Canadian Tire

bob in Saint Catharines
bob in Saint Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Product

Bought a shop full of Mastercraft tools all tools had faulty wire. Some replaced and still work fine, most killed the tool and turned them into complete garbage. Stay away from Mastercraft products Including shop heaters!

1 review Edmonton, AB

auto

work are vey very bud...spent a almost a tousand dollar then after work done
says need more money to pay to enable
to repair your car...now im suffering bad alignment of my wheel...even 2x they
did the job....now i need to pay again for wheel alignment in my dealer..people working there only tkink you pay only..they dont care about your complain...anyway the guy doing my paper works are not helping costumer bccause they want only toucto pqy and pay...dont ever go there south common canadian tire auto...they make only money..not a good service for the owner...shame on on you guys...

1 review Barrie, ON

BBQ

Purchased our BBQ and all the accessories here...there was so much to choose from but we got exactly what we wanted. The floor personnel were kind and considerate as they always are.

We are completely satisfied.

Esteban in Toronto
Esteban in Toronto

Oil Cahnge

Left my car for an oil change.. was told I was next in the work queue and service took some 40 min... I will be paged when done.
After 1 hr of walking up an down the store with my kid I decided to ask for a status...
Turns out my car was still out where I left it.. they had forgotten about it! the work order was untouched!
So basically waited 1 hr for nothing.. Never giving these people a cent of my business again.

1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Noma 60 Pint DeHumidifer

Love it. It keeps my house so comfortable. No more moisture on the ceiling. My house feels dry and comfortable. Love it So compact and portable and light weight that I can carry it to various rooms.

Jeko
Jeko

Disappointing car repair and customer service

I brought my car for oil change to this location. Several weeks later I noticed oil drips on my driveway so I brought my car to a different repair shop near my house to check it out. The mechanic inspected the car and told me that the cause of the leak is the drain bolt being overtorqued stripping the thread in the aluminum oil pan where the drain bolt fits. To repair that, the mechanic has to install an oversized drain bolt. I went back to Canadian Tire to complain about that and I brought my receipts from both Canadian Tire and the other repair shop, along with the stripped drain bolt (the stripped oil pan thread was still on the drain bolt). I tried to speak with the manager overseeing their car services department but she told me that she is not a mechanic (which I find strange given that she is supposed to oversee the work of her staff) so she brought one of the floor guys. The guy told me that the reason the oil pan thread was stripped was because of rapid temperature change and not over torquing. This is highly unlikely given that I religiously change my oil every 5k and I have never seen any signs of my engine overheating. Over torquing the drain bolt in much more probable but they did not want to even entertain that possibility.

I have been using Canadian Tire to do my car repairs for years and I have spent thousands of dollars in their stores (my last car maintenance bill was $1300). But after this experience, I will never use their services again and I will never recommend them. They seem not to take any responsibility for the work they are doing. This is highly unethical and unprofessional. I would strongly advise against using this location for your car repairs.

I have attached pictures of my invoices as well as the drain bolt as a proof (the stripped thread can be seen) .

pat sky from Old Toronto

Auto service good, but customer service poor

This store is on my way to work, but I generally do not get helpful service when I am looking for items. Sometimes staff send me to the wrong place in the store instead of asking somebody else.
However, the auto shop has better service. I had to change my windshield wiper but arrived the day computers were down. I expected to be sent away but the man at the counter offered to go and look visually for the piece. When I pulled into the garage, the manager was not happy but the salesman came out and took my windshield. he came back in 3 minutes with the right one and installed it for me. In the meantime 2 mechanics came over to ask if I needed help. After paying cash, I got into my car, and a young fellow offered to turn my car around since it was a tight spot--which I accepted. He was delighted to show his skills off, and he 10-point turn saved me a lot of turning!
So generally I go to Laird and Eglington when I need something since service is regularly better.

pat sky from Old Toronto

appliances to parts and much more

Every time I go into this Canadian Tire I always come out with what I want. The employees there are helpful and point me in the right direction. They are usually very good in answering questions and in finding that special item needed for a repair.

Staff is easy to find in that store and they give the impression they are interested in helping their customers, not like some other Can. Tires stores that just wave their arms in a vague direction when you need something.

1 review Athabasca, AB

Home appliances

I bought a four slice toaster, a hand held shower nozzle and a portable heater among other small items. They had a great sale on all the items and have knowledgeable, helpful staff; they support the community eg: donations to sports teams; the local Black Friday event. The Owner/Manager is available to talk to if need be. I highly recommend this store for most any household item you need.