laid out a detailed plan for pricing and a project work-back schedule. Both were spot on, and the only changes to both were the result of my husband and I adding work to the initial scope. Marc and his team were extremely professional, polite and meticulous, and the quality of their work exceptional. Our entire project (walk-out deck rebuild, extensive patio and custom pool and firepit build), was completed in just over 5 weeks. Not only our next door neighbors, but neighbors several houses down on all sides commented on how, quick, tidy and courteous Marc and his team were. In fact, they were so impressed that 3 friends have since used Marc to complete their back yard projects. If we had the chance to do it all over again, we can honestly say we would not change one single thing. The only thing we are waiting for now is the cold weather to leave us so that we can open the pool and start enjoying it again!

Angela in Oakville
Angela in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

New Pool Installation, Flagstone waterfall, Flagstone Border, Patio

We received a quote and plans for a pool about 2007 from a big commercial pool company in Oakville. We did not like the position of the pool in the backyard, the steps coming out of the house or the location of the pool equipment. We decided against putting in the pool and installed a decorative concrete patio instead. We figured our backyard was just not meant to have a pool.

Fast forward to August 2010, while driving in the neighborhood I spotted the Pools for Home trucks putting in a pool on a corner lot house just like ours. Out of curiosity, I stopped in to see the construction. The pool looked amazing. I loved the in-ground steps, flagstone border and patio stones. I wondered why the “other” company never told us about applying to the town for a variance, so that we could position the pool 5 feet from the property line instead of the required 12 feet (since we live on the corner lot).

It had to be about 40 degrees that day, the crew was working hard. Marc stopped what he was doing, to come and answer my endless questions about the pool. He gave me a 30 minute pool consultation on the spot! I could tell from the job he was doing, the work was very high quality, and might be out of our price range, but decided give my husband the information anyway.

Marc spent many hours at our house consulting with us on the design of the pool, BEFORE any contract was even signed. I think all of the preliminary work Marc did with us, not “on the clock” is what made us decide to hire Pools for Home. He drew up many variations of the plans, and tried to change as many things on paper…before they started to dig. We have a fairly small backyard, and he helped us to maximize the space we had to work with. He had no problem convincing my husband that is was OK to rip out the 3 year old decorative concrete to install the pool! He applied for all of the special permits we needed and attended the town meetings with my husband. He is very knowledgeable and professional. He uses and installs high quality materials and equipment. We were prepared to pay the little bit extra, compared to the other quotes we received. The end result was WELL worth it.

The crew always on time, professional and left the job site clean. Marc is always available to answer questions or concerns we have about the pool. He was there on-site from day one, until the job was complete. We have had a few minor glitches, and he is always there to fix them. Even on how to use that tricky remote to turn on the LED lights! We have had so many positive comments on out backyard, especially, our flagstone waterfall and border, in-ground steps and those cool LED lights! We are so happy that we decided to hire Pools for Home to create our backyard retreat. Our family has enjoyed it so much this summer! We would recommend PFH without hesitation. Thank you Marc and Pools for Home!

Steve Vrbensky in Oakville
Steve Vrbensky in Oakville

Swimming Pool install in 1999

My wife and I put in a pool in 1999 with pools for home. This company was and still is phenomenal. to deal with. Marc promised my wife and myself a great backyard and he definately delivered on that. I would like potential customers to know that our pool as of today is still in mint condition. Our patterened concret still to this day has NO cracks in it and looks awesome. We will be putting a new liner in next year because after 12 years it is time. I will only be calling Marc to do this for us because I know it will be done right. Over the twelve years that we have had our pool, any time we had an issue, I would call Marc and his service wae awesome. Just this past weekend we had an issue with one of our valves by the pool equipment leaking because of age. I called and left Marc a message and asked if he could swing by this week and fix it for us. He was there the next day. If you want a pool that will be built to last with excellent after service, I would call Pools for Home. If we ever move Marc would be the guy putting in our next pool. I can honestly say that and we have had this pool for twelve years. Steve and Caroline V in Oakville

Steve in Oakville
Steve in Oakville

Inground pool installation and major landscaping

We had an inground pool installed by Marc LeBlanc from Pools for Home fall of 09. The job was very difficult as it required major retaining wall installation to accommodate a sloping grade as we back on to a ravine. Marc was the only contractor we spoke with who had both the vision and confidence to tackle the job. My wife and I had even hired a a landscape architect to redesign the yard, but we weren't happy with the outcome and had become frustrated with our lack of options. However, Marc understood right away what it was we were trying to accomplish and was able to design something that matched what were looking for - a yard that has a balance of useable lawn, play structure and pool. We regularly get a "wow" compliment from visitors - especially those who knew what our yard looked like before. In addition to the pool, Marc also installed yard lighting, a fire pit, and introduced us to an excellent carpenter who constructed a pergola and pool equipment screen.

The installation took slightly longer than planned, but it was a tricky job. The craftsmanship is excellent, as has been the post installation support. Marc is always responsive and I have never had to chase him down for even the smallest request. It is obvious that he takes pride in his work and that he knows what he is doing.

The work we had done was not cheap and it is not for most people's budgets. However, I am delighted by the outcome and glad we took Marc's advice throughout various aspects of the project. As the saying goes - you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend Pools for Home to anyone considering a new pool or replacement of an existing pool.

K Grainger in Burlington
K Grainger in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Inground pool and concrete deck

Marc came in and gave us a quote, came in the middle compared to other quotes. Pool was completed on time, excellent stamped concrete deck and a fantastic job on the pool and equipment layout. I recommend pools for home to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

Ralph & Josie Gardiner in Oakville
Ralph & Josie Gardiner in Oakville

New pool instalation, water feature and mermaid, mega arbel decking, lighting, patio with sitting walls, plus front yard flagstone patio, steps, decking and stone wall with 4 posts

After receiving 7 quotes we selected Pools For Home (PFH). Their price was in the middle, but we were impressed with their references, their quality, their experience with inpool steps and the fact they could do the stone decking as well as the pool. We were very pleased with the results - everyone calls our backyard an Oasis. Marc's staff are very thorough (and fun to work with). Marc is very hands-on and is readily available anytime you need to contact or see him. At least 2 families in the neighbourhood also selected PFH after seeing how our backyard turned out. Marc's team also worked well with the carpentry company that we hired for the fence, pavilion and upper cedar deck. Marc is pragmatic, explaining when ideas won't work. He frequently offered suggestions to reduce our costs. We were also pleased with how clean they left the yard every night and they never left dirt or stone on the street, which the Developer was watching for. Bottom line - we're very thankful we selected Pools For Home and couldn't have been happier with our back and front yards.

Karley Gittens in Oakville
Karley Gittens in Oakville

Pool

We are extremely happy with the pool that Pools For Home built for us. We were even more impressed with the customer service. We probably drove him crazy with the endless phone calls inquiring about everything and anything to do with our new pool, which he was very patient and helpful with. His plumbing work it outstanding and he uses all high end equipment. His knowledge in the pool industry is far greater than most pool companies. His prices are on the higher end but you get what you pay for in the long run. We recommend them all the time.

More about Pools For Home