#14- 10 wrangler pl SE Calgary AB T1X 0L7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  W & J Heating Ltd

Reviews for W & J Heating Ltd

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Furnace

Such professional service. A fine young man who cleaned up everything and put back the furniture which he had to move.

I would not hesitate to recommend J & W Heating to anyone.

kphipp in Calgary
kphipp in Calgary

Furnace replacement

W&J - the whole process was fantastic from start to finish from the quote to completion. The estimator was on time for the appointment, provided detailed information in relation to our requirements. Price was better than any other quotes received. Installation scheduled on our convenience and even patient with a couple requests to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances. Installer was on time, thorough and professional. He left the furnace room in better condition than when he arrived. I would highly recommend this company.

Brian Roy in Calgary
Brian Roy in Calgary

AC purchase and install

403-861-9390
#14- 10 wrangler pl SE
Calgary
AB
T1X 0L7

I was looking for a quote from many companies to install a new AC unit in my house. I received 5 different quotes from 5 different companies.
I called W & J after my daughter had given me their name from her experience dealing with them for her AC needs. I booked a quote and they were at my house in no time. I found them to be honest and extremely fair in their pricing, no pressure to up sell me for something I didn't need. I booked the installation and they showed up early, installed the system cleaned up and asked if I was good with everything. I am very impressed with W & J.

Brian and Diana from Calgary
Brian and Diana from Calgary

Bird in chimney and Furnace inspection

Heard bird in furnace chimney in morning, called and a technician was sent out by noon. Was almost time for furnace and humidifier inspection so was able to have that completed at the same time. Bird got out himself just before Gil got here!

Blair from Red Deer
Blair from Red Deer

Furnace, AC, Humidifier, Thermostat

W & J replaced my furnace and installed central air conditioning, a new humidifier, and thermostat. First Jordan asked me questions, like how long we were planning to stay in the home, explaining that he didn't want to sell me an expensive system unless we were going to benefit from the long term efficiency. After a 15 minute chat, he actually down sold me on the central air and humidifier. What Jordan did was sold us the right system for us at a great price. His crew arrived on time and not only did a clean install, but replaced the hotwater tank exhaust because it was not done right, no charge. I recommend W & J to my family and friends because:
1. They're honest and trustworthy
2. They're priced fair and do excellent work
3. They're local to Calgary. (one place i called for a quote had a call center in California. Companies that give their business to other countries don't get mine.)

wonderful to hear. Thank you very much

Bob Howland from Calgary
Bob Howland from Calgary

Central AC Installation

The W&J Technician showed up on time at 9:00 AM and was very neat and thorough in all his work. He came up with an idea to avoid a second hole for the electrical wire going outside and fished it over to go out same hole as other lines. He ran into some real “challenges” with getting the controls systems working and stuck with it until about 9:30 PM that night to ensure he had the problems licked and the system was working properly. He demonstrated a strong commitment to quality work and getting the job done right.

Rena Krusky from Calgary
Rena Krusky from Calgary

furnace repair

403-861-9390
#14- 10 wrangler pl SE
Calgary
AB
T1X 0L7

Furnace died middle of the night -25, phoned my usual furnace repair A1 Chesney who said first available appointment was a month from now. W&J came out within hours and had furnace up and running immediately at a reasonable price. They were on time and courteous, definitely recommend and will use again. Thanks for the great service!

Hayes Homes Calgary
Hayes Homes Calgary

Failed Multiple Inspections

If you are thinking about hiring this company you should read my review closely.

We have hired W&J on two separate occasions to install furnaces for legal secondary suites. W&J has done nothing but cause my company money and time. Below are some of the highlights of our working relationship with W&J.

- lack of knowledge or laziness OR BOTH during installation
- Terrible communication when coordinating times to show up and do work (this is a challenge when notice has to be given to tenants)
- Telling us what we want to hear on the phone and then not following up.
- Not following basic mechanical code and blaming the inspector for not catching the mistakes on rough in inspection but finding it on final inspection (Either way they did not follow basic building/mechanical codes)
- hanging up on a building inspector during an inspection they didn't show up to
- Not following basic instructions clearly communicated in writing
- Generally not caring about customer service or the job

We tried really hard to make the relationship with W&J work but it wasn't until we started working with other mechanical contractors we realized how poor they are.

It is hard to put a numerical figure on how much money they cost our company in mistakes and time because it is still an ongoing issue. It will definitely exceed the $5000 mark after we fix their mistakes and factor in the lost time during renovations. This is a big number considering they only did two furnaces for us. If something isn't done right the first time then it costs a lot of money to fix.

I think when it comes to installing furnaces for a secondary suite W&J is in over their head. Why else can they not pass an inspection? Why else do I have to hire other companies to come in and fix their work? If they are aware of the requirements for a second furnace in a secondary suite then why do they cut corners and do the installations incorrectly? We have since used other contractors that pass inspections with flying colors, so it CAN be done.

Some stuff we have learned.....
Building inspections and a permitting systems are a great thing for renovations. They will expose the weak contractors that don't know what they are doing. It is also great to have websites like HomeStars where we can share our experiences.

Learn from our mistakes and ask for copies of the rough-in and final inspections. DON NOT PAY your contractors until the inspections pass. Make sure this is in your contract with them before engaging in work.

This is nothing personal against W&J, as the president of my company I take full responsibility for not firing them earlier. I have heard similar stories from other property owners using them.

I hope with this review is helpful. My goal is for others to save time and money and learn from our mistakes.

Very sad to see that a contractor like this has to blame the contractors they hire for their own mistakes. Such as calling inspections and drywalling before things are even done. Unfortunately some contractors are never happy even when they get great service!!

gail ennis from Calgary
gail ennis from Calgary

Furnace diagnosis & part replacement

After diagnosing a non-working furnace, two parts were suggested to be the problem. Upon replacement of one part, the furnace was working again and the second part was not needed. Honesty at its best!

More about W & J Heating Ltd

W&J Heating is a privately owned business that has been established in the Calgary area for over a decade. We are a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and uphold their highest ranking with an A+ ranking.

We strive to make customer satisfaction our first priority. We are an authorized Carrier dealer but we do service & repair to all makes as well.

To ensure our customers are taken care of day and night we do offer 24 hour service. You`ll have the peace of mind knowing that all of our employees are factory and SAIT trained to ensure your heating & cooling equipment is installed correctly.

W&J Heating provides the upmost quality & service that can only come from a business committed to your complete satisfaction.