Losani Homes Ltd

Reviews for Losani Homes Ltd

Stefan in Toronto
Stefan in Toronto

New home in Paris

Having owned a Losani home previously, we were a bit disappointed with the building quality of our new home. Obvious defects could have been avoided during construction which would have saved the builder a lot of money and time. Friendly support staff dealing with the defects makes the experience more positive.

Save Yourself From Buying Losani Homes

We bought a new house from Losani a couple years ago and moved in last year. Since then, it's been a rainstorm of disasters. Our house came with numerous concerns, including an HRV that was installed completely incorrectly from the user manual and kitchen cabinets that were poorly finished with random and loose wood pieces holding it up. Even our front door looked different from all the design plans we had and we moved in without full coverings of our attic windows (it is potentially why one of our closets smell like dead animals, but we haven't dared to check yet).

If you're reading this and thinking how could it be so bad? Here's why. During the design process, there is a clause on all of the papers that gives Losani the right to make any on-site alterations due to material shortages and other "engineering" concerns without notifying the homeowners at all. This included their having blueprints of our house that were mirror copies (everything on the opposite side) just a week before building, as finalized drafts. Believe it or not, even the location of our garage on the CITY's documents is on the wrong side. How they got the sides of the house mixed up is beyond me.

So how is the warranty process? Awful. We had to track the warranty representative down multiple times. When we hired a licensed home inspector to see if there are any issues, the HRV problem was discovered by our private inspector and later fixed by Losani's trade after MONTHS of back and forth about this issue because Losani denied anything was wrong. During those months, the warranty representatives mocked the credibility of the home inspector, insisting that his credentials were invalid (because they claimed there were no Ph.D. degrees in engineering; so professional). While on wait during a call, we overheard the same warranty representative calling my mother a "crazy woman", and then realizing they were not muted, our call was ended abruptly. We tried calling back and were sent straight to voicemail.

Many areas of our house were ill considered, and had no access to designs of our paid-for upgrades within the house (cabinets, doors, and even stairs). At least half of our house came out different from what we expected, including our front door. But despite all of this, Losani is still protected under their clause that I mentioned earlier.

One last example of how difficult it is for Losani to actually care. We paid for central vacuum outlets in our house, which were required to have one every fifty-feet in radius. Our house, which was clearly longer than fifty feet, only had one outlet at the front of the house. The warranty representative denied the problem until we caught him on a visit to our house to inspect another problem, plugged in the vacuum, and dragged it to the back of the house where it dangled in the center of our breakfast area. Seeing this, the Losani warranty representative was finally convinced that there should be an additional vaccum outlet at the back of the house, and guess what? There was one, hidden within the wall that was probably forgotten during the construction. They had to hack open and connect an external outlet plate to. This was done months ago but left the ugliest paint patch around it, which still has yet to be done. These problems simply don't end.

Losani does the bare minimum, despite hundreds of thousands of upgrade cash we poured into the payments. Save yourself from falling into a contract loop hole and many headaches with the horrible warranty representatives and crappy quality of materials and contractors. Buy a house from another builder who actually treats their customers with care.

Fiona in Lincoln
Fiona in Lincoln
0 reviews Lincoln, ON

Superb Warranty & Customer Support teams

Our environment is continuously changing and we all need to adapt to a new normal.
With homeowners and staff protection in mind, the Losani team ensures that immediate concerns are addressed timely while following government guidelines.
They made it easier for us to settle in our new home at Vista Ridge even in the middle of all the lockdowns. From our closing date, Julie Losani and Dale Trahan were quick to respond to items of urgent concerns. In addition to quality work, the superb warranty and customer service support teams definitely makes our experience pleasant.

Daisy in Etobicoke
Daisy in Etobicoke

Warranty Coordinator exceptionally helped in yearly inspection

Losani Warranty Coordinator Angela exceptionally helped in yearly maintenance inspection. When I had some very urgent issues to looked after as soon as possible she understood urgency and arranged and resolved all reported issues so quickly because of her great work I will definitely look for another house Losani Builder and recommend others to purchase house with Losani.

Private User reviews Lincoln, ON

New Home in Vista Ridge Beamsville

Losani has gone above and beyond my expectations. From my inspections during the build to my move in, there were no surprises. Quality, craftsmanship and customer service all rate a 10. Must say... I LOVED AUDREY, DALE and KAT, 3 women who knew their stuff, not to forget Steve. I would by a Losani home again!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

New build, upgrades

Hi,
Something to keep in mind before buying a Losani Home. After the purchase and deposit checks cashed. Comes upgrade requests. We attended the first meeting where you pick the upgrades that you want. At the second meeting you are to pay a 30% deposit on these upgrades. Then they moved the closing date out 4 months, with a possible another 4 month extension. So I thought why let money sit in there bank account so asked to defer my final appointment. But now they say they need to have there money before end of year as it effects permit submission that needs to be done before the end of the year.

tony in Hamilton
tony in Hamilton

worst experience

Worst building experience we have ever had. Don’t waste your money or time with them. Salesman Ross is rude and pushy. Not only that but was dishonest to us and held information back knowing full well that once we signed the contract there is no way to get out of it. In other words they will tell you anything they think you want to hear and then tell you to bad so sad later.

1)Didn’t tell us we had to put 30% down for every upgrade we do.

Asked for French doors and then when we signed salesman waved his hands across the contract saying don’t worry about that. Turns out we signed not to get French front doors.
They offer one grey exterior package and 5 beige and 7 red. When asked why they say that the other packages far out perform the grey. Yet somehow both out niegahbours picked it. We were forced to upgrade to the modern elevation where for some reason is mostly grey colour pallets. When asked if red and beige are what there customers truly want why so many dark pallets with the $40000 upgrade. They don’t answer that question. Maybe because they try to force you to pay the $40000 to get a house that doesn’t look like it was built in the 50’s.
We asked if we can do an in-law suit. Salesman said yes no problem. Two weeks later we get an email saying they might not be able to do it. Turns out they made it happen but my problem with this is you have a salesman representing you that doesn’t know what you can and can not do to the house? So we got stressed about this for 2 weeks before they finally told us it can go through. Not even an apology. Just a suck it up basically.
Now we have been told that our move in date has been moved but at least 4 months. I emailed explaining that that will cause us to have to move in the winter. As well we have to sell our house at a slower time of year therefore getting less offers because of fewer buyers at that time of year. When asked if there would be compensation we were told no to no surprise and given a generic email. They did however offer to let us move in even later to an even slower time of year for real estate. Thought that was nice of them.
We found out from friends that they are also 2 years behind schedule in the Paris development. Not to mention now they are trying to sell an entirely new phase in our subdivision when it’s all ready at least 4 months behind. Makes sense to not off more when you can’t swallow what you have.
Also found out I have cancer and this situation has been stressing me and my family out for some time. Do they care? Nope. Asked if since we have had such a horrible experience with them if we can have our $70000 back that we have provided up front as they haven’t even started yet. We were told no and to contact there legal dept.
just deplorable behaviour and business ethics from this company. They will be dishonest to get what they want. STEER CLEAR!!!

manish in Toronto
manish in Toronto

Worst new home experience

0 star out of 5. It should have been negative.
One of worst service experience team they have. I sales representative say one thing and another one say something else. I am Losani loyalty member and facing so many problems , not sure how they will treat others . Their legal team one of worst. You deposit money for 1 house upgrade, they take it and during closing they don't even consider it. They you need to followup many time to get your own money. After many followup found they consider it for adjust for other house. So unprofessional accounting team and waste of time.

One of worst compony for warranty issue. They postponed issue to grading even without looking it. Overall they treat you nice and well when they want to sell after that no one care. I had issue on multiple time for closing , PDI , warranty etc and every time there are no compassion and professionalism
One of worst builder I have work with. 0 star out of 5.
Also there is no one to complaint to , warranty team is one of worst.

Hi Manish,

It saddens us to hear a valued customer is this disappointed with their experience as customer satisfaction is of great importance to us. However, we do not feel your review accurately depicts what took place and we would like to clarify some items you addressed.

As a new home builder in Ontario, we are required to meet all Tarion regulations in accordance with the Ontario New Home Warranties Act. For Pre-Delivery Inspections, Occupancies, Closings and Warranty we have a strict program in place that we follow to ensure all Tarion requirements are met. The requests you made were not denied not for a lack of compassion but because they go against Tarion regulations. This process was explained clearly when you occupied your first Losani Home, and our response remained consistent when the same requests were made with your second Losani Home.

The Losani Homes team is professionally trained, has extensive knowledge and are the leaders in industry standards. We were understanding and lenient with short notice requests to extend and when contractual obligations were not met. We follow and enforce guidelines as set out by the Canada Revenue Agency, outlined thoroughly in our Agreements of Purchase and Sale in regards to rental properties and the HST Rebate that applies to new homes in Ontario. This was not a failure of miscommunication by Losani Homes. Please contact your Customer Service Representative regarding any other concerns, as we were not aware of issues you may be having in your home.

We pride ourselves not only on our quality, but being consistent and transparent with all our homeowners. We appreciate you choosing Losani Homes as your homebuilder, and we are sorry you feel it was not the right choice for you.

Best Regards,
Losani Homes

Keri in Stoney Creek
Keri in Stoney Creek

Service and buying

The buying process and design visits were informative and gave me a great view of my purchase. The home visit with my warranty rep really gave me a better understanding of what the next steps were, it was a nice personal touch. The techs on the warranty team were helpful and gave me great advice when I asked them questions during my service after I filed the 30 day form. So far so great Losani!

Robert Rosset in Georgetown
Robert Rosset in Georgetown

New Home

My daughter was looking to purchase a new home and I pointed her in the direction of Losani. As a previous Conciliator for Tarion, I was very familiar (and impressed) with the quality, workmanship, and reputation of the brand. My daughter recently put in an offer for a townhouse and thus far the sales team has been extremely helpful and courteous. We expect nothing less for the remainder of the process.

More about Losani Homes Ltd

Losani Homes is renowned for its award winning designs, craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. The Losani team excels at taking a sincere and exacting approach to building and at developing exciting communities and creative plans. As one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, a dedication to excellence and growth continue ...
Looking for Design/Build pros in Hamilton?