Earth Star Movers

Reviews for Earth Star Movers

L.brown in
L.brown in

Moving

The movers showed up on time and got to work right away. They were quick and even plastic wrapped my white leather couch for me. My door was in rough shape and they offered to fix the hinges for me, and still finished on time. Very helpful and I will call them the next time I move.

Move from Scarborough to Mississauga

Moving is stressful. But... The Earth Star Movers arrived punctually. The staff immediately understood the scope of the job and the move started. The movers were very careful, pleasant and efficient. The move was completed on time. Nothing was damaged. Nothing was lost. Would I recommend Earth Star Movers? Absolutely!

deb
deb

Movers

Very prompt and polite. Overall happy with the job. Worked through a difficult situation where the dining room table wouldn't fit up the stairs.
Only criticism - they didn't use drop sheets on the floor to protect it.
I would recommend them.

ymaghakian
ymaghakian
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Moving

I have used Earth star movers for my last 4 moves and I was satisfied with their work but this last move I was really happy with the service I received. The whole move was painless and the guys were really friendly.

Earth Star Movers

Our booking was for 9am, but Roy and Mike showed up at 8:15am. We made the timing work, and the packing up of our apartment went well. A few items were damaged but not the end of the world. We arrived at our new condo. At one point, my husband noticed they were taking a while to come back up with a load, and looked over the balcony at the truck. He saw Roy with my iPad. Roy plugged my iPad into the charger in the truck and left it in the cab. While the movers were up in the condo, my husband went to the cab of the truck. He found my iPad under their coats, and brought it upstairs and quietly put it into another box. For the record, the iPad was in a box of clothes that Roy had to dig through to get. We didn’t say anything at the time because they still had half our stuff in the truck, and one more stop to make. They dropped everything off at our condo, went to the second location, and emptied the truck. We paid in cash, and they didn’t offer us a receipt. Roy didn’t say anything about the iPad. I immediate called Linda and told her that Roy had attempted to take my iPad. She was shocked and immediate started to find reason “maybe he was trying to keep it safe for you.” My response was “all he had to do to keep it safe was bring it upstairs.” She asked why I didn’t call her or the police, and I told her that half of my stuff was still on the truck and I wanted to ensure they didn’t do anything to it. She raised her voice and made me feel as if I had done something wrong. Linda decided to call Roy, and phoned me back to say “he was just borrowing it.” For the record, when you take something without permission it’s called theft. She didn’t mention any consequences for Roy, or discuss any follow-up action, or refund or discount, nothing other than “sorry, not sure what to say.” Linda called me back shortly after to say that she’d quietly spoken to Mike and he said that “Roy had borrowed my iPad to Skype his ex-girlfriend,” as if that was an okay reason. And that was that. I do not respect how Linda reacted to the situation. Roy called and apologized, but if it wasn’t for my husband seeing him take my iPad, it would have been gone. I would never use Earth Star Movers again, they were very unprofessional and I wouldn’t trust them with my property.

Marvin McConnell in San Francisco
Marvin McConnell in San Francisco
1 review Brossard, QC

smooth move

When you're moving there is nothing more comforting than having comforting trustworthy movers. Earth stars was just that to us.The combination of wit....... Charmaine......and respect makes a wonderful team . I never had such a good experience moving. They knew we weren't completely packed and helped us pack our remaining items........the team was personable.....and took pride in their work. Their communication skills were great between us and themselves.......they were in point and impeccable.....it was a good experience no flaws. Linda thank you so much for a great team of movers you should be proud of them and yourself ....good work.......I am completely confident that I will be referring you to other clients and will personally use you for future moves.Thanjs so much Linda your very best . Thanks for the experience

Judy in Toronto
Judy in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Movers

Arrived 45 minutes early, very professional, did a great job, no complaining when destination reached & 90% of items had to be taken to basement. 3rd time in 6 years I have used this company, great experience every time. Thank you!

Barbara in Brampton
Barbara in Brampton

Moving

I hired “Earth Star Movers” and the moving day was the most stressful day in my life.
The estimate given by Linda was reasonable $365 plus tax, saying there are no hidden costs and the price include free wardrobe boxes if needed.
The move was supposed to take 3 hours plus one hour covering kilometers and insurance to move one-bedroom furniture and living room area from a townhouse to a storage area 6 minutes away from my place.
All started well, the movers arrived on time which put smile on my face. During the day Roy, one of the movers kept calling my belongings using belligerent and offensive words, was angry and unprofessional. It was obvious that he does not like the job he is doing and made the whole moving experience very stressful and unpleasant.
I asked Roy about the free wardrobe boxes to my surprise there were none available. Unfortunately, I ended up moving my clothes by myself later that day.
When Roy saw the storage area I rented size 10’ by 10’ that would fit two-bedroom furniture inside, he got upset even more. Two movers took two and half hour to unload my belongings from the truck to the storage, twice longer than from the townhouse to the truck.
The total hours spend on the move were calculated as four and half hours plus one hour for the cost of kilometers, when I disputed the length time including at least 5 smoking breaks Roy started shouting at me: “I told you at the beginning that it might take longer than 4 hours as originally estimated”. He never even tried to stay within the estimated time, deliberately slowing the process of unloading the furniture from the truck to the storage. Three hours should have been sufficient for this move. I ended up paying $565 instead of estimated $365.
I would never recommend Earth Star Movers to any of my friends, luck of professionalism, slow and angry man, and obviously they do not “move heaven N’Earth” as their motto is saying.

Luviana in Woodbridge
Luviana in Woodbridge

4 Bedroom House Move

We hired Earth Star Movers to move all our furniture into our new home. Linda the owner of the company was very nice to speak to as she answered all my questions on what was involved in the moving process and cost. The movers arrived on time and did an excellent job in moving all our furniture in a very professional manner. I will definitely hire them again for my next move.

VG in Toronto
VG in Toronto

Costliest mistake ever hiring this company, damaged furniture, bad service

They showed up 10 minutes early which was fine, but there were problems with the concierge not knowing what to do for moves. The guys that came by were very thin, fairly old and were smoking and in a bad mood already. I tried to facilitate as best I could, but because of the delays the main guy was always screaming at this other guy, who was more quiet and seemed to be his helper. He was also abrupt and unfriendly to me, about what I had to move. I only had a 1 bedroom condo to move and had already moved half of my boxes of stuff myself into my new place, so they only had 1 bed, dresser, 2 night stands, couch, 1 end table, coffee table, small dining table, 2 chairs, a tv stand, a 42" tv, an empty fish tank and stand, 3 little storage cabinets and about 18 boxes to move. The main guy was yelling at me for not booking 3 guys to do this move - I was never even consulted on that option nor suggested. The building I was moving out of had a long hallway through the garage everything had to be moved out of and he was constantly exasperated and upset about it. By the time we got to the next place which was about 5 blocks away only (and I was charged a FULL 1 hour extra for drive time no exceptions!) they were very rough with my furniture dumping it in my new place. There was plenty of floor space to stack boxes and the main guy kept getting mad saying I don't know where you want me to put all these dmn boxes! My boyfriend tried to calm him down and said if you have to leave them in the hallway, it's fine. So he started stacking stuff on top of each other. After everything was dropped in my new apartment, he comes up and tells me the couch won't fit in the elevator and he normally charges $100 PER FLOOR to walk it up the stairs. I had 8 floors to go. I said listen I'm not paying you $800 to move the couch up the stairs! I just don't have the money for that. He says how much money do you have? I said all I have on me is $800, I didn't expect this move to take 8 hours (including the rip off drive time) for a 1 bedroom condo! So he tells me to call and ask to not pay the tax and makes me sign the receipt and keeps the receipt. He says fine we'll move the couch up the stairs for an extra $100 cash even ($700 for the company, $100 for them) and I stayed upstairs. I find out that they have left and my couch is left in the lobby of my condo building. My boyfriend says it wouldn't fit up that 1 stairwell in the lobby because of an overhang and they only gave him $60 back of the $100 they charged me to move it. I called the company and spoke to Linda and she has no sympathy for me whatsoever, just tells me to sell the couch and a no fit is a no fit. I'm literally crying on the phone saying I cannot have the couch sitting in the lobby, they didn't even attempt to try any other stairs or take the feet off of the couch! It was the worst move ever, I was so stressed out.

I went over everything the next day and there were numerous things that the movers broke and damaged. They did not take care with moving stuff. They only partially shrink wrapped 3 pieces of furniture and put blankets on my tv and fish tank. They did not wrap anything else and were very careless with grabbing stuff and loading it. When I asked my family how their moves went they said normally every piece of furniture is wrapped or covered to make sure it isn't damaged. These guys did not care at all!

One of my plates broke in a small box marked fragile dishes that was packed well with bubble wrap. They put a bunch of boxes on top of it in my new place when they unloaded it so it cracked from the weight.

The chair for my dining table has big gouges in the top of it. I asked the main guy what happened and just got a "dunno" from him as soon as he brought it in. He didn't care at all. This is a super light ikea chair. It was brand new and they didn't take any care moving it at all. I just don't get it. How the heck do you rip off the top of the wood finish on a light chair?

My storage chest also another light piece and completely empty for them - they gouged the top of it in numerous places. It was also new and in perfect condition at my last place.

My coffee table when it came in was missing a wheel I asked where the wheel was and the main guy said oh in my pocket and he put it back on. It fell right off when I moved the table and it's been broken. These are expensive and have to be ordered from Ashley furniture. So he knew it was broken and didn't tell me and put it back like nothing happened.

The couch is all scratched up at the bottom from when they shoved it in the elevator. They didn't bother to take the feet off of the couch at all to try and get it to move better. Simple screws in there to make them come off.

And on top of this I had to pay another moving company the next day to walk my couch up the stairs.