Vinyl Window Designs Ltd

Reviews for Vinyl Window Designs Ltd

Applesauce in Toronto
Applesauce in Toronto

Replacement Window Circus

Brutal. No organization, no communication, full of broken promises. If you value your time, stay away from this company. Trying to coordinate a window replacement with this company for 6 months.
Booked time off work 5 times only to have them call and reschedule the day of.
On the 6th attempt, asked them for a reminder call/confirmation call day before to see if they would come in the morning or afternoon (or even at all). The reminder call never happened.
Instead, I stayed home the supposed day of install, not sure if they are actually coming this time or not, and I called them in the morning to confirm what time they should arrive. Told me I'd be the last call, between 3 and 330PM, but they would call me about 30 minutes before arrival. Went about my day. Came home at 2:45, found a card on my door that they had come to the house and left. No prior phone call, no messages, No cell phone on business card to contact tech. Left 3 messages at office to get a hold of tech to come back. Nobody from office returns my call.
Another day lost! Brutal!
Stay away........

1 review London, ON

Warrenty Work

Two of our windows developed condensation and mold growth between the panes. The company cancelled the replacements not once, but twice, stating that the windows were broken. Today they showed up with only one of the two units, and the installer claimed to know nothing about the second window. Beyond frustrated with this company.

Scott in
Scott in
1 review Ajax, ON

windows and doors

defective window installed with tear in screen upon installation in October. last date told would be replaced end of April, now May and still waiting - six months of waiting - not happy at all with lack of service - seems I'm not only one after reading reviews - what's their excuse for this one?------------------

Update : My contractor has proof of notifying the company in October and many times after that, so their claim of only being notified in March is false. Also not just a screen repair, the window was defective since day 1 and fogs up. Waiting to see if they actually come the time they have given me now.

It is unfortunate if Scott was waiting 6 months for a screen repair. We were notified only in March. Scott was called today and an appointment was scheduled by service. I'm not sure who the contractor notified in October. [The following is a second post.]I'd like to see the proof from your contractor to find out what happened. Please note that your original note said a screen repair, so I was responding to your information. I hope you are as diligent in posting after we complete any and all repairs as required.

Julie in Toronto
Julie in Toronto

Don't Believe Service Department--Window Replaced

Service department sounds helpful but don’t believe them because they don’t come. I sent in a service request for my 84 year old mother in April and never got a response. I contacted the company in June, and still no response. Called July 7 and they told me they had just left my mother a message and they were coming Aug. 26. My mother had no message. I called Aug. 4 to confirm. Aug. 24th my mom got a call that they weren’t coming because the window was broken. They couldn’t give her a date when it would come. I called Aug. 25 and was told they will call her next week with a new date. No call. I called Sept. 13, and guess what? They said the window will be delivered Oct. 13th. On Oct. 12 she got a confirmation call. On Oct. 13th she got a call that the window was broken. She then got a date of Nov. 1.

Nov. 1 window was replaced. Mom wants me to say the service man was very nice.

I'm Phil Lewin, a VP at Vinyl Window Designs Ltd. I can appreciate that having had two calls rescheduled looks suspicious. I hope that when the service is complete you will do a follow up post. For clarity, this customer requires two sealed units under warranty in windows purchased in 2007. Normally there is a service charge for the installation of warranty glass, but because of the unfortunate delays the service manager is waving the charges. I hope we hear back from you after the Nov. 1 appointment! First, thank you Julie for taking the time for the follow up note. If someone else is reading Julie's note and this review, there is a lesson here. We're not perfect. Unforeseen things can happen. But we are a company that is ethical, respects our customers and meets our commitments.

linda.e.shortt from Vaughan
linda.e.shortt from Vaughan

23 windows and 2 doors

Screen missing from original order. Was promised delivery and install on 14 Aug 2015, and that did not happen as the screen had not been manufactured. It is now 08 September 2015 and it appears that it still has not been made. I have repeatedly called and they continually promise to look in to it and call you back. Problem is that no one ever calls back. Extremely dissatisfied with VWD service. I was actually told today that it had been installed. I just took these pictures.

This customer did receive her screen and we thought she would make a further posting. Did it take too long? Yes. The bottom line is we are a responsible company and do take our customers very seriously. The good to come out of this review is that, even if something does initially not work as fast as it should, we stick with our customers and meet our commitments.

Cams in Applewood
Cams in Applewood

Window replacement

Vinyl Window Designs Ltd
905-850-3222
300 Chrislea Road
Vaughan
L4L

We purchased a home recently where the rear windows needed to be replaced. The previous owner had recently replaced only the front windows. We contacted a few companies in the GTA for quotations. We were most satisfied with the response and pricing we received from Vinyl Windows. Their service was great and the final product looks just as great and should last quite a while. We would definitely recommend them to our friends and family.