Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Reviews for Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

kat g in Toronto
kat g in Toronto

Furnace repair

This is a late review but it must be written for the excellent service from Andrew at Sipco. Our old furnace broke down on the coldest day in February. I have a baby at home and Andrew came to give us an estimate on replacing the furnace and called his technician in right away to see if they can get some heat back into the house. The technician came and was able to bring life back to our furnace! I found this company's service to be impeccable, extremely responsive, their knowledge vast and they were very patient with answering my questions, plus they are very reasonable and competitively priced. Thank you very much! I highly recommend Sipco!

Thanks so much for taking the time (and remembering two months later!) to write such a great review for our service. We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with our team.

Lydia W in Etobicoke
Lydia W in Etobicoke

Furnace replacement

I woke up to a cold house during this brutally cold winter. I called Sipco. They were at my home in approximately one hour and diagnosed the problem. I could either repair or replace my 12 year old furnace. They advised on the options and pros and cons of each without pressure. They installed a new furnace by 2 pm. They were prompt, courteous and efficient. I highly recommend them.

Very glad to hear you're happy with your new furnace Lydia! Has been a pleasure working with you - we are definitely glad all the stars aligned the day your furnace stopped!

Goran in Guelph
Goran in Guelph

FURNACE/AC REPLACEMENT

Our furnace quit right in the middle of a cold spell back in early December. I contacted SIPCO as well as some of the big players in the HVAC business. SIPCO is Etobicoke based family business that's been around for decades. Andy, the owner, came out the same day and presented us with some options. There was no sales pressure to replace things that didn't need replacing such as humidifier and thermostat. There was no pressure to sell us 10 year maintenance plans like some of the others were pushing. A detailed quote outlining the work to be done and cost associated was emailed to us right away. Considering we had no heat in the house, Andy managed to shift some of his less urgent work in order to replace our furnace as quickly as possible. Afterwards, SIPCO dealt with the paperwork required to register our new furnace and AC with the manufacturer for warranty purposes. SIPCO also completed and submitted the paperwork required in order for us to receive government rebates that we were entitled to. So far we're very happy with our new furnace. It runs so quietly we can't tell when it's on. In summary: SIPCO underpromised and overdelivered!

Over-delivering is definitely a great compliment! So glad to hear you were happy you chose Sipco for what seems to be numerous reasons! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review Goran.

Westender in Etobicoke
Westender in Etobicoke

Heating and Air Conitioning

We had 3 pieces replaced all at once: furnace, air conditioner and a gas water heater to replace the old electric one. The staff was experienced and efficient and ran a very organized and clean work site. They started as scheduled and kept the job moving forward. Everyone was very respectful that they were in someone else's home and at the end of he day left it better than they found it. We recommend Sipco very highly.

Always great to hear you're not only happy with the work we have done for you but that the work site was left clean and you were happy with all levels of contact with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Paul in Mississauga
Paul in Mississauga

Furnace & Water Heater: Installation and removal of old items

There are many choices for furnace and water heater installations.
It comes down to who can you trust. The answer is Sipcogroup
This is confirmed with being in business since 1958.
Professional and respectful in all aspects. Very approachable and available and honest in answering any questions and concerns I had.
They provided a detailed quote, arrived on time and left the work area clean.

Thanks for the wonderful review Paul! Glad to hear you are happy with the service we provided to you and our installation.

JB in Toronto
JB in Toronto

furnace and air conditioner

I am very pleased I used Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.
to install a new furnace/air conditioner in my home. They offer quality products, great customer service and are flexible with requests.

We are so glad to hear you are happy with the work we have done for you!

alex in Toronto
alex in Toronto

Air Conditioning company

The team at Sipco did a great job supplying and installing our new AC unit. Andy provided us with options ,as well as a fair price. He set up the installation around our busy schedule. The installers arrived on time,and were very professional and proficient in their work. Job was done on time,at price provided to us. Id highly recommend Sipco.

Thanks for the great review Alex! We're glad to hear you're happy :)

Ben in Elora
Ben in Elora
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Residential Air Conditioning

I recently hired Sipco to install an air conditioning unit in my home. The staff guided me to the right unit, and also managed to schedule a quicker than expected installation date. The workmanship was professional and tidy. I would recommend Sipco Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone looking for quality service in the Heating and AC trade.

Thanks for the great review Ben! Glad you and Danielle are happy finally having some cool air!

Anne from Etobicoke
Anne from Etobicoke

New Boiler & Indirect Water Heater

A year ago, we suspected that our rented on-demand water heater wasn't going to last too much longer. The challenge with our furnace room is extremely limited space. When the time came, we were considering migrating to a proper boiler.

I called a few HVAC companies for a quote. Some weren't interested, and one guy gave a quote after inspecting our existing unit for exactly 30 seconds. Incredible, right? But my favourite was a respected HVAC company that gets high ratings on HomeStars: they were arrogant on the phone and gave me a quote ON THE PHONE without even bothering to come over and inspect our existing setup! They insisted that they didn't need to come over to provide a quote! I suppose business is good for them.

Sipco was actually the last HVAC company I contacted. Andy, the owner, came over with another HVAC expert. They took note of our furnace, existing setup, BTUs, and all that good stuff. I asked a few questions and they answered and never rushed to leave like Mr. 30 Second Quote or Mr. High Ratings on HomeStars. Andy stressed that any equipment they install is done properly. They do not take shortcuts or minimize use of good materials. He emphasized this a few times.

Fast forward a year.

A day before the major cold spell, our heat and hot water is gone. The rental company sent their technician who promptly declared our unit officially dead. (The company had gone bankrupt years back, and there were no replacement parts available.)

At first, we considered renting a new unit. But when we saw the quote (2.7 times our existing monthly fees) and horrible terms & conditions in their favour (it is really that bad / please read the fine print, especially the part about Big Rental Company acting as your attorney to basically take a lien against your house without having to provide you with copies of documentation - this is buried in the contract with clever wording), we decided 100% to buy our own boiler. It didn't sound like the math or terms would ever work in our favour.

So Andy sent his people over the same day our heat / hot water broke down. I received a detailed quote and cost for a premium equipment that fit our small space. He answered any questions I had. I suspect I repeated some questions because I'm not an HVAC expert, so the answers don't always stick in my head. And again, he stressed that the installation would be done properly.

The next morning, two technicians showed up at my house at 8AM. There were some challenges because of our limited space, but they made it work. Except for a few short breaks, they worked straight until 11:30PM to make sure I had heat AND hot water. I cannot thank Igor and Terry enough for their hard work!

The final verdict:

Just looking at the before and after pictures of my furnace room, the upgrade was very obvious. Thicker pipes, chunky flow valve, etc. But most importantly, properly working heat and hot water. The heat flowing through the vent is definitely hotter than before. And we have an endless supply of hot water compared to before.

Of course installing your own boiler and water heater will require upfront cash. But if you do the math on a 7 year rental contract and take into consideration that on-demand heaters have a short life span of maybe 7-10 years, you basically paid for the cost of a new PREMIUM boiler and heater in the same time period. So financing on a line of credit to purchase your own boiler (which should last at least double the time) will make more sense. Because after the 7 year rental period, Big Rental Company will not replace your on-demand system unless you sign ANOTHER long-term contract. Not to mention, the hassle of constantly calling them for repairs (even if it's covered) because of an inferior on-demand system.

If you plan to sell your house, so rental will be more cost effective, that's fine. Just hope that your buyers won't force you to buyout equipment at an inflated price prior to closing. Probably not in this heated Toronto market, but you never know. Also, if you ever plan major renovations that require changing your heating system, good luck with the really high buyout price. It always works in the favour of Big Rental Company.

We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you also for taking the time to write such a detailed and great review of our work. :)

Don G. in Toronto
Don G. in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Furnace Replacement

Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.
416-232-2262
83 Six Point Road
Toronto
M8Z 2X3

Recently, our furnace gave up the ghost. Andy and his team came to the rescue and did an amazing job of getting us back on track for the coming winter. Not only were they informative, professional and courteous but the team was also able to replace our furnace venting pipes which run through the entire width of our finished basement without opening up any part of the ceiling (quite a feat).
This company understands and delivers customer service at all its levels.

Thanks Don for the great review! We are so pleased you have had a positive experience with us - it's been great working with you.

More about Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Since 1958, Sipco Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. has been dedicated to providing top quality products, efficient repair services, and ongoing maintenance to thousands of homes like yours. We absolutely continue to honour this tradition of providing all of our clients with the very best and most complete home comfort services available.