Wilson Roofing

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Oshawa  >  Wilson Roofing

Reviews for Wilson Roofing

Trev in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Had shingles blowing off my roof, contacted Wilson Roofing and they arrived a week later with literally an army that tarped everything and left without a trace. A few shingles and material fell into our closed pool at the back of the house (which is quite close) and the crew made sure to fish out anything that had fallen in. Job was completed in about 6 hours for a fairly complex roof, one of the workers even brought in the papers for my son’s paper route! Very happy with the service, would definitely recommend!

1 review Oshawa, ON

The crew of Wilson's roofing did an excellent job, despite the cold, gusting winds.
The shingles look great!
They resolved a troublesome downspout issue, redirecting through a valley.
The debris clean up was very thorough.

The company was referred to us by friends (who are happy customers)Going forward, we will refer Wilson's Roofing every chance we get.

thanks for your business.
all the best to you

2 reviews Whitby, ON

They replaced my roof a couple of months ago and they were fantastic!
They were patient and helpful when answering all of my questions. They had the job done quickly, the quality was excellent and no mess was left behind.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing roof work. Fast, courteous and very reasonable rates.

thanks for your review and business.

We appreciate both.

Dale from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Jeff was great to work with. They completed the job when he promised. His crew was courteous and pleasant to work with. When I returned in the evening the yard was spotless. They even painted the flashings on the front of the house and cleaned my eavestroughs. I recommend Wilson's to anybody

Thanks Dale

it was our pleasure to do the work for you

1 review Oshawa, ON

Wilson Roofing did a fantastic job on our new roof. They were very friendly and professional. Completed in one day with awesome clean up. I highly recommend the Wilson Roofing team!!!

thanks for the review and your business

1 review Oshawa, ON

A little disappointed with this company. Quote for eavestrough given Sept 19, I accepted contract Sept 20 and was told verbally installation time approx one week to ten days. Waited 23 days then called salesman for update on installation date. Salesman replied that it should have been done by now, he was with a customer but would look into it and get back to me, (he never returned my call).

One week later Oct 20 I was contacted by a subcontractor asking if Mon Oct 23 would suite me for the installation. After questioning why it was not Wilson Roofing contacting me I was advised he installed for Wilson's and had received the order to do the install on my house Oct 4th ( two weeks after I had accepted the quote and contract). The subcontractor said he just added me to his list and that I was now next on his list for installation. Subcontractor had also never been notified by Wilson's of my call on Oct 13 asking for an installation date update.

Eavestrough installed Oct 23 by the subcontractor, the job was done to my satisfaction, it's certainly not great as far as fit & finish go but I'm sure it will do the job.

I rated Wilson's a 6 out of 10, not convinced I would use them again.

I apologize for the miscommunication.

We are up front about sub-contracting our eavestroughing work. We have been using the same installer for 10 years and have nothing but compliments about his work.

It has been a busy month an I apologize for the delay and communication problem.

Thank you for your business.

Jeff Wilson

sophie in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Roof done in 2002 with apparently 25 year IKO shingles. Just had another roofer check it out because of leaks. The entire roof has cracked and open holes due to shrinkage have appeared to exposed plywood. Had they used underlayment which they did not on any part of the roof the leakage may not have been as severe. They neglected to put flashing between the front and back part of the house resulting in water leakage into the carport. IKO that makes the shingles have a class action lawsuit against them so should you see the name BEWARE! My mother is a senior and that was a lot of money to put out just to have to pay out more to replace it 15 years later.

We can not be responsible for a manufacturer issue. Thousands of roofers accross North America were installing the exact same product, unaware that they would fail prematurely. Furthermore, tar paper underlayment would not protect from leaks now that shingles are shot as it is punctured during the install.

If you would have called me, I would have gladly helped you initiate a warranty claim. Which is more than most other installers would do for you.

The roof lasted 15 years without issue, therefore the install was done properly, or you would have had issue much sooner than 15 years.

let me know if you would like assistance with making a claim.

Jeff Wilson

Edna Holmes in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

I couldn't be more pleased with the with the prompt service and expertise with Wilson Roofing. They did an absolutely great job. I was so worried about my roof, being a single person trying to find the right people. I can't be more pleased.
Thank you Wilson Roofing !!!

thanks for your business Edna.

it was a pleasure working with you

1 review Courtice, ON

This is an amazing company. The men were courtious, friendly, professional, and worked quickly and safely. They covered my grass, deck, and walks and cleaned up every nail and old shingle when they were done. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you Wilson's Roofing.

thank you for reviewing.

Richard in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Had a leak in the roof coming in from a roof vent that had been installed by another company. Called Wilson roofing and they responded the next day. Shawn was responsive, professional and very informative as to what he found, what he had to do to correct the issue. I would recommend Wilson roofing to anyone who needs a roof or a repair.

thanks for the review Richard.

please nominate and vote for us in the Durham Readers Choice Awards Contest now running

More about Wilson Roofing

Wilson Roofing has been servicing home owners in Whitby, Oshawa, and the Durham Region since 1954 and maintains a reputation for customer service and technical expertise. We pride ourselves in residential roofing, re-roofing, shingles, roof repairs, eaves trough, gutter-guard, skylights, sun-tunnels, ice and snow removal, emergency repairs, and inspections