Vinyl Window Designs Ltd

Reviews for Vinyl Window Designs Ltd

James Gray
James Gray
0 reviews Sprucedale, ON

Fantastic service on my casement windows

Last year I purchased windows from VWD. The windows have been fantastic and have great build quality. After installing the windows I noticed that the lights (muntins) were slightly off. After notifying the company, VWD sent two technicians north to adjust my windows. Mark and Loren were fantastic, fast, easy to get along with and followed covid regulations. They made my windows look perfect before I knew it!

I would recommend VWD to everyone.

Hi James!

Thank you very much for such a positive review, we are so happy to hear about your experience with our VWD service team! VWD service technicians are factory trained so they understand every aspect going into our windows. We will let them know they did such a wonderful job.

Private User reviews Webbwood, ON

window warrantee

I am writing to comment on your serviceman here at my home this past week to attend to a window problem. Loren was very thorough and knowledgeable and completed the job with experience and professionalism. Thank you.

We are so happy to hear about your experience with VWD service, we strive to ensure our customers have the best possible experience. Our service team is well trained and educated to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Mark Toljagic in Scarborough
Mark Toljagic in Scarborough

Warranty repair done right!

Steve and Sammy came to our home first thing in the morning to replace a triple-pane window panel that was delaminating from the inside. They were a little early (which we anticipated) and extremely proficient and super tidy. The window panel was replaced in 30 minutes with no fuss and no mess!

The pair worked quickly and quietly, and what really surprised me is that they did not damage the interior window frame in any way. I was expecting to touch it up with white trim paint, but there were no marks. Unbelievable!

We just wanted to express our thanks to Steve and Sammy for their hard work and professional service. They are excellent ambassadors for your brand and we will be recommending VWD to our friends.

Diane and Al from Ottawa
Diane and Al from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Honouring Life Time Warranty

Since November 2019 I’ve been attempting to have VWD honour their Lifetime Warranty by replacing a defective sealed glass unit.
Place of residence is Orleans, Ontario which is just outside Ottawa.
After repeated texts, telephone and emails with their Service Department/Manager the work has not been completed.
I totally understand what COVID has created but surely over almost 18 months our issue would have been addressed and work completed.
So much for Warranty when a company won’t honour their commitment.
Cheers. Alcide Belanger

Hi Diane,

I appreciate your review in our service department, I can assure you we are doing everything in our power to ensure everyone's services are looked after. I would like to discuss this in more detail with you and get this resolved ASAP. Please send us an email at info@vinylwindowdesigns to discuss further details on this and we will get to the bottom of this.

Vinyl Window Designs.

Cynthia in Lunenburg
Cynthia in Lunenburg
0 reviews Chester, NS

TOTALLY UNSATIFIED! Manufacturer does not stand behind warrenty

My house is 16 years old it was custom built with VWD windows. I have 13 popped window panes that need to be replaced. When I called Toronto Head Office Customer Service to inquire about the warranty I was told there is nothing they could do for me as they don't ship windows to Nova Scotia. The windows were purchased in Burnside, Nova Scotia! This is the worst customer service I have ever received! DON'T BUY VWD windows as they DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR WARRANTY!! I was told to check with the installer ...the installer is not the manufacturer and will not replace the glass window panes that were properly installed!!!

Hi Cynthia,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with trying to complete a service request. At VWD we stand by our warranty, It's everything we stand by, and why we've been able to be in business for over 30 years! Our warranty claims that all warranty parts must be picked up at our manufacturing plant in Toronto ON, or the closest authorized VWD dealer/distributor. We currently have no active dealers in Nova Scotia, meaning, we are unable to ship you the glass for your replacement windows. It's an unfortunate circumstance but there is nothing we can do. Shipping glass by an external shipping company risks the units not arriving in one piece. Please understand our decision on this. I recommend trying to contact the contractor who installed your windows to get them replaced. VWD will help with any information you require to replace your units.

Edit: Cynthia, please contact us at info@vinylwindowdesigns.com so we can discuss this issue further and alleviate the situation.

Private User reviews Ennismore, ON

Warranty not worth the paper it’s written on

We purchased 5 triple glazed windows two years ago, the inside glass of the three is not exposed to elements from outside or inside the house. The middle glass has developed a crack from the top and progressing diagonally down towards the opposite bottom corner. This is not through misuse or any fault of ours yet they refuse to work with us to replace it. They have only supplied the size specifications to us to go on our own to find someone to replace the glass. If we do that, the seal will be broken and the warranty, such that it is, only covers the vinyl and the seal? What kind of reputable company leaves clients twisting in the wind like this, not knowing what to do? Terrible to take peoples money, tell them they have a warranty, then say, oh but that isn’t covered? Please be aware that this is how much they care about their reputation and their customers:(

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting Vinyl Window Designs and bringing this issue to our attention, VWD has been in business for over 30 years and I can assure you we stand by our warranty. We want all of our customers to have confidence in our windows and our warranty. I would love to speak to you further about this so we can do everything we can to get resolve this, please contact us at info@vinylwindowdesigns.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Private User reviews Windsor, ON

Kitchen window and patio door

Need new window and patio door in kitchen. Loved the options including the 4mm glass window. We decided on the mini-blinds between the glass for both the kitchen window and patio door. Couldn't be more satisfied - great quality, style and function

Hi there, thank you very much for such a positive review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with our product and dealer! Thank you for choosing VWD!

Private User reviews London, ON

Windows

Excellent customer service, great communication and product is awesome.
Will recommend VWD to anyone looking for a high quality product at a comparable price.
TheUltra hidden window screen is one of the neatest ideas I have seen for windows

We are so happy to hear about your experience with VWD's customer service! Our Ultra series patented roll screen is a great way to have an unobstructed view of your windows! We hope you enjoy them for many years to come. Thank you for leaving a positive review!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Service

A VWD service technician visited our home recently to assess a condensation issue with one of our sliding windows. Samy was prompt and communicated with us in a very respectful and educated manner. He was very knowledgeable and clearly answered all our questions and expediently fixed a couple of other minor problems. We were impressed that Samy respected our safety during this pandemic by wearing a mask and gloves and physical distancing. I would highly recommend Samy and we look forward to having him install the replacement window.

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are so happy to hear about your experience with Samy! Samy has been with us for many years, he is one of our many skilled service technicians we have at VWD.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

"must have" feature - roll away screens

Absolutely the single best feature is the roll away screens. You can forget about storing screens in the winter, or summer when A/C is on non stop... just roll them up. Can't belive the complements we get re: unobstructed views from all windows.

We are so happy to hear about all the compliments you receive from your windows! Our Ultra series patented roll screen is a great way to have an unobstructed view of your windows! We hope you enjoy them for many years to come. Thank you for leaving a positive review!

More about Vinyl Window Designs Ltd

Vinyl Window Designs (VWD) is a manufacturer of residential vinyl windows, entry doors and patio doors. For over 30 years VWD has built a solid reputation for providing the best quality products at a great value for residential home renovation, custom homes and high-end home developments. VWD builds every component of their window and patio doors from vinyl to glass in our 200,000 sq. ft. facility featuring state-of-the-art machinery and expert craftspeople. We’re driven to provide the best in convenience and performance with their extensive lines of products, upgrades and accessories. Our window products qualify for some of the most prestigious product certifications offered in North America. We are one of the few that have chosen to work closely with the Canadian Standards Association Certification Program in Canada and with both the National Fenestration Ratings Council and with ENERGYSTAR ®.