Cambridge Homes Ltd

Review for Cambridge Homes Ltd

APNE in Calgary
APNE in Calgary

Bought a New House from them

While purchasing our house from them, they were very responsive until the sale finalized. After that we had consistent issues, from the final house not having items listed in the selling docs (and when no one would respond I called the owner who thereafter screened my calls and refused to give me any other contact information). We were never called for a walk through until a couple days before hand and told they would not accommodate a walk through at the beginning or end of the work day - so my other half took a half day to go review the house. The garage was still completely unfinished, and our lender did not want to give the money as this was materially different than what they agreed to finance. Rather than just push back the possession no problem they start asking about who we were financing with and tried to push us into fighting with them about it. We pushed back possession and moved in, but the deficiencies we noted at the first walk through were still not completed - this cued us calling the foreman continuously to get these items fixed, some of which were not done until almost a year after we filed our national home warranty claim on them (and some we eventually just got annoyed and fixed ourselves).

We had an issue with our window well not being up to code - we were told they were instructed to fill the well with rocks until it would meet code (never mind that 6 inches of window would have rocks filling it, making it all but useless as a point of egress).

Overall I like the house, but the constant battle of dealing with Cambridge, and their realtor of choice, means that I would never purchase a Cambridge home in the future.