Victorian Restoration Co

Victorian Restoration Co

Reviews for Victorian Restoration Co

Nathan in toronto
Nathan in toronto

Textured brick, cleaning and tuck pointing.

I had the front of my house cleaned and tuck pointed by Bill and his dad (very small job - 1 story brick). As people, they really are great. As contractors I find myself making too many excuses for them because I like them as people.

Bottom line: I can't recommend them. This job was clearly rushed and I am left feeling like an obstacle between them and a bigger project.

Pros:
-Very likeable guys.
-Always returned phone calls.
-Brick colour turned out great.
-Mortar colour they selected compliments brick perfectly.

Cons:
-The Job was rushed, corners were cut (in and out in well under 1/2 day).
-Mortar work is inconsistent and sloppy.
-Damaged my brand new, custom milled, hand railing (tool marks and chemical spillage).
-Scratched paint off aluminum window flashing.
-Left a very big mess. They came back a week later to clean up but not thoroughly.
-Too many excuses.

It was an attractive quote, they had good HomeStars reviews and the competition even recommended them. Not sure what happened here but I did not get the same level of care the other reviews did.

I'm disappointed that I paid to have this done and now I need to spend a weekend chiseling excess mortar out of textured brick and refinishing handrails when another hour or two of prep, cleanup and care would have made the difference.

I appreciate the response, although absolutely false and misleading.
I had a meeting with the homeowner listened carefully to his needs and wants, we agreed upon a price and we started the job earlier than previously planned. Prior to starting the project I explained some issues that I had with the home owner, the windows being brand new I told the home owner that I would cover them witch I did, the damage was done peeling the tape of of the aluminum window, almost impossible to avoid.
As to the sloppy brick work I explained to the homeowner unless you grind and re point a rug textured brick you will not get a smooth finished joint, this was explained on numerous occasions and thought to be understood!
The custom milled hand railed done by the homeowner himself were beautiful and well protected by us prior to washing, unfortunately there is no way we can completely keep out water run off from getting to them 100%.
The clean up was done properly with broom and brush vigorously prior to us leaving the site, I explained that we can not wash up immediately after because the mortar was still wet and we did not want to get it wet causing the mortar to run and ruin.
After the job was completed the homeowner was ecstatic and thrilled on the outcome of the job and even discussed bringing us back to do more work on the side of the house.
At every step of this project the homeowner was brought up to speed on what was going on, we completed this job in a timely manner and provided quality workmanship and expertise, even came back after we received a phone call regarding some clean up issues, and power washed the whole site down completely again.
In a way I appreciate this negative review because nobody is perfect.
We here at Victorian Restoration over the last 31 years of service to some amazing people take pride in our work and strive to offer the best
service and quality workmanship every day.
It's unfortunate that this inconsistent and inappropriate portrayal of our company from a disgruntled and confused consumer leaves me confused and upset because 31 years in the industry and our previous reviews prove us to be better than how we were portrayed in this ill advised review.

Tamara in Trinity-Bellwoods
Tamara in Trinity-Bellwoods

Brick paint removal/ cleaning + Tuck pointing

Initial meeting the contractor was punctual,informative and gave us an accurate Quote. Work was performed on time and kept our front yard neat and clean. We are very satisfied with the results. We weren't home when they left the house, Bill followed-up with call to check if we were satisfied - nice touch.
Highly recommend their work! Thanks

CA in Hillcrest Village
CA in Hillcrest Village

Brick restoration

Bill always showed up on time, was helpful and accurate in his assessment on the work that needed to be done on my house. He was flexible and agreeable to working with me and answering all my questions.I would gladly call Bill to do more for me.

Dana in the Junction, Toronto
Dana in the Junction, Toronto

Tuck pointing and paint removal on exterior brick

My partner and I highly recommend Victorian Restoration Co, which was recommended by a neighbour who had gotten estimates from nine brick repair companies before choosing this father and son operation. Bill Eggonidis and his Dad have been in business since 1979 and it shows. Bill answered all of our questions, explained exactly what he would do in his quote (which was very reasonable), gave us the addresses of previous exterior work he had done, and came when he said he would. They did a beautiful job of removing the paint from the front exterior of our brick building, cleaned the brick, and replaced damaged brick with perfect matches. Neighbours we hardly know have commented on how great it looks. Moreover, long after we had paid them, we called Bill to ask where they had gotten the replacement bricks they used. Not only did he call us back, Bill dropped by with a sample brick!

More about Victorian Restoration Co

Victorian Restoration Co are Historical Century Home Specialists!

Brick & Stone Cleaning - Tuck Pointing Brick Repair - Paint Removal - Pressure Washing
Fully Licensed & Insured - All Work Guaranteed

Our goal is to preserve and meticulously restore Toronto's heritage, historical and brick homes throughout the greater Toronto area.
We provide the proper expertise, knowledge and the skills in order to help preserve and restore Toronto's Residential and commercial Buildings.
Victorian Restoration works closely with Toronto's Historical Board and homeowners with one goal in mind: to properly Restore and preserve Toronto's beautiful and unique brick buildings to their past beauty.

Masonry & Bricklaying and Tuck Pointing
Brick Cleaning, Tuck Pointing , Brick Repair
--Brick Cleaning Paint Removal-- Pressure washing with a mixture of our specially formulated biodegradable brick cleaning solution to remove atmospheric carbon and dirt stains from brick and stone surfaces without causing damage to existing surfaces, restoring brick and stone to its original beauty. --Brick Repair Tuck pointing-- The mortar joint plays a significant role in the structure and structural integrity of the wall. It holds the bricks together, it bears the compressive weight of the wall just as the bricks, and it keeps water out of the wall. It is also the weak link in the brick wall system because if water is allowed to get past the mortar and into the wall, brick failure may occur such as cracking or popping (spalling). We can completely restore mortar joints by grinding out all existing mortar joints and replacing with new or spot point where needed throughout the brick structure to fill up any holes and cracks to stop any further damage from occurring. Bricks replacement is a necessary maintenance procedure on any home, bricks are cut out and replaced with new or reclaimed brick to match existing shape colour texture and size.
Brick Cleaning