What A Pane

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
111 Zenway Blvd, Unit 9 Vaughan ON L4H3H9
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for What A Pane

Front Entrance Transformation in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Barry and Dan at "What A Pane" custom designed a glass door insert and sidelights for our front entrance. The outcome is nothing less than fantastic. We are so enjoying the dramatic transformation. The sidelights were a challenge, requiring some creative carpentry, but Barry and Dan went above and beyond making our project affordable. From beginning to end they were professional, courteous, on time and exceeded our expectations in every way.

Job Price

Your door way looks great! As you mentioned the side windows were a challenge, as the existing ones were quite difficult to remove. So glad you like the finished product.
Barry & Dan

Darryl in Whitchurch-Stouffville
2 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Barry and his team did a fantastic job installing new glass panes and door handles for our front doors. They were very quick and professional, and the end result was exactly what we were looking for.

Highly recommended!

Job Price

Darryl, The transformation was impressive, we must admit. From a regular-looking entrance way to a grander, brighter and more inviting door way. Very kind of you to include photos with your review. Barry & Dan - What A Pane Team

lg in Vaughan

I had used What a Pane services for a back door insert when I moved into my home 9 years ago. My front door had very little light and I wanted to change that. I was happy to learn that after all that time Barry and his company were still in business and going strong.

I hired them again for this new project and was so pleased! There is so much light in the front of the house now - I keep thinking the doors are open! Wish I had done this years ago but will certainly enjoy the look for as long as I stay here.

I highly recommend this company and service - on time - clean - and they respond promptly!

LG,

Thanks. Yes, next year will be our 20th anniversary and it is wonderful when we meet up with some of our earlier customers. Your doors look great now. With the original solid doors you had, there were virtually no light in your hallway. Now you have both light and privacy. Barry What A Pane Team

Jocelyn in Toronto

Our contractor, Georges Yammine from JAG Renovations, put the wrong sidelite in our front door. First, he said I chose that sidelite (I did not, I asked for frosted, reeded or hammered and I also provided pics), then he said it was like our neighbor's (it was not - he has reeded, George put in chinchilla). Then he said it would be about half the cost of the door (~2000) and he couldn't guarantee that the finish of our brand new door would remain undamaged. I was resigned to leaving the window in, but then decided I would make some calls to window companies, which led to me to homestars and What a Pane.

I met Barry and he explained the replacement process clearly. He said it was quite easy to do and not a process as I'd been led to believe. He showed me samples and said it would be $400. He brought in the replacement and it didn't fit, so he went back and ordered another piece of glass. It was easy, cut caulking with a blade, remove glass, insert new glass, reapply caulking.

The reason I'm taking the time to write this review is because Barry was very clear and straightforward. There was absolutely no deceit. What you see is what you get. I shouldn't have to praise him for being honest - it's what all people should be. But I want this out there for others who are in my position, and relying on people to be truthful.

Jocelyn,

From the start, we understood all too clearly your frustration with your original contractor. We often have to visit home that have problems with door inserts and side windows that have been badly installed. In your case the wrong type of glass.
We are glad that you appreciate our work ethic and thank you for the review

Barry What A Pane Team

Debbie in Vaughan

Unbelievable difference in the look of our home! The work was done in 30 minutes, no mess at all! Looks awesome and we saved thousands of dollars by not having to replace our door for cosmetic reasons! Thanks Murray, soooo happy!

Job Price

Debbie, very nice of you to write this review. When customers are happy it reassures us why we are in the business. Murray What A Pane Team

Durham/Oshawa
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Over 8 years of dealing with Barry, there is a reason why!! Barry with his staff are true professional in every aspect. I call him and he comes promptly!!! He comes equipped with a beautiful selection of samples, making your choice much easier.
Very precise with every detail, leaving NO Materials behind ..
I highly recommend what a pane!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again Barry ??

Job Price

Always a pleasure working with you. you always make the perfect choice of inserts for your homes. looking forward to the next one!!! Barry

Mike

Great quality and price. Murray did very quick
install, looks awesome. Will use them again, highly recommended. Lots of choices between stained glass, wrought iron and frosted glass. Definitely will add value to your home.

Mike,

We are always expanding and improving our catalogue. Nice working with you. Murray, What A Pane Team

Niero in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Service was friendly and professional. Barry provided us a quote by taking a look at our doors when we weren't even home to give us an idea of what kind of options and pricing we were looking at. From there Barry was able to mock up a custom design based off of another design to give us the modern touch we liked. There were also some colours in the stained glass we didn't like and he provided us with a great alternative and we love how it came out. When they came in to do the work they kept the area clean and didn't leave the area a mess. The team did a great job and was worth the money.

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

Niero, It appears that Homestars has a software issue and wouldn't allow you to post the finished door photo. We are aware you tried several times but their tech support wasn't able to solve the issue.
Designing for the customer is our forte. Very enjoyable working on the adaptation we did for you. The result is spectacular and thanks for your input. Barry What A Pane Team

Manisha in Ajax
9 reviews Ajax, ON

I've used What a Pane a few years back for our new built and when I decided to gift the parents a new door insert I knew it had to be done by this company! Their work quality speaks for itself and it's an absolute pleasure to communicate with Barry as he's always prompt at responding to all inquiries. He even kept my request to have the door insert changed at an earlier time than our initial appointment as it was a Mother's day present. Thank you again, she loves her new insert!

Manisha,

It was a pleasure working with you again. I do admit the transformation was dramatic. The Destiny design is our own creation and one of our personal favourites. Barry What A Pane Team

HappyCustomers2020 in

Barry and his Team at "What A Pane" came to our home this past Saturday to Install Glass Door Inserts for our Front Entrance of our new home. Barry has been very professional from start to finish, from our first inquiry, booking the appointment, and the day of the installation. Barry and his team exceeded our expectations, they showed up on time, provided several options of different Wrought Iron inserts to choose from before starting any work and changing the glass in our front doors. We are very satisfied with his work and would highly recommend him to our friends and family. Before and After photo's shown below.

Matt & Yazz

Matt & Yazz,
Thank you for posting the photos of your entrance way in Oshawa, they really help potential customers to see the transformations we can achieve. Barry (& Dan) part of the What A Pane Team.

More about What A Pane

Say "NO" to high prices!
High Quality Wrought Iron & Stained Glass Door Inserts - Toronto GTA Area.
A door says a lot about a home and at What A Pane, we want to make sure that the first impression your guests have of your home is a lasting one.
We are one of the few companies in the GTA that have an actual business premises and showroom.

We help to add sophistication, personality and eye-catching details to your home’s front door. From stained glass to wrought iron work, What A Pane offers the best value in the GTA.

Our family operated business, established in 1998, is known for providing quality, reliable services and competitive prices. With our design experts, What A Pane continues to the number one choice for beautiful door inserts that Toronto residents love to display in their home. We offer a variety of patterns, textures and designs, so you will have plenty of choice when choosing which door suits your home the best.
Call or email us now - we answer promptly!
Nicely presented showroom now open.. See website for opening times (we are open weekends!)