Stone Mountain Fence & Deck

Fences & Gates
Toronto ON M5R2E2
HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Stone Mountain Fence & Deck  >  New deck in backyar
stouffvillenewarea
stouffvillenewarea
1 review Stouffville, ON

New deck in backyar

Stone Mountain Fence & Deck
905-881-4908
Toronto
M5R2E2

Reading the preceeding reviews I fell that my experience is typical but needs to be shared in order to protect "other innocent homeowners".

The deck was nicely built and done quickly ( in 2006 ). However the nightmare began when I noticed that the concrete footings for the deck were basically falling apart due to a bad mix. I had a concrete engineer do an inspection to confirm my suspicions and notified Stone Mountain. No response. They ignored my calls and dodged me finally admitting that it was bad but it was only cosmetic. I ended taking them to court where I won ( they never even showed up for the trial). Of course they refuse to pay my costs to fix the deck.

The interesting part is that the small claims court officers seemed to know Steve Steinberg and Stone Mountain quite well due to the large number of claims filed against this company and his repeated court visits. Further more, during the pre-trail motion ( Dec 2009 ) Steve bragged to me that the company would be going bankrupt and I would never see a cent.

Avoid this contractor. They likely once ran a good shop but with the owner sons grabbing the reins in the last year or so, the company is swirling down the drain.