Earth Star Movers

Reviews for Earth Star Movers

Dennie Hudson in Vaughan
Dennie Hudson in Vaughan

Excellent Moving Service

This is the third time over the last several years that I have hired these movers and I am once again totally satisfied with the service that they provided and ||I| would hire them again and would recommend their services to anyone looking for a good mover.

L.brown in
L.brown in

Moving

The movers showed up on time and got to work right away. They were quick and even plastic wrapped my white leather couch for me. My door was in rough shape and they offered to fix the hinges for me, and still finished on time. Very helpful and I will call them the next time I move.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Move from Scarborough to Mississauga

Moving is stressful. But... The Earth Star Movers arrived punctually. The staff immediately understood the scope of the job and the move started. The movers were very careful, pleasant and efficient. The move was completed on time. Nothing was damaged. Nothing was lost. Would I recommend Earth Star Movers? Absolutely!

deb
deb

Movers

Very prompt and polite. Overall happy with the job. Worked through a difficult situation where the dining room table wouldn't fit up the stairs.
Only criticism - they didn't use drop sheets on the floor to protect it.
I would recommend them.

ymaghakian
ymaghakian
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Moving

I have used Earth star movers for my last 4 moves and I was satisfied with their work but this last move I was really happy with the service I received. The whole move was painless and the guys were really friendly.

Earth Star Movers

Our booking was for 9am, but Roy and Mike showed up at 8:15am. We made the timing work, and the packing up of our apartment went well. A few items were damaged but not the end of the world. We arrived at our new condo. At one point, my husband noticed they were taking a while to come back up with a load, and looked over the balcony at the truck. He saw Roy with my iPad. Roy plugged my iPad into the charger in the truck and left it in the cab. While the movers were up in the condo, my husband went to the cab of the truck. He found my iPad under their coats, and brought it upstairs and quietly put it into another box. For the record, the iPad was in a box of clothes that Roy had to dig through to get. We didn’t say anything at the time because they still had half our stuff in the truck, and one more stop to make. They dropped everything off at our condo, went to the second location, and emptied the truck. We paid in cash, and they didn’t offer us a receipt. Roy didn’t say anything about the iPad. I immediate called Linda and told her that Roy had attempted to take my iPad. She was shocked and immediate started to find reason “maybe he was trying to keep it safe for you.” My response was “all he had to do to keep it safe was bring it upstairs.” She asked why I didn’t call her or the police, and I told her that half of my stuff was still on the truck and I wanted to ensure they didn’t do anything to it. She raised her voice and made me feel as if I had done something wrong. Linda decided to call Roy, and phoned me back to say “he was just borrowing it.” For the record, when you take something without permission it’s called theft. She didn’t mention any consequences for Roy, or discuss any follow-up action, or refund or discount, nothing other than “sorry, not sure what to say.” Linda called me back shortly after to say that she’d quietly spoken to Mike and he said that “Roy had borrowed my iPad to Skype his ex-girlfriend,” as if that was an okay reason. And that was that. I do not respect how Linda reacted to the situation. Roy called and apologized, but if it wasn’t for my husband seeing him take my iPad, it would have been gone. I would never use Earth Star Movers again, they were very unprofessional and I wouldn’t trust them with my property.

This company has never had any issues with any of our employees committing theft in all of the years we've been in business, which is why we wanted to contact the police immediately upon hearing of this accusation. The customer refused and wanted nothing to do with contacting them The ipad in question was picked up by our crew and thrown on top of the box. It was not packed and placed in the truck for safety. However this person is retired and no longer employed with this company. Also we always issue receipts.

Marvin McConnell in San Francisco
Marvin McConnell in San Francisco
1 review Brossard, QC

smooth move

When you're moving there is nothing more comforting than having comforting trustworthy movers. Earth stars was just that to us.The combination of wit....... Charmaine......and respect makes a wonderful team . I never had such a good experience moving. They knew we weren't completely packed and helped us pack our remaining items........the team was personable.....and took pride in their work. Their communication skills were great between us and themselves.......they were in point and impeccable.....it was a good experience no flaws. Linda thank you so much for a great team of movers you should be proud of them and yourself ....good work.......I am completely confident that I will be referring you to other clients and will personally use you for future moves.Thanjs so much Linda your very best . Thanks for the experience

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Judy in Toronto
Judy in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Movers

Arrived 45 minutes early, very professional, did a great job, no complaining when destination reached & 90% of items had to be taken to basement. 3rd time in 6 years I have used this company, great experience every time. Thank you!

Barbara in Brampton
Barbara in Brampton

Moving

I hired “Earth Star Movers” and the moving day was the most stressful day in my life.
The estimate given by Linda was reasonable $365 plus tax, saying there are no hidden costs and the price include free wardrobe boxes if needed.
The move was supposed to take 3 hours plus one hour covering kilometers and insurance to move one-bedroom furniture and living room area from a townhouse to a storage area 6 minutes away from my place.
All started well, the movers arrived on time which put smile on my face. During the day Roy, one of the movers kept calling my belongings using belligerent and offensive words, was angry and unprofessional. It was obvious that he does not like the job he is doing and made the whole moving experience very stressful and unpleasant.
I asked Roy about the free wardrobe boxes to my surprise there were none available. Unfortunately, I ended up moving my clothes by myself later that day.
When Roy saw the storage area I rented size 10’ by 10’ that would fit two-bedroom furniture inside, he got upset even more. Two movers took two and half hour to unload my belongings from the truck to the storage, twice longer than from the townhouse to the truck.
The total hours spend on the move were calculated as four and half hours plus one hour for the cost of kilometers, when I disputed the length time including at least 5 smoking breaks Roy started shouting at me: “I told you at the beginning that it might take longer than 4 hours as originally estimated”. He never even tried to stay within the estimated time, deliberately slowing the process of unloading the furniture from the truck to the storage. Three hours should have been sufficient for this move. I ended up paying $565 instead of estimated $365.
I would never recommend Earth Star Movers to any of my friends, luck of professionalism, slow and angry man, and obviously they do not “move heaven N’Earth” as their motto is saying.

Luviana in Woodbridge
Luviana in Woodbridge

4 Bedroom House Move

We hired Earth Star Movers to move all our furniture into our new home. Linda the owner of the company was very nice to speak to as she answered all my questions on what was involved in the moving process and cost. The movers arrived on time and did an excellent job in moving all our furniture in a very professional manner. I will definitely hire them again for my next move.