Cassidy's Air Duct Cleaning Inc

baboustead in Whitby
baboustead in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Duct cleaning & Aeroseal

We took advantage of a combination cleaning and sealing of our ducts. The cleaning was completed quickly and provided few surprises.
The sealing was a longer process but we were pleased with the care and attention provided by cassidys team. We have noticed better airflow from several vents and the tests showed a reduction from 273.7cfm leakage to 10.7cfm. We look forward to seeing this reflected in future gas & hydro bills.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Air Ducts

We've hired this company several times to clean our ducts. They did do the cleaning quickly and the air smelled nice coming from the vents when they were finished.
We had a couple of vents where the airflow was much less than other vents in the house. Upon investigation the technician found lunchbags, pieces of 2x4 wood and crumpled cardboard shoved in the vents by the various contractors our home builder hired. I was disgusted by the behaviour of the tradesmen but nothing I can do about it so long after the fact. We still have some vents which seem clogged with stuff. Time to get them cleared.

Review has 1 previous version
S.Santos from Ajax
S.Santos from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Duct and aeroseal

We had our duct cleaned and aeroseal done by this company. The owner Gerry was a nice guy, always had a smile on his face but in my opinion lack technical knowledge when it came to how customers are supposed to understand a step by step details. I called another aeroseal company, the gentleman I spoke to was knowledgeable and provided a thorough explanation. I decided to go with Gerry - Cassidy duct cleaning company because he said he had free duct cleaning for the month of July. I told Gerry another company will charge $1495 for aeroseal and Gerry would charge me $1600 plus free duct cleaning. When Gerry and his assistant came, they cleaned the ducts fast. They were in our house for 1.5 hr but the actual duct cleaning didn't take that long. When Another duct company cleaned our ducts October 2014, their crews were at my house working for almost 3.5 hrs. They even sealed and covered all the vents. But with Gerry, none of the vents were sealed and covered. I asked Gerry why the vents weren't covered when he cleaned the ducts , he said "it was done properly" " trust me" and I trusted him and took his word for it. I was disappointed with the duct cleaning and also because they left a mess. Some of the vents had dusts and small cement granules. This was Friday, then they came back Monday to aeroseal the duct work. It took the whole day to complete the job. From 930 til 6 pm. It was very inconvenient for the family with 3 yr old and 7 months baby. I had to leave while my husband was at home with the crew to supervised. What made it worse, when it was time to pay for the service , Gerry said he doesn't have his credit card payment set up, and he's only accepting cash or cheque. All other companies allows customers to pay via various methods of payment. The other thing , I'm upset about is the disrespect for the house. They should have taken their shoes off or wore shoe cover when entering in and out of the house. I had to mop the floor after because of dirt from their shoes . They had big equipments to bring in and they scratched the wall and the paint from the wall came off. The assistant wasn't careful when he removed the foam from the master bedroom vent and he might have accidently pulled the curtain and the curtain rod came off. So on top of a long hot day, I had to clean up the mess they left and my husband had to repair the curtain rod from the master bedroom and touch up the paint job by the stairwell. As for aeroseal result , in our opinion there's not much difference. The front of the house which was getting a lot of air flow to begin with has more air coming out from the vent , while the back of the house is the problem ( there's little air coming out from the vent) is now getting some but overall, there's not much improvement. Although the aeroseal computerized report indicated that the ducts are now sealed by 96%, we still don't noticed the difference. Overall, disappointed with the whole experience from Customer service and product service. We will see how the aeroseal Delivers air flow in winter time. After all Gerry said satisfaction guarantee ! Unfortunately, I would not recommend this company.