Formerly Public Plumbing

Reviews for Canadian Rooter

Corey in Toronto
Corey in Toronto

Truly impressive

Naz and his team at Canadian Rooter are simply amazing; they came to my rescue after a major plumbing disaster (broken sewage pipe, tree roots, everything backed up…just awful!). Not only was Naz able to diagnose the problem very quickly, he also spotted some problems that the last plumber caused that I knew needed to be fixed as well as some that I hadn’t noticed yet but would have become a big problem if left unaddressed. Canadian Rooter got the repairs done quickly and efficiently and the quality of their work was outstanding and on top of all that, the pricing was extremely fair. Canadian Rooter is the only plumber I trust, and the only one I would recommend.

Corey ,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review .

Joel in Etobicoke
Joel in Etobicoke

Sewer replacement and back flow valve installation

Naz came out on a Saturday to deal with a broken sink drain on very short notice. He completed the repair promptly, and I mentioned to him that the sink was draining slowly, and asked if he could help unclog it. To make a long story short, it turned out to be a much more serious issue and he was unable to unclog it with a snake. He booked a crew to come back on Tuesday (would have been Monday but we were not available) and dig up the drain pipe under the basement floor. It turned out that the drain pipe running under the basement floor was completely clogged and leaking and he had to dig out much more pipe than he had estimated and quoted on . I have had problems with the sewers backing up and flooding the basement in the past and had been advised to install a back flow valve, but had not gone ahead. As I was impressed with the drainage work I had the the back flow valve installed as well.

Everything was explained to me and I was shown the extent of the clogged pipe and why they needed to do the extra work before going ahead. The staff were extremely fast, clean and professional, They tarped or protected everything, and went well beyond what the job required, helping clear the work area which was greatly appreciated. They stayed late on the Tuesday working to get a temporary fix in, and came back the next day to complete the job and put the back flow valve in. In order to install the back flow valve the old clean out had to be located under the floor which had been tiled over. They used the proper valve for the job, which required less excavation and would work with the existing slope of the drain, and made sure I understood what they were doing and why, to the extent of sending me documentation on the valve.

I asked a lot of questions and was satisfied with the answers. I had previous quotes on the back flow valve work and the company was competitive. Due to the urgency i did not get quotes on the drain repair, but feel I was treated fairly. I was extremely impressed with speed with which the work was accomplished, and the professionalism of the employees, and Naz's knowledge and taking the time to explain everything. Not to mention his showing up on a short notice to help me out on a small job on Saturday without any expectation that it would turn into a much bigger job.

I am very happy to have found someone I can trust with plumbing and drain needs for the future.

Hi JOEL ,
Thank you very much for your review . I look forward to work with you in the future .

angela v
angela v

Main line clogged and replaced; new backwater valve installed

Very recently, my elderly father had a major problem with tree roots which had blocked the main line going into his house. The house had the old clay pipes that had been there for many years so the tree roots had grown right into them and in through the basement. It was a major job and it took some time to remove the old pipes and replace them with the new ones.They also installed a backwater valve. Naz explained the work and his team worked hard to make sure the job was done, working into the evening to make sure my dad had water. I would recommend them for any plumbing issues. Excellent work!

Hi Angela ,
Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your experience with other homeowners .
I look forward to work with you again in the future .

Naz.

Jenny in Etobicoke
Jenny in Etobicoke

Small pipe leak with hidden danger of bursting

I used their service a few years back and was very happy with the job done then. So no hesitation to call them back when there was a small leak on the pipe right above the furnace. Naz came and inspected the area, explained the situation and gave me a couple recommendations. The team came shortly after Naz left. The work area was very tight and yet the team did a good job. They were professional and very efficient, just like the last time. I am quite please with their work and will not hesitate to recommend them.

Thank you Jenny . I really appreciate your commitment to our company . I hope that you don't have any plumbing issues for a long time . Thank you for your review .

Best Regards,

Mishka in Etobicoke
Mishka in Etobicoke

Lead pipe replacement

In our new home, we identified that we have lead pipes. Based on a recommendation from numerous articles we decided to replace the incoming pipes. We reviewed numerous contractors and chose Canadian Rooter. I believe we did use them previously as well.

Hi Nick ,
Thank you for taking your time out of the busy schedule.

Nick C in Etobicoke
Nick C in Etobicoke

Drain Backup and replacement

As a small restaurant owner, just new in the business we had a major backup during our first week of opening. We found Canadian Rooter off Homestars and Naz came out on a Sunday and cleared the back up. The next few days the team was working diligently and replaced the drains from the city line. I would definitely use these guys again and definitely recommend to friends and family!

Hi Nick,
Thank you for your business and delicious food .

Mohamad Disani in Toronto
Mohamad Disani in Toronto

Watermain Replacement

I found the contractor on Google. Reviewed their website and read their reviews. The technician, Naz came out right away. He was very professional. Judging by the cleanliness of his work vehicle I knew this guy was professional and verified his reviews to be exact. He had the work force and the machinery to complete the plaza watermain replacement. I am happy with his work and he truly delivered on the quality. His team worked into the late evening hours to make sure the business was not too disrupted.

Hi Mo ,
I appreciate your feedback . Thank you .

Dthomas4
Dthomas4

Amazing job on the installation of sump pump

(416) 343-0247
199 New Toronto Street
Toronto
M8V 3X4

When i was given the quote - I did not feel pressured. They also explained why I needed the pump.
The job was completed in less time than I expected. I was impressed how professional they were. They left the room in an impeccable state - even the the outside work looked amazing.
I highly recommend this company if you want a sump pump installed in your basement- You will not be disappointed

Hi Dave ,
I really appreciate the opportunity to work with you . Thank you from myself and my team .

Rick in Toronto
Rick in Toronto

Love our house again.

Second time I used Canadian Rooter and both experiences were dealt with fast, convenient and the price is more than fair. I would never let another plumber in my house after using this company. They fixed the problem and gave me and my wife some tips on preventing any future issues..We love our house again..Thank you Canadian Rooter

Hi Rick ,
Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your feedback .

Severely clogged drain issue

We found Canadian Rooter online, and called them because we had a terrible clog in our bathroom. Literally, within minutes a specialist was at our door with the appropriated tools for the job. The job was fixed in 10 minutes, along with another small job that he decided to fix of his own free will. Price for the work was extremely reasonable. I HIGHLY recommend Canadian Rooter for any and all plumbing needs.

I really appreciate you finding time in your busy schedule to share your experience with us .

More about Canadian Rooter

Canadian Rooter is your local-Canadian-family owned business! Servicing Toronto & the GTA, we specialize in all major UNDERGROUND and minor plumbing and drain projects, basement waterproofing. We offer exceptional customer service, outstanding work quality and warranty. We offer free estimates with no obligations related to all underground drains. We view all problems as obstacles and will leave you with a piece of mind!

We do All household plumbing service calls by Appointment ONLY

* Basement Waterproofing
* Plumbing Installation & repairs
* Bathroom Renovation
*Watermain Break Repairs
* Catch basin cleaning and repairs
* Grease Trap Installation
* Back Water Valve Installation and Rebate process
* Sump Pump and Back up sump pump installation
* Roof Drains

Specialize in All underground plumbing, drain & waterproofing repairs.