Plumbing

Reviews for Knight Plumbing, Heating And Air Conditioning Ltd

tjohannsen
tjohannsen

Disaster Averted!

Saturday night; I foolishly tried to repair a simple leak in my shower; however it quickly turned in to a shower full of water. My first contact with Knights was with oncall plumber Tyler. He was professional and "talked me off the ledge" and helped me stop the water so I could postpone the call till the following Monday.
Come Monday, I am grateful that Sherry was able to book Andrew later that day. I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew that afternoon, he was again very professional and kind, walked me through what I did wrong and even answered a few other questions for me.

As a new home owner, it was a scary incident but your team did a spectacular job of taking care of my concerns. They definitely created a raving fan out of me.

Thank you all!

Thank you very much Trena for taking the time to share your recent experience with Knight. We strive on every call to exceed our client's expectations. I will be making sure that your comments are shared with our entire Service Team here at Knight. Please call us anytime we can be of assistance to you. Thanks again and hope you have a marvelous day. Best Regards.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

remove old a/c an install new

Excellent workmanship .Very efficient. Technician knowledgeable. Very Happy with service and certainly would recommend. Technician made sure all was running well before he left. Cleanup job area. Could not ask for better experience.

Emanuel in Calgary
Emanuel in Calgary

Maintenance/cleaning of furnace and vents

Personnel is great, helpful and friendly. It is more expensive than the other same services. Initial is $130 but additional $49 if unit is high efficient. They should have said $180 because most of the unit is high efficient. But no, they quote you $130 then upon booking they will tell you the hidden charge.

Hello Emanuel, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize that the additional cost was not discussed prior to us going to your home. Although there is a reason why we do this, by no means are we trying to hide the cost. We have tried to explain the difference between mid in high efficient furnaces over the phone when people call in. Unfortunately most are not able to tell whether their furnace is high efficient or not. In order to combat this when the tech arrives at the customers home they are supposed to go over the job and explain any additional costs before starting any work. This done to ensure that both parties are on the same page. So that would be why the additional cost was not discussed over the phone.

If other companies are not charging it makes me wonder if the furnace clean is being done properly. We take the extra step in order to protect your high efficient furnace heat exchanges from collecting debris during the clean.

With all this said we will review our procedure and come up with a way to better communicate with customers with regards to high efficient furnace clean cost. Once again I we do apologize for the inconvenience and will take your suggestions into consideration to better serve our customers. Thank you for your business and have a wonderful day.

The Knight Team

Bob from Calgary
Bob from Calgary

Bathroom Vent Install

I had a moisture problem with both of our bathroom fans. Knight diagnosed the problem and advised that the fans were on a common exhaust vent. These needed to be separated. On this visit they separated the vent exhausts. Proactively they noticed as part of the vent install that the new roof boot connection presented a new moisture site so they insulated those. All fans were re-insulated and they helped me install a new fan in the en-suite! Great work - highly recommended.

Thank you very much Bob for choosing Knight for your recent plumbing needs. I will make sure Geoff sees your comments and I will also share them with the entire Service Team here at Knight. Please call us anytime we can be of assistance to you. Thanks again and hope you have a fantastic day. Best Regards.

Sara in Calgary
Sara in Calgary

first impressions for new furnace and A/C

Geoff came round from Knight Plumbing to see what we needed we have a slightly difficult set up for an AC and furnace and water heater. We have had many other well known companies round too. Geoff knew all the code and what we could have, what would work and what wouldn't work. Not a salesman, no pressure or false promises (I wasn't born yesterday). Hurrah, someone that actually knows what he is talking about, and knows more than me lol!!!

Thank you Sara for sharing your recent service experience here on HomeStars. We appreciate your feedback and I have passed your comments on to Geoff as well as the Entire Service Team. Please call us anytime we can be of assistance in the future. Thanks again and hope you have many winters of warmth in your home. Best Regards.

Knight in Calgary
Knight in Calgary

After hours plumbing issue where a business depended on success. Goeff was on time, got to it quickly and it solved everything perfectly

We had a waterline that had been installed by a former tenant that was no longer needed. Goeff capped the lines and shortened everything so it would fit behind a partition. No more mess and everything looks great.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent service visit with one of our "Knights" Geoff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to him and also share them with our entire Service Team. We appreciate you choosing Knight and hope we will be your first call in the future if you ever need assistance. Thanks again and hope you have a marvelous day. Best Regards.

Brad in Calgary
Brad in Calgary

Replace Poly B - Excessive damage and deceitful practices

Imagine you had a plumber come into you house and say "we’ll replace all the polyb, should be around 8 holes" and then TWENTY-EIGHT holes later and you have actual trypophobia because your house looks like a honeycomb.

This wild ride all started when we called for a water tank replacement- it’s hundreds of dollars more than competitors’, but I’m willing to pay for good quality/reviews. The plumber was nice so we also asked for a quote to replace the polyb - around 8 holes because he’s done similar houses in the neighbourhood and that’s what it takes. Now, I feel the need to note that I went with this company (as opposed to competitors that offered a start to finish service including drywall) based on this. Surely 8 holes was reasonable and if there was a couple extra, we’d leave some room in the budget.

Day in and day out, holes were cut. First 8- then 15, 20, 25...and finally 28. We’ve had 3 drywallers and a plumber come in since this job and ALL of them remarked that this was crazy and especially that the cuts were sloppy (not remotely straight and definitely not squared off for a decent patch). Also, as a fun fact, instead of cutting into the hidden area behind the stairs (which the plumber said he could do), he cut into the freshly painted living room (because it was ‘easier’ for him). Sweet, so glad I could make your life a little easier- don’t worry about my kid’s slowly draining college fund. They also broke my jacuzzi tub. It’s been over three weeks since they were “having trouble finding someone to fix it” so I have no idea what the timeline is for fixing bathtubs but I’m pretty sure dudes have swam across the Atlantic faster. Other smaller issues like scraping paint off rails, somehow drenching a full case of expensive make-up, charging for full days when they leave around 2-3pm for other jobs, etc.

I feel like there is a bit of a disconnect in the quote phase, maybe someone more senior needs to oversee that aspect. All through this process, I just kept hearing ‘it is what it is’ from the plumber. And yeah, it is what it is-except when it isn’t.

Hello Brad sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our team is reviewing your job and will be reaching out to you shortly.

Lindsey in Calgary
Lindsey in Calgary

Furnace and air conditioner spring tune up

Very reliable company. Called to have our furnace and air conditioner serviced in a spring tune up. I was asked if we had any issues. Our furnace seemed to be misfiring. Karl found the issue and I was told the cost up front . The issue was resolved and the final cost was less than I was quoted with the replacement part included. Service was done fast and efficiently . Everyone was courteous and very professional . I would highly recommend knight plumbing and heating for all our plumbing and heating issues.

Thank you Lindsey for sharing your new install here on HomeStars. We appreciate your feedback and I have passed your comments on to Karl, as well as our entire Service Team. Please call us anytime we can be of assistance in the future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day. Best Regards.

carson.teskey in Calgary
carson.teskey in Calgary

TOILET/SINK REPAIR

Kilen contacted me and arrived as promised at 8:00am. He assessed the job and provided an estimate, then proceeded with the work. Kilen is highly professional, conscientious and completed the job as promised. I would not hesitate in recommending Knight Plumbing and Kilen in the future.

Hello Carson, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent Service visit here on HomeStars. I will be sure Kieln see's your comments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you in the future if you ever need us. Thanks again and hope you have a fantastic day. Best Regards.

waynegr
waynegr

Hot water tank replaced

I was quite happy with the work, Fast service call and they said the available time was in the afternoon, but he call me in about an half hour and said he an opening right away.

Thank you very much Wayne for choosing Knight for your recent plumbing needs. I will make sure Kilen sees your comments and I will also share them with the entire Service Team here at Knight. Please call us anytime we can be of assistance to you. Thanks again and hope you have a fantastic day. Best Regards.

More about Knight Plumbing, Heating And Air Conditioning Ltd

We strive to deliver the highest standards in service excellence. We provide the best technicians, customer service, advisors, warranties, and products in the industry. At Knight we care. That's why we promise to do what it takes to make you happy! When you call Knight, you will be greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable person ready to set up an appointment, often for the very same day you call. We will send an experienced service professional to your home who will not only solve your plumbing, heating or air conditioning problem, but also brighten up your day. You will be given a price that is fair, and we'll present it to you before we start the job. Most importantly, we will stand behind our work. That is our promise to you, and if we fail to completely satisfy you, we'll happily work with you until we do.