Losani Homes Ltd

William in Burlington
William in Burlington
1 review Hamilton, ON

Ms. Angela - Warranty Service - Excellent

I own a house in Hamilton build by Losani Homes. My house had few places to be repaired. But due to pandemic, the repairs suffers the arrangement difficulties. During the warranty period, I contacted Ms. Angela. Ms. Angela is a very responsible person. At any time, when I wrote an email to her regarding the repairs, she always emailed me back at earliest time and answered me for the concerns. Sometimes, she asked me for the photos to show exactly where needed to be repaired. She tried her best to make earlier arrangements. After the repairs done, she also sent me the photos showing the repairs done. She worked hard till all the repairs were well done.

I'm satisfied with Ms. Angela. Based on my experience with the home builders. She is best one in the warranty service. Hope Losani Home to keep her as she is worthy 5 stars praise from myself.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Best Home Builder in Hamilton

This home builder exceeded my expectations. The quality and workmanship was excellent. There were very few minor issues, which were expected in a new build, were resolved immediately. Exceptional customer service from start to finish. I am so happy.. thank you to Losani Homes

Stefan in Toronto
Stefan in Toronto

New home in Paris

Having owned a Losani home previously, we were a bit disappointed with the building quality of our new home. Obvious defects could have been avoided during construction which would have saved the builder a lot of money and time. Friendly support staff dealing with the defects makes the experience more positive.

Save Yourself From Buying Losani Homes

We bought a new house from Losani a couple years ago and moved in last year. Since then, it's been a rainstorm of disasters. Our house came with numerous concerns, including an HRV that was installed completely incorrectly from the user manual and kitchen cabinets that were poorly finished with random and loose wood pieces holding it up. Even our front door looked different from all the design plans we had and we moved in without full coverings of our attic windows (it is potentially why one of our closets smell like dead animals, but we haven't dared to check yet).

If you're reading this and thinking how could it be so bad? Here's why. During the design process, there is a clause on all of the papers that gives Losani the right to make any on-site alterations due to material shortages and other "engineering" concerns without notifying the homeowners at all. This included their having blueprints of our house that were mirror copies (everything on the opposite side) just a week before building, as finalized drafts. Believe it or not, even the location of our garage on the CITY's documents is on the wrong side. How they got the sides of the house mixed up is beyond me.

So how is the warranty process? Awful. We had to track the warranty representative down multiple times. When we hired a licensed home inspector to see if there are any issues, the HRV problem was discovered by our private inspector and later fixed by Losani's trade after MONTHS of back and forth about this issue because Losani denied anything was wrong. During those months, the warranty representatives mocked the credibility of the home inspector, insisting that his credentials were invalid (because they claimed there were no Ph.D. degrees in engineering; so professional). While on wait during a call, we overheard the same warranty representative calling my mother a "crazy woman", and then realizing they were not muted, our call was ended abruptly. We tried calling back and were sent straight to voicemail.

Many areas of our house were ill considered, and had no access to designs of our paid-for upgrades within the house (cabinets, doors, and even stairs). At least half of our house came out different from what we expected, including our front door. But despite all of this, Losani is still protected under their clause that I mentioned earlier.

One last example of how difficult it is for Losani to actually care. We paid for central vacuum outlets in our house, which were required to have one every fifty-feet in radius. Our house, which was clearly longer than fifty feet, only had one outlet at the front of the house. The warranty representative denied the problem until we caught him on a visit to our house to inspect another problem, plugged in the vacuum, and dragged it to the back of the house where it dangled in the center of our breakfast area. Seeing this, the Losani warranty representative was finally convinced that there should be an additional vaccum outlet at the back of the house, and guess what? There was one, hidden within the wall that was probably forgotten during the construction. They had to hack open and connect an external outlet plate to. This was done months ago but left the ugliest paint patch around it, which still has yet to be done. These problems simply don't end.

Losani does the bare minimum, despite hundreds of thousands of upgrade cash we poured into the payments. Save yourself from falling into a contract loop hole and many headaches with the horrible warranty representatives and crappy quality of materials and contractors. Buy a house from another builder who actually treats their customers with care.

$1,000,000.00
Fiona in Lincoln
Fiona in Lincoln
0 reviews Lincoln, ON

Superb Warranty & Customer Support teams

Our environment is continuously changing and we all need to adapt to a new normal.
With homeowners and staff protection in mind, the Losani team ensures that immediate concerns are addressed timely while following government guidelines.
They made it easier for us to settle in our new home at Vista Ridge even in the middle of all the lockdowns. From our closing date, Julie Losani and Dale Trahan were quick to respond to items of urgent concerns. In addition to quality work, the superb warranty and customer service support teams definitely makes our experience pleasant.

Daisy in Etobicoke
Daisy in Etobicoke

Warranty Coordinator exceptionally helped in yearly inspection

Losani Warranty Coordinator Angela exceptionally helped in yearly maintenance inspection. When I had some very urgent issues to looked after as soon as possible she understood urgency and arranged and resolved all reported issues so quickly because of her great work I will definitely look for another house Losani Builder and recommend others to purchase house with Losani.

Private User reviews Lincoln, ON

New Home in Vista Ridge Beamsville

Losani has gone above and beyond my expectations. From my inspections during the build to my move in, there were no surprises. Quality, craftsmanship and customer service all rate a 10. Must say... I LOVED AUDREY, DALE and KAT, 3 women who knew their stuff, not to forget Steve. I would by a Losani home again!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

New build, upgrades

Hi,
Something to keep in mind before buying a Losani Home. After the purchase and deposit checks cashed. Comes upgrade requests. We attended the first meeting where you pick the upgrades that you want. At the second meeting you are to pay a 30% deposit on these upgrades. Then they moved the closing date out 4 months, with a possible another 4 month extension. So I thought why let money sit in there bank account so asked to defer my final appointment. But now they say they need to have there money before end of year as it effects permit submission that needs to be done before the end of the year.

$68,000,000.00
tony in Hamilton
tony in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

worst experience

Worst building experience we have ever had. Don’t waste your money or time with them. Salesman Ross is rude and pushy. Not only that but was dishonest to us and held information back knowing full well that once we signed the contract there is no way to get out of it. In other words they will tell you anything they think you want to hear and then tell you to bad so sad later.

1)Didn’t tell us we had to put 30% down for every upgrade we do.

Asked for French doors and then when we signed salesman waved his hands across the contract saying don’t worry about that. Turns out we signed not to get French front doors.
They offer one grey exterior package and 5 beige and 7 red. When asked why they say that the other packages far out perform the grey. Yet somehow both out niegahbours picked it. We were forced to upgrade to the modern elevation where for some reason is mostly grey colour pallets. When asked if red and beige are what there customers truly want why so many dark pallets with the $40000 upgrade. They don’t answer that question. Maybe because they try to force you to pay the $40000 to get a house that doesn’t look like it was built in the 50’s.
We asked if we can do an in-law suit. Salesman said yes no problem. Two weeks later we get an email saying they might not be able to do it. Turns out they made it happen but my problem with this is you have a salesman representing you that doesn’t know what you can and can not do to the house? So we got stressed about this for 2 weeks before they finally told us it can go through. Not even an apology. Just a suck it up basically.
Now we have been told that our move in date has been moved but at least 4 months. I emailed explaining that that will cause us to have to move in the winter. As well we have to sell our house at a slower time of year therefore getting less offers because of fewer buyers at that time of year. When asked if there would be compensation we were told no to no surprise and given a generic email. They did however offer to let us move in even later to an even slower time of year for real estate. Thought that was nice of them.
We found out from friends that they are also 2 years behind schedule in the Paris development. Not to mention now they are trying to sell an entirely new phase in our subdivision when it’s all ready at least 4 months behind. Makes sense to not off more when you can’t swallow what you have.
Also found out I have cancer and this situation has been stressing me and my family out for some time. Do they care? Nope. Asked if since we have had such a horrible experience with them if we can have our $70000 back that we have provided up front as they haven’t even started yet. We were told no and to contact there legal dept.
just deplorable behaviour and business ethics from this company. They will be dishonest to get what they want. STEER CLEAR!!!

More about Losani Homes Ltd

Losani Homes is renowned for its award winning designs, craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. The Losani team excels at taking a sincere and exacting approach to building and at developing exciting communities and creative plans. As one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, a dedication to excellence and growth continue ...
Looking for Design/Build pros in Hamilton?