City Wide Group Inc

Chris Cavan [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in North York  >  City Wide Group Inc

Reviews for City Wide Group Inc

krisha_pt

I was looking to get waterproofing done for my basement. After submitting online request for quote. Received call from Alex Vieira (Project Manager) next day to schedule an appointment. Alex was flexible to schedule an appointment which was suitable for me. He was punctual for the appointment. He checked inside and outside of our house thoroughly. After observing and assessing he explained me about the problem and discussed all possible solution to fix the problem. He explained in detail about all pros and cons of each option and recommended best solution for me. He provided with complete written estimate in detail with lifetime warranty certificate which no other company quoted. He want above and beyond all other companies provided me with estimate. We had interlocking in the area and he promised me that the area will be same as before after the work is completed. I and few quotes and most of the estimate received were not as professionally completed as was done by Alex. Once I decided to go ahead and confirmed with Alex, the worked started within a week as mentioned in the written estimate. His team did an excellent work. The team was every punctual and professional towards their work. The team even worked in cold weather condition and the work was completed before time. As promised my interlocking was reinstalled as before (better than the original work) and the backyard was cleaned and back to what it was original look. I am very pleased and satisfied with the project completed. I definitely will recommend Alex, his team and City Wide Group Inc. the best company in market for waterproofing service.

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

We had some occasional water in the basement and some dampness often. Contractors had enlarged one of the basement windows and in so doing had aggravated some beginning cracks in the foundation wall. The original contractors were willing to "fix" the problem but in so doing also wanted to do more work on the basement walls. We discovered that they had overcharged on the window job and were over inflating the additional work proposed. We contacted other contractors and hired City Wide to do the job.
We are very pleased with the work done, attitude and conduct of the workers, and restoration and cleanup was great. We even have a large new rock for the rock garden. They removed it while digging.

Thank you for the great review!

Art &.
1 review Caledon, ON

This was a major job requiring the dirt around the foundation to be removed to a depth of over 8 feet. Much to our surprise and delight all the removal was done by hand, thus saving our yard from being torn up by heavy equipment. The crew handling our job couldn't have been better. The work done was of the highest professional standard, taking care not to damage gas, cable and electrical lines. Putting the dirt they removed from around the foundation on tarps to protect our grass; removing shrubs in a manner so they could be replaced once work was completed. The project was completed a lot faster than we expected and when they left, the areas were cleaned as to where you wouldn't have known we had just had the work done.

One morning a huge pile of dirt 'sat' on the front walk way, when we returned at days end, all was back in the ground. The front walk way was cleaner than before they started the project. Remarkable work ethics!

Starting with the waterproofing consultant Alex Vieira, who was very knowledgeable & informative as to our issues & solutions, to the work crew supervised by Peter, a job that could have been very stressful and concerning for us, ended up being a pleasurable experience, giving us peace of mind that our basement water problems have been resolved and warranted for life.

Thank you for the great review!

Cindy in Pickering
6 reviews Pickering, ON

Chris is very knowledgeable and professional. He assessed our garage, an engineer provided his recommendations and our work was scheduled quickly.

There was also a fair bit of “discovery work” which increased the timeline and cost, so be prepared for these overages when setting a budget. Price was fair and flexible finance options were available.

However, during the 2-months, I had a few concerns about the crew:

- awkward questions from the crew, such as "how much money did Chris charge you for this work?" or "Why is your husband never home?" We know it is hard work in the heat/cold so we always offered the crew beverages but I don't think the questions were appropriate. Luckily, Chris addressed this immediately.

- overall language barrier with the crew made it difficult to get any updates. It was difficult to know which stage the project was at. We never knew when the supervisor was on-site, although, Chris was great at giving us updates.

- garbage, pop cans were left behind in our garage.

Overall, we're happy with the quality of work. They finished up with one worker who was meticulous! But there seems to be many improvements needed with the crew.

Also, having a schedule would be beneficial to allow us to better plan around the construction (e.g., some days 2 workers would arrive after 10:00am, some days, nobody at all and then the next day, a crew of 6 + supervisor).

advisorx

From sales representative to
crew and their manager all
were excellent hardworking
people to deal with and
delivered the job as promised
then delivered the Guarantee
Certificate as promised. No
water leakage since, but only
months so far. I think my
basement will remain dry
from what I seen of their
installation. Sincerely, JimVella
22Feb2017

HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Courtice, ON

Excellent service from start to finish. Very timely manner and friendly representatives. I feel very assured that the problem will never occur again.

matinee
1 review Newmarket, ON

Most definitely I would recommend City Wide Group. From the project manager down to the general labourers the team was top notch. In particular the project manager Alex was a joy to work with. I championed this project for an elderly family member and the respect, courtesy and professionalism that was displayed from the City Group team to the elderly homeowner goes beyond words. The project was completed on budget and was completed using the materials that were presented in the initial quote. I went sent out request for quotes to three companies for this project and the only company that took the time to explain the project in detail and did not present an overly aggressive sales pitch was City Wide. If I had to mention one negative was the fact the job took a little longer to complete than was expected. None the less my experience with City Wide was positive and I would not hesitate to recommend their services.

BengY

I am very satisfied with the work that City Wide Group Inc did for my house. Alex and Peter are very reliable and friendly which made us happy with their work. I would highly recommend this company to anyone because of their great work and services.

We were having a constant leak in one of our basement walls. We didn't have any contacts to call so we checked on homestars and received a couple estimates. City wide's quote was in the middle range price wise, but we really felt confident in their company and their professional estimator Tony. Tony had George oversee the work and he was at our beck and call, which really made us feel confident in choosing the right company. So far we have been dry!

More about City Wide Group Inc

City Wide Group is your first choice for waterproofing and underpinning service in Toronto & the GTA. We have been in business since 1961, building a reputation in this community for timely, quality work always done right the first time.

Family owned and operated, our team of waterproofing and underpinning specialists is unmatched when it comes to client satisfaction. Our unwavering dedication to outstanding service has earned City Wide Group the prestigious Consumer’s Choice Award for 18 consecutive years.

For comprehensive waterproofing and underpinning solutions that protect your home, your equity and your peace of mind, choose City Wide Group.

Our expert advice and timely, dependable service are backed by an accurate quotation and guaranteed satisfaction, whatever your needs. We can permanently prevent wet basements, seal foundation cracks – inside and out, install weeping tiles, install drains inside or out and lower your basement.

Safeguard your family’s health, your most cherished possessions and your property’s value- contact City Wide Group.