Amj Campbell Toronto

Reviews for Amj Campbell Toronto

Mette in Mississauga
Mette in Mississauga

Moving

I would not recommend this company for moving abroad. Our shipment was poorly packaged and we had many things broken upon receiving them. Our dining room table was destroyed. We filled out all of their numerous requests of paperwork and quotes for replacement for insurance, just to be told 4 months later that our claim was denied as we had opted for total loss. They could have said that right away.
No customer service here for poor handling of our goods.

Hi Mette,

We would love to assist with your situation. Do you mind providing us with your registration number? This will help us look up your move details. Feel free to send them to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com or call 905-670-7111 ext.3488.

Our sincere apologies for the poor service level you feel you received, we would like to look further into this and see if there is anything we can do.

Thank you for writing us, this is a huge help for future improvement!

cara in Toronto
cara in Toronto

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Worst. Ever.

DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS. Not only did they delete my FB post about the quality of their employees but they also broke the leg off my infants changing table and never told me. They simply placed the full dresser back onto a broken leg. This is a huge safety concern as the dresser could have toppled over while she was on it. Their employees are NOT trustworthy and fully knew what they were doing. DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS.

Blah blah blah please call us to resolve but there’s no resolution or ownership of being at fault. I make sure to tell anyone looking for a mover to absolutely avoid these shady people. Can’t wait to see their fluffy company response (again).

Hi Cara,

We have attempted to look up your move details but can’t seem to find record of the issues you experienced or your file. Perhaps the move was booked under another name? If you would like to let us know the full customer name who organized the move, or provide us with a registration number, that would be the best method to allow us to look into your account. Kindly send this information to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com or call 905-670-7111 ext. 3488 so we can assist with the issues you experienced. On behalf of the whole AMJ Campbell team, I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor service you feel you received during your move and would like to make it better.

Thank you for writing us, this definitely helps us to improve and assist you any way we can!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Long distance Job well done.

So I was initially on Homestars to review a few contractors who worked on my house, but when I saw I could review my movers I felt compelled to do so.

My move was a long (sort of) distance move. I had two drivers one who loaded my furniture and one who delivered. Initially I thought the driver, Rob (whom was awesome) would be on both ends, but he sent another driver from their crew named Brandon.

My move from Ontario to Quebec went smoothly. Rob and the boys showed up at my house to load up my goods. The process could not have gone smoother. Then he sent another driver, Brandon and one of the guys from the move Sean to deliver my goods. I was extremely impressed. The crew seemed to gel extremely well. Sean was on both ends, however he seemed to remember where everything went - and him and Brandon worked really well together.

None the less, I would advise on using this company since they were on time, personable and professional. The crew also loaded and delivered in a two day period. This was not an option with other companies but they explained that they had worked it out to use two drivers. We did the same drive as the crew the night of the move and were exhausted. Brandon and Sean were energetic upon arrival and really lifted our spirits. They also had "action plans" for our more difficult pieces that we did not have a home for yet.

Hope the teams do read these reviews as I was extremely impressed on both ends, however, I could not remember everybodys names.

Hi there,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review! It brings us great joy to read comments such as yours. We can assure you we do pass on all messages/reviews to our crew to assist with praising for a job well done. "Lifting your spirits" is something we can't train but do have great crews who take it upon themselves to display these characteristics so we are so appreciative of them all. If you still have a registration number we could definitely get the full crew names for you. Feel free to send this information to: Krystal Duz, kduz@amjtoronto.com, 905-670-7111 ext. 3488.

Appreciate your note and glad you had a great moving experience with AMJ Campbell Moving!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Bad customer service for Wayfair agent shipment

Ordered merchandise through Wayfair.ca.

The order took five days to reach AMJ Campbell's dock from the US, after which AMJ was supposed to contact me to arrange a final delivery time. No one even called me for another two days despite my leaving two voicemail messages with AMJ's 'Wayfair Customer Service' department.

Once AMJ finally called me, the rep confirmed that it was too late for the shipment to be sent that day (Wednesday), their truck was already full for Friday, and they couldn't deliver on the following Monday. So they offered me delivery a full week later (next Wednesday). The rep advised that AMJ would try to arrange another truck for Friday since they had many deliveries spilling over into the following week and would call me back.

It is now Friday. No one has called back and literally no one is answering at the 'Wayfair Customer Service' number or at the main number for the company.

Pathetic customer service. A delivery that takes five days to make it from the US to Toronto should not take an additional nine days to make it the last mile to the customer.

Hello,

On behalf of our Home Delivery team, we would just like to apologize for the lack of communication with you in regards to your order. We do try our best to return all phone calls. If you have yet to schedule your delivery, feel free to provide your name, phone number and order number and we will ensure we get in touch with you asap to look further into your situation. You are also welcome to contact the following individual: Krystal Duz, 905-670-7111 ext. 3488 for a prompt response.

Thank you for writing us, it always helps to get a customer perspective.

Jim Rumball in Mississauga
Jim Rumball in Mississauga

Moving and Storage

We have had an appalling experience with this company. We selectd them because we believed they had a good reputation but if they do it is undeserved. A piece of furniture that was a family heirloom from my grandparents was severely damaged while in storage and the company's representatives who later admitted to having known about it and having taken pictures that morning, attempted to drop it off without telling us. When we saw the damage we reported it and they eventually fessed up. After dozens of emails and phone calls the company will still not cover the cost of repairing the damage. They got an estimate from one of their own shops to do the repair in our house for a few hundred dollars - meanwhile we got a quote from a reputable furniture restoration service for $1600. The difference - we eventually discovered - was that their guy was going to basically fill the damaged areas with filler and then colour match it, rather than relaminate the furniture. After many emails the company eventually agreed we could have it properly repaired but then arbitrarily claimed that they would only cover 75% of the cost because they felt there was existing damage. The existing damage was nothing compared to what they had done and we sent them photographs to prove it but they would not budge. We even confirmed that the estimate we had received did not cover the very minor existing damage and asked for some explanation of the "75%" figure they came up with but again they still would not budge. Simply put this company cannot be trusted to treat your belongings carefully, admit to damaging it when they do, or properly compensate you for the damage. We now have to drag them to court even after all of this time and effort. Once this company has your money they could care less what you think of them. Avoid this company.

Hi Jim,

We must sincerely apologize for the unfortunate situation you experienced. This is definitely out of the ordinary for our service teams. If you would like to provide us with further information about your order; name of booking, registration number, origin/destination addresses using the below contact information, we would love to look further into your order to see if we could assist as we were unable to locate your name in our system.

Krystal Duz
kduz@amjtoronto.com
905-670-7111 ext. 3488

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated and always helps us improve!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Moving Services from AMJ Campbell

I hear many negative stories about movers and wanted to share a great one regarding my recent move with AMJ Campbell.

They were excellent. They arrived first thing with a crew of four. They did a professional walk through with us and proceeded to carefully wrap all furniture. Everything went off without a hitch. They were very fast, careful and friendly. I feel like we were assigned the dream team!

I am so pleased that we hired AMJ and didn’t waste time shopping around.

Hi there,

We are trilled to hear about your positive moving experience and even more thrilled to hear it was due to a booking with AMJ Campbell! If you would like to email details of your move (customer name, registration number, origin and destination, etc.) to us using the following email address: kduz@amjtoronto.com we would love to share your note with the team and reward those involved.

Thank you for your wonderful review!

The Whiteheads in Mississauga
The Whiteheads in Mississauga

3rd Move with AMJ Campbell

We are in the habit of always getting 3 quotes before deciding who to choose to do jobs for us. Not sure why we even bothered for our move from Mississauga to London as we should have just went straight to AMJ based on past experience. Roger Lambert came to do the quote and he was so professional and informative compared to the others we had gotten quotes from. Nothing seemed to be an issue even when we called him to ask if they could store our furniture for 2 days instead of one. We were assigned Matt and 2 other co works for the move. We liked that the same team loaded in Mississauga and 2 days later unloaded in London. They had such a great attitude and treated our furniture with great care. We felt so at ease for start to finish.

Hello to The Whiteheads and thank you for the glowing review! We are so happy you were able to experience the hard work of our team not only once but three times. We will be sure to pass on your note to our crew. They love reading notes such as yours. Hope you're settling into your new home in London well.

Greg & Catharine Winkler in
Greg & Catharine Winkler in

Tight timeline move ... with great success!

We moved from Toronto to Lakeshore Ontario with a very tight two-week closing. Roger Lambert came out to do a quote and everything was set up within 24 hours of our frantic call. He was professional, his #’s were accurate and he made us feel comfortable that we had made the right choice. We moved out in the pouring rain and our London based crew lead by Darren Keyes was clearly a team of experts. They had a sunny-day attitude, not letting the inclement weather get in the way of what was for us, a whirlwind experience. They treated our possessions with kid-glove care. They also stored our belongings for a week and when we moved in the following Saturday, we were pleased to see the same crew. By the end of move-in day we felt like they were all part of our family. The experience was seamless and we would not hesitate to recommend them again and again. Keep up the great work!

Hi Greg and Catharine,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts with us. We will definitely pass your note along to Roger and Darren who both work hard to obtain top notch customer service.

Hope you are settling in well.

Tom Foster in Mississauga
Tom Foster in Mississauga

Move out , storage, move into new home in Glencoe

Over the years I have moved into several homes and always did it myself with the help of family and friends. The problem with family and friends was there was always some breakage or damage and someone always got hurt.
When I sold my house and had AMJ move all my belongings to storage, the four gentlemen that came, (Brandon, Mike, Jeremy and Gord) were careful, courteous and a pleasure to work with.
As a result, I asked for the same four when I moved into our new home a week later. The four that came (Brandon, Mike, Sean and Adam) were just as careful and after the move was complete I am happy to say awesome guys.
If I ever move again, I will be asking for the same guys again.

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for chosing AMJ Campbell Toronto West as your first mover! We are glad you were able to see the top notch customer service we strive to provide to each and every customer and even more thrilled to hear you plan to use us again for future moves!

Dion in Palmdale
Dion in Palmdale

Better than expected

My wife was transferred for work from Toronto to California, and she was informed to provide three quotes to her employer. Since AMJ is a large moving company with a relatively good reputation, I requested a quote from them. They provided the lowest estimate of the three and were automatically selected by my wife's company. At this point my hands were tied. I had not looked threw their online customer reviews before choosing them. I had based myself on their marketing as "The official mover of the Canadian Olympic Team". It was shocking to view the reviews after the decision was made. On many sites the comments were terrifying. They spoke of damaged, pilfered or lost furniture. I immediately contacted Heather my liaison for the move for some reassurance. Her responses were direct and lacking empathy. I feared the move was going to be a nightmare. I entrusted all our belongings including our family heirlooms that date as far back as the 19th century. This is were the story takes a 180.
I informed my sales representative Andrew Lelond that I was encountering difficulties with Heather. From that moment forward he provided me with all the information I required including updates where my shipment was. I ended up receiving all our belongings before the scheduled delivery date, undamaged except for a couple of missing screws to a lamp AMJ dismantled and a mop bucket. When a move cost almost $8500 cdn, which was $1000 less than what was quoted, a couple of bucks for a mop bucket and a few screws should be expected. As well, I would like to mention the exemplary service I received from Julian. He was the driver/mover that delivered our belongings.

Hi Dion,

I'm sorry to hear initially we did not live up to your expectations as that is out of character for our sales representatives but glad to hear things worked out in the end. Our intention of course is always to protect the belongings of our customers and treat them well!

Thank you for your feedback, you provided very valuable information.

More about Amj Campbell Toronto

AMJ Campbell is the most successful and largest moving organization in the country, offering a variety of services including specialized logistics, home delivery, shredding, warehousing and storage, all in addition to household and commercial moving, both local and long distance. For more information, please visit: www. amjtorontomoving. com. AMJ Campbell, ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Mississauga?