Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes

Best of 2021 winner 5 timesBest of 2021winner 5 times

Reviews for Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes

Ron in Calgary
Ron in Calgary

Backyard Renovation: Remove grass, cut small tree, trim shrubs, walkway, patio and vegetable garden

I contacted Assiniboine to renovate a section of my 3-tier backyard by removing a small tree, trimming 2 shrubs, removing grass to create a walkway, a large patio and vegetable gardens. The estimator came a week later and I gave him a fixed budget to work with. He came back promptly to suggest a 25' stone walkway, a 15' x 14' patio and 2 vegetable garden areas of 10' x 4' each. He even suggested using the existing paver stones in my yard to use with new bricks for the vegetable garden border to save cost, which I thought was a great idea.

Within a week, the project manager Anka contacted me and discussed about my likes and dislikes, etc. He was able to arrange for his crew to start 3 days before the original scheduled date. On Friday, the day of construction, the crew worked tirelessly ripping up the grass by hand (because my backyard is inaccessible to machineries). Within a day, they were able to prep the area to start laying the bricks the following day. These men worked long hours through the weekend, and during that time we made some minor changes to the design and those guys were very accommodating. In the end, some of the changes resulted in less bricks used and a pallet of bricks was returned to their supplier.

The only unfortunate thing was that this wasn't communicated properly back to their HQ and when the project was completed, I was charged extra for bricks that were not used. However, the company was able to verify this situation quickly with the project manager and the revised charges were then waived without any issue. By Monday, the work was done to my satisfaction.

To be clear, they are not the cheapest landscaper if you shop around. But if you want quality work and a landscaper who sticks to the budget, then Assiniboine is worthy of consideration. Plus, they provide 2 year limited hardscape warranty pertaining to workmanship defects, which I hope I won't have to use!

Brad
Brad

Beautiful Deck

I hired Assiniboine Lights and Landscapes to build a deck at the front of my home. The experience was positive from initial contact to completion of the project. All staff were professional friendly and courteous at all times. Originally when I accepted the estimate work was scheduled to begin on September 20. Anka, the project manager came to the house to review the estimate with me shortly after I accepted it. Anka had his crew start the job as soon as materials were available from the vendor. Everything was completed by September 10! The crew worked long hours every day even though the long weekend. All work was top notch. No corners were cut and the deck looks great. I’m sure it will add value to my home and I will enjoy it for many years. I would hire Assiniboine again and highly recommend them. 10 out of 10.

Carol from Calgary
Carol from Calgary

Landscaping - Hardscape

Assiniboine did a great job on my corner lot landscape. Looks fabulous. Communication was great, and they arrived on site, worked straight through for a couple of days until the job was finished. Left site clean and tidy. Very happy.

John B.
John B.

Front yard landscaping

My project required the clearing of about 3000 sq ft in my front yard and the planting of Juniper bushes after installing a cloth weed barrier and finishing the surface with rundle rock. The company surprised me by coming 2 weeks earlier than promised and finished the project in one day on budget. When the workmen finished the yard looked great. I could not ask for any better.

Marilyn Olsen from Calgary
Marilyn Olsen from Calgary

Front patio

A front yard area was designed with patio stone and lined with tall grasses for privacy. It's perfect for sitting out with a morning coffee. I have received many compliments!
I will definitely hire Assiniboine in future; thank you for the fine work.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback Marilyn. We are so happy that we were able to create a new outdoor living space for your home. Enjoy the rest of your summer and those morning coffees!

landscaping service

Very happy with the friendly and professional crew that did my landscaping in July of this year. Would recommend to friends and family! Great value of the product and service.

Thank you so much the review! We are so happy to hear that you had such an excellent overall experience! If you have any other landscape projects in the future please keep us in mind, we would love to work with you again!

Softscaping

Very hard working crew and job well done. Work involved lawn work and putting plants into a raised bed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Patio paver circle w/polysand, mow trim pavers, new deck stairs, tree wells

These were the main jobs done, however there were also smaller jobs involved like levelling pathway flagstones, digging out tree roots encroaching on lawn & sodding areas, etc. This was a huge refresh of the backyard (and the front yard as well) and I must say I am so impressed. Kris, Levi, Nick and all the team were wonderful to work with. They were very knowledgeable, communicative, responsive and were able to provide creative solutions and recommendations to issues while making sure the resolution was exactly what I wanted. The quality of work was amazing and I really appreciated their attention to every little detail. I am very pleased with how great the backyard and front yard turned out. I would gladly recommend them and in fact I plan to have them back next year to do some additional projects.

Thank you for the positive review and trusting Assiniboine with your landscape vision! Our crews and project managers take great pride in their work and we are happy to see that it is not going unnoticed. Looking forward to working with you again next year. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

New lawn and sitting area and tree

Ankar and his crew finished our job in a single day and everything looked immaculate. They were nice and courteous and the finished product looks amazing.

We really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review and are so glad to hear that you were impressed with our services and the end result. Hope to work with you again in the future!

hark
hark

Privacy screen and hot tub landing area with retaining wall

Anka and team did a great job on our landscaping. We were on a tight schedule and his time worked tirelessly to ensure the work was completed on time...actually ahead of time. Assiniboine was also great to work with. They organized and scheduled the work perfectly and provided an accurate initial estimate.

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to submit a review! We are very happy to hear of your positive experience and hope that we get the chance to work with you again in the future.

More about Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes

Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes has been operating in Calgary for over 15 years. Our services include landscape construction, property maintenance, snow removal and professional Christmas light installations. At Assiniboine we work very hard to ensure that our customers are happy and that we are providing a first rate service.

Assiniboine's Landscape Construction Division: specializes in stone patios & pathways, retaining walls, decks & railings, fences & gates, pergolas, flower beds, sodding, grading, planting and so much more. No matter the size of your project, Assiniboine is equipped to do the job.

Assiniboine's Property Maintenance Division: services residential, condominium and commercial properties. Our services include weekly and bi-weekly lawn care, vacation cuts, hedge and tree pruning, bed maintenance and fertilization. We also offer Spring and Fall clean up packages to start and end the season right.

Assiniboine's Snow Removal & Ice Management Division: services both residential, condominium, and commercial properties. Our crews use everything from shovels, scrapers and snow blowers to skid steers, power brushes, snow plows, sanders and dump trucks to ensure the safety of our clients.

Assiniboine's Christmas Light Division: provides the best installations in the business. We specialize in large trees, steep roofs and bringing attention to your home or business during the holiday season. We take great pride in providing a professional, hassle-free service during a busy time of year for everyone.