Daytona Homes Master Builder

M. Calvin
M. Calvin
1 review Regina, SK

Relentless Issues, Building Errors, and Absence of any Professionalism

As the biggest purchase of your life, take this as a massive WARNING to avoid this company.

First, they completed building my house only to find out months later that they claimed to have built it on the wrong property line (portion of my property went onto next property over). This was never proven to be the case by an outside property line company, and no one confirmed the logistics of it, but Daytona sent their workers to my house who began working on my property. Problem is... no one ever discussed any of this with me. I just saw random workers cutting my property without my knowledge of the situation or consent. Without making this too long, this led to months of back and forth where my concerns were not addressed, and emails not responded to.

This leads to a second issue, no one responds to important emails part of the time. And I am not referring to emails with basic questions or inquiries (which should be responded to regardless) but emails about something breaking under their warranty and needing repair. Complete radio silence. It has been extremely frustrating to send several emails over weeks with voicemails to (maybe, but not EVEN always) finally hear a response.

One of the last issues I will mention (but there is sadly plenty more than these) is structurally. My entire central heating system broke right before the one-year mark. Thankfully since it was right before the end of the first year, the repair/replacement (which was thousands of dollars) was covered. But the fact that a major piece like that, which should last atleast 10-15 years, broke less than one year in(from what I was told possible improper installation) is very concerning.

I would strongly urge prospective homeowners to avoid Daytona at all costs. They will drain your time, finances, and any sort of peace of mind you hoped to have buying and being a new homeowner.

Chelsea in Calgary
Chelsea in Calgary

We LOVE our new home!

Right from the beginning of our home
Buying journey, we have been very impressed with Daytona homes. Our Sales associate Steve has been very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. He was able to give us the exact home we were looking for to accommodate our growing family. Steve was also able to Recommend an amazing mortgage broker who helped us navigate the current economic circus that is COVID-19. Every meeting with Steve was exciting and informative. He was able to answer all of our questions in a timely manner and we felt we could contact him at an time and he would be there for us. Even after the sale was finalized, Steve remained constant in our building experience. We still talk to him today , even after we moved into our home!
Allison was amazing at our design appointment. She was very sweet and helpful in the design process. She used her expertise to guide us in the right direction to create a beautiful, stylish new home.
After some production issues and a misunderstand with a product in our home.
Katie came through huge. Katie resolved the issue for us and really ensured that the whole process ended up going seamless.
We really appreciate Daytona for being a homeBuilder that does what is RIGHT for their clients vs what is easy. It’s easy for a company to stop caring once they get their money, but Daytona never faultered.
Ultimately, this whole process has been very seamless and positive and I would recommend Daytona Homes to all of my friends and family. We are excited to see our home evolve with our family. Thank you Daytona!!

Sunil in Saskatoon
Sunil in Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

Worst builder, I will never go back to them

I wish there an option to give a negative rating. This is the poor quality of work. No one is there to hear your complaints, none of the staff what's going with the other team. You call them for anything and the answer is "I don't know, I have to check with them". I am waiting to get my garage for the last 8 months and still, they are building and doesn't have any clue yet when it will be fully done so that I can start using it, there are plenty of items/issues and they are still fixing even after 8 months and still lot many are pending. I will never ever go back to this builder in the future.

Private User reviews Kelowna, BC

Not a company to rely on when you are looking for quality.

The sale people where very helpful, When is comes to explaining and walk through great company. They promised to do my grading and it has been more than 11/2 year nothing has been done. No one replies to phone calls. Blames the city yet when I called the city they told me it takes 5 business days. Once they make the sale they don't care about their customers.

Leanne in Edmonton
Leanne in Edmonton

Fabulous builder!

We are 2nd time home buyers with Daytona Homes. We have had nothing but exceptional service from this builder. From the beginning, Lorna, Maya & Kelly (the sales team) took great care of us and treated us like family. They truly go above and beyond for their clients. Lorna and her team made our buying experience a breeze. Our site supervisor, Jung, was fantastic at completing our walk through and explaining all of the need-to-know things about our new home. Jung was professional, to the point and always got things done right away. My husband and I highly recommend Daytona Homes to anyone searching for an honest builder that does amazing work.

Narine  in Edmonton
Narine in Edmonton

New house

In search of new home and neighborhood we came to Daytona showhome to explore new house models that would better suit us. We met Lorna, who was readily available to assist us and she was very genuine and honest. Lorna and her team (Kelly) worked tirelessly to meet our expectations and work schedules, as well as making sure all deadlines are met. Throughout the house building process they kept us well informed and consulted if any challenges arouse. Working with Lorna and Kelly made house purchasing and building process stress free (as stress free as house building can be).

Dar in Edmonton
Dar in Edmonton

Home

We’re a new home buyer and we are very glad that we’ve met both Lorna and Kelly. This team had been very helpful from the start up to the day that we have our house. They are truly a blessing as we have our so called home now because they have provided everything that we’ve wanted and dream for. My family would also love to say thank you to Jung who would always accommodate our questions.
“ Daytona is like a family”, thank you?☺️
No doubt that this company is the best

ivansdf12 in Edmonton
ivansdf12 in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

House purchase

Our house purchase experience was amazing. Our house is new, has all the upgrades for it and price is fair. We are very happy about the colours matching interior, plan of the house. Team of Lorna, Kelly and Maya were simply incredible. They are very friendly and professional in doing their job. Especially Lorna she was very helpful, provided great customer service and took her time to show us other houses. She helped to answer all our questions and very responsible, trustworthy. I would recommend Lorna to all my friends for buying a new house. Thanks to Lorna for all the hard work she has done for us.

Lawrence in Edmonton
Lawrence in Edmonton

Excellent Finishing and Awesome Sales Team

My new home was well finished with quality appliances and fittings that could have been upgrades if I went with other builders. The back private entrance to the basement despite the lot size was also amazing . I will say they are very innovative. Customer service was superb with Eva at the Orchards sales centre. She is very proactive and always go above and beyond in solving problems. If you are looking for good quality home at a good price, go with Daytona.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

House

The standard features in Daytona homes are not standard in a lot of other builders. Was a good starter house and have not had any big issues with our house!!

Looking for Builders pros in Edmonton?