1120 Castlefield Avenue Toronto ON M6B 1E9
Home Improvement People Inc.

Reviews for Home Improvement People Inc.

Hallsport
Hallsport

Basement and Front Entrance Renovation, Flood Repair

Following extensive online research and several contractor interviews, my husband and I settled on the Home Improvement People. Elia provided an estimate to renovate two large rooms in the basement as well as the front entrance. He answered all our questions and gave us confidence that HIP was the right choice. That was in the summer of 2017.
After a false start with a team that wasn’t the right fit for us, Chris came on board to head a team that did a masterful job of completely gutting our partially renovated basement and finishing it. Among other things, this included asbestos floor removal, floor levelling to ready for tile, and electrical for pot lights. Along the way, several changes were made to the initial scope of the project. We asked that a number of doors upstairs be replaced. Elia accommodated these requests and Haydee in the office tracked them carefully. We were delighted with the finished basement, front entrance, and doors.
In the summer of 2018, heavy rainfall flooded several houses in our neighbourhood, including our basement. We called Elia again. A flood event is distressing; he understood and put our minds at rest. We asked if Chris was available to make the repairs. There wasn’t sufficient work for an entire team, but Chris came every day for several weeks to complete the job himself. What an efficient and skilled worker. The site was tidied each evening. The basement looks fabulous again!
We are grateful for contractors like the HIP who are reliable, do excellent work, and are pleasant. Once the budget is set, there are no hidden extras. Thank you, HIP! Your crew members are tops!

Oh my! What a review! We will pass on the compliments to Chris, Elia and the rest of the crew.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us.

Melanie from Toronto
Melanie from Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

416-782-7605
1120 Castlefield Avenue
Toronto
M6B 1E9

I wanted to create an open concept space featuring a brand new kitchen. A wall had to be taken down and I had concerns about the structure.

I started with a very patient creative kitchen designer who listened and created a superb drawing complete with a rendering of the finished kitchen would look like. I am amazed how much the finished product looks like that drawing. It really helps with planning.

It did take a while for construction to begin but when it did, it proceeded without a hitch. Even the discovery, testing and elimination of a small piece of asbestos didn't slow us down. All credit for this goes to Project Manager Larry who manages his crews the way an air traffic controller might manage planes in the air. Larry is on it! He usually knows and if something goes wrong, he will tell the contractors about it.

Everyone who came into my home was a nice person. All introduced themselves and answered my sometimes many questions. I always knew who was in my home. Larry has worked with these people for 18 years and it shows. They love working with him and the quality of the work is OUTSTANDING.

I will say that that I paid a bit more than I wanted to for this project but I feel given the quality and the smooth progress, it was worth it. There was no doubt and very little frustration given that your safe place--your home--is under construction.

If you have a job that requires multiple trades and might be a bit complex, you can count on these folks to manage it right. You can also count on top notch design services. Thanks all, you are most welcome at my enormous kitchen island.

Thank you Melanie!
We will be sure to share this with Larry, Charlotte and the team!

KenTO
KenTO

Basement Renovation and Exterior Painting

416-782-7605
1120 Castlefield Avenue
Toronto
M6B 1E9

I had major water damage in my basement, with the carpet needing to come out and drywall needing to be repaired. I also needed the outside of my house painted. Dealing with Elia and Danny and his crew was a real pleasure. I was late getting the basement getting cleaned out and delays were my fault, but Danny was very accommodating with his schedule. They did a great job and finished quickly, putting in new laminate flooring and repairing the walls and painting. I have a large basement so the flooring was a lot of work, but they finished quickly and efficiently. I'm really loving my "man-cave." I really recommend these guys and will definitely use them for future jobs.

Thank you so much Ken! We are happy we were able to help!

All the best,

Ben & Adam

Mike from DUMP THIS!
Mike from DUMP THIS!

Bathroom basement

My home was built in the early 50’s. So when I started to gut the basement bathroom, I was overwhelmed with all the rot that I found. The bathroom was probably built in the 70’s and it smelled bad, so I thought I’d have a go at renovating it. The framing was completely rotten. Needless to say this was way above my skill set. After calling company after company, The Home Improvement people we’re the only ones who actually took time to show up and give me a quote. I was impressed by there knowledge and quick diagnosis of letting me know that the shower was built without a “pan” and that’s what caused all of the rot. The results are beautiful. Not only did they do what they said they were going to do, they saved me time and money on specialized tools that they have, that I would have to go out and buy and probably ise only once. Plus they freed up my weekends. Thank you Elia, Charlotte and Gerhart.

Thank you Mike for this amazing review!
Happy Holidays!

Mark Guiliano from Etobicoke
Mark Guiliano from Etobicoke

Whole Home Renovation

We had a few quotes for our fixer upper home. HIP weren’t the cheapest but were fair in their quote. But really, the only reason why we chose to proceed with the HIP was because of Elia. He was very knowledgeable about what the house needed, extremely thorough, and very responsive. If we had any problem, one email to Elia and it was solved. The HIP hired Caio and his crew to complete the renovations and we were very pleased with the outcome. Everything looks professionally done and everyone says our home looks brand new.

Hi Mark,

We are so thrilled that you are enjoying your recently completed renovation. Thanks again for the opportunity to work in your home.

Cathy in Mississauga
Cathy in Mississauga

Basement Renovation

We did a few quotes for our basement. Then we meet Eli from Home Improvement People who helped us realize this is the company for us. Eli introduced us to Chris our contractor. Chris is an all around awesome guy. He is very clean with his work. Very professional with all the steps from demo to framing, drywall, painting etc. He organized and communicated well with us with all the trades that worked on our basement. He is a true gem in the professional world. Which is hard to find. Somebody that takes pride in his work. I will definitely recommend him and all his crew to others. We look forward in hiring Chris for future projects in our home. All Our Best Cathy. Ken & Dale

Thank you Cathy, Ken & Dale!

Chris takes great pride in his work and is definitely an all around awesome guy! Thank you so much.

Ralph in Toronto
Ralph in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation - Thank You !!!!

All I can say is a VERY GENUINE thank you to the team !!!
We had hired a contractor that ended up going bankrupt and had gutted our bathroom and disappeared. We called many companies that were unable to help us quickly - but Elias understood our plight and jumped to help us with the owners support.
Gerhart, Nadia, John and Elvis arrived like the army rolling in and fixed, completed and made us feel important us customers. Their professionlism, expertise, empathy and true pride in their jobs were what we always were looking for - we felt important again after being treated so poorly by the first contractor.
The most important thing I can say - is if you are considering this contractor to do what you want and care with pride about what they are doing - you are picking the right one !!!
Thanks Gerhart, Nadia, John and Elvis - you literally saved our home and made us feel that people do care !!!!!! Thank you !!!!!

Hi Ralph!

And a very genuine thank you to you for posting this amazing review which really encapsulates our team and everything we try to accomplish on a daily basis.
We really appreciate these wonderful words and thank you for taking the time to write your review.
All the best,

Paul Mullen in Ottawa
Paul Mullen in Ottawa

Major Condominium Renovation

I have spent my whole career in the Risk Management field. This is relevant as when making the decision on a renovation contractor, I did not ask for competing quotes. I chose the HIP based on recommendations made by radio station 1010 and HIP awards and reviews. HIP did not let me down.

From the first contact with Ben, to discussions with designer Charlotte and interactions with project manager Larry, the experience was phenomenal. Communication was encouraged and they were available at all hours to answer my questions. The project was completed on time and on budget and the stress level was minimal. The workmanship exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to recommend HIP to anyone.

We love our new home, thanks HIP

Thank you Paul!

We love that you love your new home and we are grateful that we played a role. Thank you for this wonderful review.

Terrence in Toronto
Terrence in Toronto

Condo Renovation

With my overall vision to guide them, HIP took my preferences and tastes and with the assistance of their professional designer, turned what used to be an old ordinary condo unit, into a stunningly luxurious designer masterpiece. It is truly a transformed space, and a sight to behold. it is just beautiful. I absolutely love it!

Thank you so much Terrence. And thank you for sending us some pictures after you moved back in. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Ben
Ben

Home Reno

From start to finish the Home Improvement Team were a pleasure to work with. Efficiency, quality and keeping our home clean was a top priority for them from the beginning.

Thank you so much Ben. We very much appreciate!

Ben & Dan

More about Home Improvement People Inc.

The Home Improvement People have completed literally thousands of renovations since our inception. We are a unique award winning contracting company, consulted by various media as industry experts.
Please view our website at homeimprovementpeople.com to view images of some of our projects.
For our clients' convenience, we've implemented progress billing as well as financing.
Regardless of scope, we approach every single home renovation with a foundation of strong design aesthetics, comprehensive product options, sound project management, and a commitment to craftsmanship.

Our projects range from remodelled bathrooms and kitchens, to rear additions, hardwood flooring, basements, second story additions and other extensive renovations. We undertake work in all budget ranges.

Choosing a reputable contractor is the most important decision you will make regarding your renovation. From plans and permits, to last little finishing details, The Home Improvement People is committed to completing your renovations and home improvements in a professional manner and to your complete satisfaction.
We take pride in our personalized service and our high quality workmanship.
Call us for quality, insured work - completed on time, and on budget.
905-760-7607.