City Wide Group Inc

Waterproofing
25 Hollinger Rd. Toronto ON M4B 3N4
HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in North York  >  City Wide Group Inc
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for City Wide Group Inc

Sandra from Toronto

Over the past number of years, we have seen water seep into our basement on an increasingly regular basis. After this very wet spring and summer, we finally decided it was time to call in the experts to deal with the situation. We reached out to a few companies come in to do an estimate, one of which was City Wide Group, upon a friend’s recommendation. Tony responded right away and came in to do an assessment. We were instantly impressed with his breadth of knowledge and very professional and polite demeanour, and his quote was comparable with the others we had received. City Wide Group was ultimately the chosen candidate. Due to the proximity of our house to our neighbour’s, the decision was made for the waterproofing be done on the total perimeter interior wall of our Victorian semi-detached home. The work began shortly after we decided to proceed, and was done within a couple of days. Of course, since then we have had a long stretch of beautiful Indian summer weather, with very little rain, thus are unable to speak to how the waterproofing holds up. I can, however, note that Tony was always available, always responsive to any and all questions we shot his way. When a problem arose, City Wide Group owner Chris was quick to respond in a professional manner, ensuring a satisfactory outcome that reflected positively on his organization on whole.

Job Price

Thank you Sandra for your amazing review! It was a pleasure dealing with you!

Anna in Toronto

We we so pleased with this company!
Alex was very professional and helpful!
The job was done on time and the crew made sure that everything was cleaned up!
Thank Alex and Crew!
We would highly recommend City Wide Group!

Anna & Enzo

Job Price

Anna, thank you for your kind review of our basement waterproofing work recently done at your home!

I dealt with Alex, very professional and experienced gentleman.
City wide Group Inc. is a great company. I am very satisfied with the work done, the crew worked very professional and dedicated on doing the job properly and on time. Left the backyard clean as nothing happened. Thank you Alex

Job Price

Thank you for your review of our waterproofing services Leo. Much appreciated!

FC

City Wide provided great service and work. I am confident that this water issue has been resolved and I would have no need to take up City Wide on their lifetime warranty.
Although they were delayed with starting the project due to weather/other projects, they still met their promised completion date to me. I was so impressed the day they came with a crew of 6 men and they just worked so efficiently in waterproofing the basement.
Alex, the project manager, was the key reason why I went with City Wide. The prices from other companies were all comparable but Alex was so professional and personable that I felt confident with selecting City Wide. He provided such great service that even during his vacation - which was his wedding/honeymoon - he responded to my emails to confirm the schedule.
City Wide and Alex did meet my expectations.

Job Price

Thank you very much for this great review! We are happy to add you to our list of satisfied customers!

khantania80

I am very happy with the company. People can trust them. There work nice. Pice of mind. No hassle.

Job Price

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you are satisfied with our waterproofing!

K.N.

This spring on 2 occasions we got rain water in our basement. I had 3 contractors consult with me and give me prices to repair this situation. Prices were quite close but I also made a point of speaking to previous clients of these contractors and the City Wide Group had the best referrals. This helped me make my selection and City Wide certainly lived up to their previous references. Their on site people were superior.

Job Price

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We are happy your are pleased with our waterproofing services!

Negpapinss

They water proof the basement since there were water going dawn through the walls and floor . They did a great job.

Job Price

Thank you very much for your feedback and review of our waterproofing services!

Steve in Toronto

With all the recent rain we've had this year we unfortunately started to see water pent rating into our fully finished basement, what a nightmare. After pulling out some drywall and realizing I'm not dealing with a simple crack but rather ground water seaping in through the foundation we decided to give a few companies a call and get some quotes for full home outside waterproofing. Of the five companies that we called only 3 got back to me but only one stood out for its good reputation, competitive price and solid knowledge. Alex was our point man throughout the project and was always quick to answer or return my calls. Being my first major project I had a lot of questions, Alex was very friendly and honestly just made me feel like I'd known him for years. The entire project took only about a week and half and the vast majority of the work was done within 3 days. The workers would start 7am and generally stayed till until almost 7pm. Watching these guys work will make you break a sweat, everything was dug by hand rather then with machines to avoid damage to the property in 30 degree heat. When all was said and done everything was cleaned up and replaced exactly how it was found. I purposely waited few weeks after completion of the project to write this review and I'm happy to say no further water leakage has been found, in fact I received a life time warranty from city wide, that's right not 10 or 20 year.....life!!! Highly recommend Alex and his team from city wide, if your planning doing waterproofing do yourself a favor and call these guys!

Job Price

Thank you Steve for your amazing review! We are grateful for your business!

Michael-Vincent in Toronto
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Terrible experience!! Would not recommend as their customer service is completely unacceptable. My wife and I had our basement waterproofed and it's been over a month and I have not received any receipts, an itemized list of work that was done and cost per item, nor have I received any certificate of completion or warranty. I have called and called and left multiple messages and no one will call me back or offer any sort of help. The sales person we have dealt with is Casey. He does not deliver on his word, he does not return messages or phone calls and he has told us multiple times he would send the above items and still hasn't for over a month now. Their hands were wide open when it was time to give them thousands of dollars and now when I ask for a simple request, no one is around. Unacceptable!!!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the trouble you experienced receiving your paperwork. Typically our turnaround time for receipts, or other required documentation is 48 hours. We are sorry that we were unable to fulfil this commitment. We trust that you have now received your receipt and warranty certificate. Please do not hesitate to call should you require anything further.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Chris Cavan

Scarborough Homeowner in

Great companies are those that put the customer first and honour their commitments. I recently experienced what I called a 'moment of truth' with City Wide Group: I hired them in 2012 to do basement waterproofing for my house. 5 years later I noticed that some rainwater was leaking into the laundry room in the basement. I called City Wide Group and the owner came over to my house and inspect the work. He detected a defect for one window well (slow drainage). He told me that his company is responsible for this, and will send a crew came to remedy. A few days later the repair team corrected the situation. They also noticed that the ground had sunk in some place and re-levelled the patio stones. All of this for free, as part of the life time warranty. Great customer service!

Job Price

Thank you very much for this amazing review !

More about City Wide Group Inc

City Wide Group is your first choice for waterproofing and underpinning service in Toronto & the GTA. We have been in business since 1961, building a reputation in this community for timely, quality work always done right the first time.

Family owned and operated, our team of waterproofing and underpinning specialists is unmatched when it comes to client satisfaction. Our unwavering dedication to outstanding service has earned City Wide Group the prestigious Consumer’s Choice Award for 18 consecutive years.

For comprehensive waterproofing and underpinning solutions that protect your home, your equity and your peace of mind, choose City Wide Group.

Our expert advice and timely, dependable service are backed by an accurate quotation and guaranteed satisfaction, whatever your needs. We can permanently prevent wet basements, seal foundation cracks – inside and out, install weeping tiles, install drains inside or out and lower your basement.

Safeguard your family’s health, your most cherished possessions and your property’s value- contact City Wide Group.