Toy Box Garage

Reviews for Toy Box Garage

Bonnie in Calgary
Bonnie in Calgary

Construction of new garage

Hiring Toy Box Garage to help our community association build a storage garage on-site was the best decision I made. Jeff came out to meet with me right away and helped me come up with the most appropriate design and location. Joe completed all of the permitting paperwork and used his experience and contacts to make this process run smoothly. I was very impressed that the construction company took this task off my shoulders. (other companies would not do the permitting for me.)
When construction began, the crew on-site was amazing. They were friendly and respectful of all the foot traffic around the community center and the endless questions about what were they building? The construction site was always kept clean and secure.
Both Jeff and Joe were always available if I had questions or concerns and they were diligent about keeping me informed about what was going on or what was coming up next.
I would happily recommend Toy Box Garage to be your garage builder!
Bonnie T
CMCA Facility Manager

KLYYC in San Francisco
KLYYC in San Francisco

Double Garage

I hired Toy Box garage to build a double garage in my backyard from plans I had previously drawn up. Joe completed the job exactly as promised (on spec), on time and on budget. All costs, materials and timing of invoices were clearly identified up front with no surprises along the way. Would certainly re-hire and recommend.

Mic Loschuk in Toronto
Mic Loschuk in Toronto

Garage 24X24X9

I had 24X24X9 double detached garage build about a year ago by Toy Box Garage. I had contacted multiple garage builders before starting this project. Joe from Toy Box Garage was the first to get back to me and set up an appointment for a quote. Very friendly man and easy to work with. I told him what I was looking for and my price range. He laid out all my options in detail with all the pricing included. He took the time to ensure everything was done right and to my expectation. I have waiting a year to write this review in order to see if any problems would arise after all was said and done. Happy to say the only issue I have had is a small chunk of siding came loose after a heavy wind storm. I emailed Joe who replied to me within the day and repaired the siding that week. Not only do I have the peace of mind that these guys build exceptional garages but if I do have any issues down the road they will be quick to rectify the issue.

James Campbell  in Calgary
James Campbell in Calgary

Garage construction

I hired Toy Box Garage after talking with about 10 other contractors. Joe with Toy Box was the only one of them who showed up on time and prepared for his meetings. The garage was completed on time and on budget and has exceeded expectations. Joe is practical and is a no B.S. kind of contractor. His crew did a spectacular job. The crew was ahead of schedule, which was great! Punctual and great value for the product. Would hire these guys again in a heartbeat.

Shannon H in Calgary
Shannon H in Calgary

Garage

I hired Joe and Jeff to build me a new detached garage. They were wonderful to deal with throughout the entire process. The crew they had as well as the trades guys were very friendly and took a lot of pride in their work. The end result was above and beyond what I expected. I would highly recommend Toy Box Garage to anyone looking to build.

Matt Green  in Calgary
Matt Green in Calgary

Calgary Garage Addition

I hired Joe and Jeff to put an addition on an existing 24x24 garage. All renovations have their challenges, including this one, but these guys hit a home run. They seamlessly integrated the addition into the existing building - it looks fantastic. Pricing was very fair and overall I got excellent value for my money.

The project was completed on-time (actually earlier than promised), on-budget, quality was fantastic, no building code issues, and minimal stress for me. Joe and Jeff do most of the work themselves, and where sub-contractors are involved, Joe/Jeff are very engaged to supervise (for example, concrete work and roofing). Their sub-contract electrician (Kris - Amplified Electric) is very knowledgeable and has lots of good ideas to integrate into a project.

As some other reviewers have mentioned, you need to plan for a reasonable timeline because Toybox is a small company and they are very busy. Just book them early, and it will work out fine - these guys are real professionals, you won't regret working with them.

Donna M. Hoff & Larry Pegoraro in Calgary
Donna M. Hoff & Larry Pegoraro in Calgary

Garage Build (24 X 24)

Larry and I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Joe and Jeff and their team for the fantastic efforts made in the successful completion of an amazing 24' X 24'garage complete with 3' retaining walls, stairs, and an attic for storage. It was a pleasure to work with professional contractors and subcontractors who operate with integrity, knowledge of code, and particularly attention to fine detail. It is nice to see a business take pride in completing projects to the highest possible quality and showing commitment to the project. Please express our appreciation to the whole of your team who worked on this garage. As we move forward from this build, your excellent performance will not be forgotten and you can be sure that we will think of your team well into the future complete with recommendations. We are so happy to give our vehicles a HOME!!

Eileen in Calgary
Eileen in Calgary

Garage Builders - Great service

We just had a garage built with ToyBox and are very happy with the quality of the work and attention to details. Very pleased with the result. Joe and Jeff are very knowledgeable about the city building codes and requirements. We did a couple of upgrades and the whole process went very smoothly. We had some delays because it was hard for them to find a siding that matched our house siding (~20 years old) but they managed to find it and the garage seems like it was built at the same time as the house! I compare our garage with others in the neighbourhood and ours is far superior. I strongly recommend them.

Todd McNutt from Calgary
Todd McNutt from Calgary

Garage

We couldn't have asked for a better, more professional experience. From day one to completion Joe and his crew were a pleasure to deal with. The end product is a true 'Toy Box' that we will enjoy for years to come. I wouldn't hesitate to hire 'Toy Box' Garage again. Thanks Joe!

Tara from Calgary
Tara from Calgary

Garage

My sister and I (we live next door to each other), hired toy box to build our garages back when Jeff worked there. We had little contact with Joe. The process was good and Jeff built us two great garages with some unusual features. I have posts on my garage for a shade deck and arranged with them to have the posts wrapped in white columns. I asked them about time as it might be years to get my garage deck completed. Jeff assured me they would come back whenever I was ready and finish. I was not allowed to hold back the money for the columns, they threatened finance charges. When I called them to finish my columns, Joe said he would look into it. He would not let me have Jeff's cell phone number. He did not call back as promised and has not returned my many messages. This company built us great garages but I am giving them a very poor review for not finishing the project and TAKING MY $2,000!!! Beware.