Mold Busters

613-262-3242
655 Richmond Rd #29
Ottawa
K2A 3Y3

I rarely post reviews, but this time I really have to, because I was blown away with such a professional approach my family got from Mold Busters inspectors. All the props for their customer support and experienced technicians. We really didn't have any clue about mold and how it should be treated, but now we feel really enlighten. After we got our safe and clean from mold, we got honest recommendations and tips how to prevent any mold in future. Such things can be paid! A+ and totally recommended!

Mold inspection and remediation

My wife and I are very impressed with Mold Busters Ottawa service! We were buying a home and home inspector found "mold" in the attic. Our real estate agent dealt with Mold Busters in the past, so we followed his recommendation. Mold Busters answered the phone immediately and scheduled us in for the same day. Inspector's name was Charlie and he was extremely knowledgeable. We received our estimate about 20 minutes after he left. The estimate was accepted and the job was started the next day. Mold was remediated and tests verified that. Very impressive for a service industry !!!

It was a pleasure to help you!

Guy
Guy
1 review Gatineau, QC

Testing for Mold after Flood

We hired JM and Charles to do testing for mold after the major flood we had a few weeks ago. They were very quick to show up the same day and provided outstanding service. Results were provided the next day with full explanation of the findings. I'm so glad we had no mold found! Thank you very much Mold Busters

Always a pleasure to help such a nice person!

rhalili in Ottawa
rhalili in Ottawa

Mold inspection

We were selling our home, home inspector found "mold" and we needed mold inspection asap. Mold Busters provided same day visual scope of work inspection, included on-the-spot test and provided report the same day. This saved my real-estate sale and made many people very happy! Highly recommend.

So glad we could help. It's very common mistake when home inspector finds discolouration and markes it as mold on report without testing.

Vincent
Vincent
1 review Gatineau, QC

Mold removal in basement

I woke up with a flood in my basement after a heavy rain. A friend had recommended Mold Busters and they were very quick to respond. Jean-Marc was at my place in less than an hour and provided a comprehensive mold inspection. Using thermal imaging camera we were able to find the source of the water infiltration and were able to figure out remediation steps. Thank you so much!

It was a pleasure to help Vincent!

Project

I hired on blockbusters to help with our issue with a musty smell in our basement, they were quick to respond and was a pleasure dealing with them! Safe to say no more moldy basement and in the end we saved a substantial amount of money! Thanks again Nick and Andre!

Thank you for good feedback! Let us know if you have any other issues.

guesshe in Ottawa
guesshe in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Worst visual inspection, unprofessional quote

Worst visual inspection ever and they charge 50CAD+HST for 5mins visual inspection. The guy came in with a flashlight and a mold tester. Stayed in my basement for 5mins, took a mold sample and then quoted me for 3500CAD for mold removal and disinfect. During the phone call, I said clearly I know there is a mold problem and what I want is professional level advise on how serious the problem is and what are the different methods I can take. The guy who came in never tried to look at other areas of my basement, only one part of basement wall. This looks to me is a joke. Removing insulation and vapor barrier was quoted for 1750CAD. If you buy material from HD, the maximum you spent would be 200CAD. I should have trusted Home Star's review. Don't trust Google review.

Mr. He,
As a family-operated business, we pride ourselves on working with our clients and providing them with the best possible solutions to their indoor environmental concerns.
We’re sorry to learn that you were left dissatisfied with our services.
On our end, we wish you would have given us a call, or sent us an email to explain the dissatisfaction in your expectations of the services we rendered. We’re in this business to work with people; not against them.
To learn about this situation through a public forum, without any opportunity to amend, refund, or explain our process is a little upsetting.
We provided an appointment for you within 24-hours of your call during the holiday season, dispatched a certified mold inspector with over 10 years of experience, conducted an instant mold swab analysis, and sent you an official estimate within an hour of the appointment.
If the estimate was too high, or the fast, next-day service not as expected, we would love to have had an opportunity to work with you in finding an amicable resolution.
We could have negotiated the price, issued a refund, or at the very least, help you to better understand the cost breakdown of the estimate itself. And all of this could have been done with a quick phone call!

We’re still here to help, whenever needed.

Best regards,
MB

Rob & Deb in Rockliffe Park
Rob & Deb in Rockliffe Park

IMPRESSIVE SERVICE!!!

We had an undetectable leak from our basement toilet that went on for years. We recently discovered it when water started to come up from the floor cracks. Insurance was doing their usual avoidance dance. The smell of sewage was awful and we were scared about our health.

Our experience with Mold Busters (bullet list)

1. Could not get a hold of any other company. Had to leave messages, never got calls back, and those we did manage to speak to were horribly unprofessional.

2. Sent Mold Busters an email through their website after hours and got a reply in less than 10 minutes. They called us the next day during business hours.

3. Spoke to Mold Busters, and they answered our questions professionally and with obvious knowledge/experienced. We booked them to come over the same day for an inspection, which cost $75.

4. The technician called us on his way to our home to say he would be 10 minutes early, and if that was ok. Again, WOW. Early, and courteous. He arrived in an unmarked car and was very well dressed.

5. Polite inspector, who took more time than probably necessary to answer all of our questions and concerns. Thoroughly explained what was happening, what needed to happen, and gave us tips to help mitigate the problem in the interim.

6. They sent us an estimate the same day! The price was a little staggering at first ($4000), but we were confident that they were the right people. We accepted the quote, and scheduled the work for the following day.

7. The "crew" arrived on time the next morning, and were all polite. No marked vehicles and all very professional. We left for work, and came home to a completed project. They even cleaned our main level (although it was unaffected).

8. The basement area was IMMACULATE, and the sewage odors - gone! The had to remove more floor and drywall materials than they had planned, but it did not change the price, which we were surprised to hear. Very impressive.

9. A few days later, the same original inspector came back to follow up and take some air samples. The results came back about 4 days later, and we were good!

All in all, this was our first time dealing with a "mold removal" company. We didn't really know where to turn, or what to expect, especially after insurance blew us off.

This is a great company with probably the most friendly employees I have ever met. They took care of everything and really put our stressed-out minds at ease. Everything about them was top notch. Highly, highly recommend.

This means alot to us! Thank you very much for a good review.

1 review Montreal, QC

Air Quality test

Hired this company to do an air quality test. On the phone they explained the process which included how the testing will be done and what kind of reports they will give me. All sounded well and they confirmed that I would be getting the results of the test within a few days and then the additional report for diagnostics with a week as well. Needless to say, 5 weeks later, I still have not received the report. I called them numerous times as well as emailed them. By email they stopped replying to me and by phone they finally said that I am considered low priority to them and the report will be done "when it's done". So who knows what that means and if I will ever get the report. Very unprofessional company that does not keep their work nor respect their own time frames. Avoid this company, they are not serious and once you pay them, they will treat you like they dont care about you. I'm mostly dissappointed in myself, for hiring this company, since I had found a few others that I was considering but finally settled on this one with hopes I was making the right choice. Also note, they told me they would come with a professional infrared thermal camera. Charles showed up with a $250 camera accessory that straps onto his cell phone. NOT exactly the $12,000 professional camera they made it sound it was. And worst of all, I HAVE the same accessory for my iphone....

As we worked to resolve the problem, turns out the results were sent right away but were in clients junk box. Not fair that 0 star feedback was left as we provided service right away and client was super happy.

NT D in Kanata
NT D in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Hiring this company to remove mold became my worst nightmare

I hired Mold Busters to remove mold from my basement and they did an absolutely terrible job. They had to come back 2 times to correct the job and even after that it's still terrible. The first time after their project completion, we did a visual inspection and I still see some areas of active mold so they had to come back the next day to remove the mold. I thought after that it was all good but I was wrong cause on further inspection I found that they did not HEPA vacuum the wood dust that was form from their wirebrushing, that got collected on the horizontal rim joist. I called them back again and this time Charles came to do the job and he promised to HEPA vacuum all the horizontal bars of the rim joist and disinfect the whole basement again. But as it turns out that there were quite a number of areas that he didn't vacuum. I didn't call them back again for the third time cause by this time I just completely gave up on this company. Now I have to look for another company they will correct this mess that they created. These people are very unprofessional and do not know how to remove mold properly. You are better of doing it yourself then hire a company like this cause you will end up with more mold spreading in your home. If I can give them a negative star I would.

Post-remediation samples were collected, and analysed by an independent laboratory that verified that there is no contamination issue. A 3-year work warranty was also provided upon completion of the project, and if she feels that the work wasn't done properly, as it states in the warranty, we can come back at no additional charge to re-assess.
I find it unfair that her perception of how the work was done has manifested itself in a review, although the laboratory data paints a different picture. I also find it unfair that the client is not taking advantage of the work warranty that came with the project contract, and giving us the opportunity to satisfy her requests.

More about Mold Busters

We are a local family-owned & operated Mold Removal and Environmental Air Quality Solutions Provider, servicing the Ottawa-Gatineau, Montreal & Toronto Regions since 2005. We Specialize In Residential, Commercial & Industrial work for such services as Mold Inspections & Testing; Mold Removal, Remediation & Abatement; Indoor Air Quality Inspections, Testing ...