Pools For Home

Reviews for Pools For Home

Tracy Vincze from Oakville
Tracy Vincze from Oakville

Pool, deck and fire pit

The late Spring of 2014, we completed our backyard project after 3 years of patiently waiting to find just the right pool company to work with. Marc at Pools For Home was the 6th pool contractor we met with, and from the moment we shook hands and first met, to the time our project was completed, we can honestly say it was nothing but positive, and the final result far exceeded our expectations. Marc was on site every day, and laid out a detailed plan for pricing and a project work-back schedule. Both were spot on, and the only changes to both were the result of my husband and I adding work to the initial scope. Marc and his team were extremely professional, polite and meticulous, and the quality of their work exceptional. Our entire project (walk-out deck rebuild, extensive patio and custom pool and firepit build), was completed in just over 5 weeks. Not only our next door neighbors, but neighbors several houses down on all sides commented on how, quick, tidy and courteous Marc and his team were. In fact, they were so impressed that 3 friends have since used Marc to complete their back yard projects. If we had the chance to do it all over again, we can honestly say we would not change one single thing. The only thing we are waiting for now is the cold weather to leave us so that we can open the pool and start enjoying it again!

Angela in Oakville
Angela in Oakville
1 review OAKVILLE, ON

New Pool Installation, Flagstone waterfall, Flagstone Border, Patio

We received a quote and plans for a pool about 2007 from a big commercial pool company in Oakville. We did not like the position of the pool in the backyard, the steps coming out of the house or the location of the pool equipment. We decided against putting in the pool and installed a decorative concrete patio instead. We figured our backyard was just not meant to have a pool.

Fast forward to August 2010, while driving in the neighborhood I spotted the Pools for Home trucks putting in a pool on a corner lot house just like ours. Out of curiosity, I stopped in to see the construction. The pool looked amazing. I loved the in-ground steps, flagstone border and patio stones. I wondered why the “other” company never told us about applying to the town for a variance, so that we could position the pool 5 feet from the property line instead of the required 12 feet (since we live on the corner lot).

It had to be about 40 degrees that day, the crew was working hard. Marc stopped what he was doing, to come and answer my endless questions about the pool. He gave me a 30 minute pool consultation on the spot! I could tell from the job he was doing, the work was very high quality, and might be out of our price range, but decided give my husband the information anyway.

Marc spent many hours at our house consulting with us on the design of the pool, BEFORE any contract was even signed. I think all of the preliminary work Marc did with us, not “on the clock” is what made us decide to hire Pools for Home. He drew up many variations of the plans, and tried to change as many things on paper…before they started to dig. We have a fairly small backyard, and he helped us to maximize the space we had to work with. He had no problem convincing my husband that is was OK to rip out the 3 year old decorative concrete to install the pool! He applied for all of the special permits we needed and attended the town meetings with my husband. He is very knowledgeable and professional. He uses and installs high quality materials and equipment. We were prepared to pay the little bit extra, compared to the other quotes we received. The end result was WELL worth it.

The crew always on time, professional and left the job site clean. Marc is always available to answer questions or concerns we have about the pool. He was there on-site from day one, until the job was complete. We have had a few minor glitches, and he is always there to fix them. Even on how to use that tricky remote to turn on the LED lights! We have had so many positive comments on out backyard, especially, our flagstone waterfall and border, in-ground steps and those cool LED lights! We are so happy that we decided to hire Pools for Home to create our backyard retreat. Our family has enjoyed it so much this summer! We would recommend PFH without hesitation. Thank you Marc and Pools for Home!

Steve Vrbensky in Oakville
Steve Vrbensky in Oakville

Swimming Pool install in 1999

My wife and I put in a pool in 1999 with pools for home. This company was and still is phenomenal. to deal with. Marc promised my wife and myself a great backyard and he definately delivered on that. I would like potential customers to know that our pool as of today is still in mint condition. Our patterened concret still to this day has NO cracks in it and looks awesome. We will be putting a new liner in next year because after 12 years it is time. I will only be calling Marc to do this for us because I know it will be done right. Over the twelve years that we have had our pool, any time we had an issue, I would call Marc and his service wae awesome. Just this past weekend we had an issue with one of our valves by the pool equipment leaking because of age. I called and left Marc a message and asked if he could swing by this week and fix it for us. He was there the next day. If you want a pool that will be built to last with excellent after service, I would call Pools for Home. If we ever move Marc would be the guy putting in our next pool. I can honestly say that and we have had this pool for twelve years. Steve and Caroline V in Oakville

Steve in Oakville
Steve in Oakville

Inground pool installation and major landscaping

We had an inground pool installed by Marc LeBlanc from Pools for Home fall of 09. The job was very difficult as it required major retaining wall installation to accommodate a sloping grade as we back on to a ravine. Marc was the only contractor we spoke with who had both the vision and confidence to tackle the job. My wife and I had even hired a a landscape architect to redesign the yard, but we weren't happy with the outcome and had become frustrated with our lack of options. However, Marc understood right away what it was we were trying to accomplish and was able to design something that matched what were looking for - a yard that has a balance of useable lawn, play structure and pool. We regularly get a "wow" compliment from visitors - especially those who knew what our yard looked like before. In addition to the pool, Marc also installed yard lighting, a fire pit, and introduced us to an excellent carpenter who constructed a pergola and pool equipment screen.

The installation took slightly longer than planned, but it was a tricky job. The craftsmanship is excellent, as has been the post installation support. Marc is always responsive and I have never had to chase him down for even the smallest request. It is obvious that he takes pride in his work and that he knows what he is doing.

The work we had done was not cheap and it is not for most people's budgets. However, I am delighted by the outcome and glad we took Marc's advice throughout various aspects of the project. As the saying goes - you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend Pools for Home to anyone considering a new pool or replacement of an existing pool.

K Grainger in Burlington
K Grainger in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Inground pool and concrete deck

Marc came in and gave us a quote, came in the middle compared to other quotes. Pool was completed on time, excellent stamped concrete deck and a fantastic job on the pool and equipment layout. I recommend pools for home to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

Ralph & Josie Gardiner in Oakville
Ralph & Josie Gardiner in Oakville

New pool instalation, water feature and mermaid, mega arbel decking, lighting, patio with sitting walls, plus front yard flagstone patio, steps, decking and stone wall with 4 posts

After receiving 7 quotes we selected Pools For Home (PFH). Their price was in the middle, but we were impressed with their references, their quality, their experience with inpool steps and the fact they could do the stone decking as well as the pool. We were very pleased with the results - everyone calls our backyard an Oasis. Marc's staff are very thorough (and fun to work with). Marc is very hands-on and is readily available anytime you need to contact or see him. At least 2 families in the neighbourhood also selected PFH after seeing how our backyard turned out. Marc's team also worked well with the carpentry company that we hired for the fence, pavilion and upper cedar deck. Marc is pragmatic, explaining when ideas won't work. He frequently offered suggestions to reduce our costs. We were also pleased with how clean they left the yard every night and they never left dirt or stone on the street, which the Developer was watching for. Bottom line - we're very thankful we selected Pools For Home and couldn't have been happier with our back and front yards.

Karley Gittens in Oakville
Karley Gittens in Oakville

Pool

We are extremely happy with the pool that Pools For Home built for us. We were even more impressed with the customer service. We probably drove him crazy with the endless phone calls inquiring about everything and anything to do with our new pool, which he was very patient and helpful with. His plumbing work it outstanding and he uses all high end equipment. His knowledge in the pool industry is far greater than most pool companies. His prices are on the higher end but you get what you pay for in the long run. We recommend them all the time.

Stephanie Smith in Oakville
Stephanie Smith in Oakville

Custom pool, waterfall, hardscape - stone side steps, stone patio and walkway, landscape

After sourcing several pool companies at various price points and levels of service, we chose Pools For Home. We have been thoroughly satisfied and thrilled with our new pool and total backyard renovation! Marc did everything, from the design of the pool (with our input) to all the dealings with the town and inspectors, to the laying of concrete, stone side steps (a tricky undertaking with all the rain), walkway and stone patio, all landscape lighting and even help with the remodeling of our existing second level deck and extensive trellis work! All our fears regarding the digging, grading and permits involved with a pool build were totally allayed and this is important as digging commenced during the worst, rainy summer on record! The crew was great and were more than accommodating. It's been three years since the completion of the work and the after service care has been exceptional. Marc has even come out to change bulbs in the garden lights! Opening and closing services are offered and the guys are great. We would highly recommend Pools for Home to anyone and we have received numerous compliments on our backyard. Our backyard is the summer destination!

Tom in Oakville
Tom in Oakville

New Pool, Water Feature, Stamped Concrete Decking

Having met with several of the local pool contractors, I met Marc. Marc understood my vision and brought his wealth of expertice and experience to the table to create a one of a kind backyard oasis.

One thing I learned from Marc is that there is more to a pool than a hole with water in it. Selection of the correct pool equipment and automation was as important as the final design of the oasis.

One can not be fooled by all the "Pools Cheap" contractors out there. There is a reason why you need to upgrade that pump, add automation and don't forget about the auto fill feature. After all, you can call Pioneer and get the spring special that comes with a motor that you can hear three houses away, has no floor drains so if your water level runs below your skimmer, you burn out the motor. Oh and they use that cheap 1 1/2" black water pipe. I know you don't see it, but how would you like to break up your deck to replace a piece of this pipe. Install the oversized 2" pipe designed for this purpose.

I would never do a project like this based upon low bid. That means corners and talent are being cut. You might think you are buying a decent pump, when in fact it is substandard. The same goes for the heater and all the other equipment.

Overall, it was a great experience and I can't say enough about Marc's knowledge and professionalism. Marc is very hands on. You deal with him start to finish and he is there for all the critical elements.

I was not an easy customer. You will find that as your yard starts to take shape you will add elements as I did. Marc handles this process very well, even when they are non-traditional elements that task his creativity. It may push your completion back, but you need to understand that if you add major elements in the process, it does back things up. Patience is something you need to have with any major project.

Highly recommended. You won't be disappointed. He is worth the extra $$.

DMG Oakville
DMG Oakville

Pool With Large Deck / Basic Landscaping

Marc/Poolsforhome completed our backyard oasis in a timely (adjusting for weather) and professional fashion.

The company's pricing is somewhere in-between the high volume/low cost dealers and the really high-end high-dollar contractors.
However, we believe we received a premium product/project from the company a fair price. We valued the owners hands on participation in the project and found him to be very personable, accessible, and a man of his word.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, the after sales service has been excellent. As can often be the case with these large projects we have had some minor issues after installation and they were very quickly dealt with.

Overall, good value from a professional company that offers premium workmanship and backs it up after the fact.