Daytona Homes Master Builder

11504 170 Street Edmonton AB T5S 1J7
HomeStars  >  Builders in Edmonton  >  Daytona Homes Master Builder

Reviews for Daytona Homes Master Builder

House

The standard features in Daytona homes are not standard in a lot of other builders. Was a good starter house and have not had any big issues with our house!!

Mitchell  in Edmonton
Mitchell in Edmonton

Home build

It was our first time buying a home we searched around in many different places until we walked into daytona homes and found Lorna Fraser. She made our first time experience a smooth sailing dream right from finding the right home to how to go about purchasing it. She wasn't pushy nor did she treat us any different because we were young and she is 100% the reason we choose daytona homes. I would recommend if you're in the market to visit Lorna to help you and point you in the right direction and also give you the best home buying expirence ever!

joepri in Edmonton
joepri in Edmonton

Builders Review in Edmonton

Before we bought our home (which is still being used as a show home by Daytona) Lorna answered all our questions in a cool and professional manner. She was so helpful throughout our buying process and made everything easy by even suggesting a good broker who worked timeously and efficiently to ensure the smooth handling of our financial transactions . Lorna's team mate, Kelly, is also a pleasure to work with. We would gladly recommend Daytona to anybody who would like to raise a family or retire in a beautiful and relaxing environment like the Stewart Greens. The park , the endless walk paths, the water bodies dotted strategically, to say nothing of the general beauty of the area and the robust Daytona homes whose obvious integrity will blow anybody away.
Joe and Priscilla

1 review Sherwood Park, AB

New Home

We bought a brand new house from Daytona. The sales representative Jennifer was simply amazing. She helped us from start to finish. She answered ALL our questions. All the Daytona team were very helpful throughout the process. We witnessed the home being built from foundation to final touches of finishing. The experience was great. We highly recommend Daytona.

BrightonII in Saskatoon
BrightonII in Saskatoon
1 review , SK

Secord Way - Brighton, Saskatoon

Buying your first home and making one of your biggest purchases can be an intimidating process. We visited Lynn and Shannon at the home in Brighton after being referred to Daytona by another young couple that was very pleased with their home. Lynn made the entire purchase process extremely easy for us, and we are very happy with our new home. The entire team at Daytona has gone above and beyond for us—and continues to do so. With any new home there will be little things that need to be addressed, and Daytona is always responsive and thorough in making sure that the fix is completed in a timely manner. We would certainly recommend Daytona to any of our family members and close friends and will definitely be purchasing another home by Daytona down the road.

New house in Chappelle

We love our new house in Chappelle. Jennifer was extremely helpful and accommodating, willing to go the extra mile through the whole process from offer, to purchase, to moving day, and even after we moved in! The warranty visits have been great. Just little fixes but they have been promptly and professionally done. Thank you Dave.
And our garage has gone up very quickly. Our experience has been 10/10.

chappelle

This is my 3rd new home with different builders and this has been by far the best!! I would highly recommend Jen and her team. They did a lot of follow up and continue to do so after. We LOVE the home and have had very few issues, the small ones we did were followed up on quickly by Dave the warranty guy.

Secord Way Homeowner in Edmonton
Secord Way Homeowner in Edmonton
1 review Saskatoon, SK

FOUND MY FOREVER HOME in BRIGHTON/Saskatoon

Note: This is in Saskatoon, not Edmonton

FOUND MY FOREVER HOME in BRIGHTON/Saskatoon

Please read my experience with Dayton Homes if you are considering a home in the Brighton area of Saskatoon.

Normally I do not do reviews, however, a friend who stayed at my house last week is considering a career move to Saskatoon and found a review regarding Daytona homes and asked me if I had the same experience (she loves my house). I read the review and my experience with Daytona Homes is 100% opposite, therefore I thought I should share my experience with Daytona. My home is located on Secord Way.

I moved to Saskatoon 4 years ago and planned on renting for 1 year until I could find my dream home and neighbourhood. Instead I rented for another 3 years because I could not find a home within my budget or a neighbourhood where I felt I wanted to live. I refused to settle (I hate moving and want a forever home).

In June that changed. By chance we drove through Brighton. I liked what I saw and it peaked my interest enough to research floor plans, pricing, and reviews of all the builders in Brighton’s parade of homes.

I contacted Daytona Homes, set up an appointment with Lynn. At my appointment, Lynn asked me what is on my must have, deal breakers, price range, location, and style of home list. Lynn narrowed the search to three styles I loved. She took me to the one that best matched my dream home first. The moment I walked through the door, I knew this would be my forever home. The colours, location, style and quality material in are perfect.

Lynn took us to view the other show homes on the list but I knew I wanted the first house she showed me. We discussed prices, and I was stunned to learn the garage is included as well as the landscaping in the front yard. In 4 years of searching for a home I found a brand NEW home for LESS money!! I lived in Rosewood for the last few years and a large number of homes have knee high weeds as their front lawn. Horrible curb appeal.

In my particular package, I get a tree and three shrubs, which I was able to pick for myself. The neighbourhood has great curb appeal and feels like an established neighbourhood (but with all new homes). I’ve been in the Brighton office when prospective home owners are told the garage and front landscaping are included in the price and they react as I did. Or owners who come to express their appreciation to the Daytona staff.

I was able to customize and upgrade the size of my garage and add electrical outlets in the basement, which already came insulated, lined and had a few outlets. The house already had the upgrades I wanted.

Daytona staff worked extremely hard to give me what I wanted.

I viewed the house on Saturday, June 10 and moved in July 7!!  In that month I needed to get bank approval. Since I did not have a mortgage broker, Lynn provided me with a list of mortgage brokers. I picked Sarah from the list. I connected with a fantastic broker, loan representative, and lawyer in under 3 weeks.  The team made the entire process easy for me.

Response time from Lynn, Shannon or Kale is exceptional. I have contacted each one of them while they were at work, after work hours, and while they are on their vacation (sorry Lynn and Kale), Lynn and Shannon have rescheduled personal plans to wait for me at the office after their office hours. Who does that? People who care do.

One week before possession date, Kale provides an in depth orientation of the house, its features, including how and when to perform regular maintenance. We also do a final inspection from top to bottom, inside and out, and any concern will be addressed before possession date. For example, one of the wire shelves in a closet had a small scuff in it, and he replaced the shelf. I told him he was far too picky.

Basically he said he does not feel he is too picky as he wants his homeowners to be happy with their purchase and customer service is extremely important.

I had my visit with the warranty specialist last week. There was one concern about the hot and cold taps being mixed up. Yhe next business day, I received a call to schedule an appointment to fix it. The warrenty spevialist also went over what Kale told me regarding care and maintenance.

This is my first new home, however, I have many years of experience on DYI projects on old homes. I know the difference between a short and long term fix and the cost/quality of materials.

I am 100% confident in Daytona’s workmanship and appreciate the outstanding customer service. So confident I referred my son and his girlfriend to Daytona. They are building their dream home with Daytona this fall.

Mkchuk in Saskatoon
Mkchuk in Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

WORST HOME BUYER EXPERIENCE AFTER THEY GET YOUR $$$$

READ BEFORE YOU BUY A HOME FROM DAYTONA HOMES

My Dayton Home experience in Brighton Saskatoon, Secord Way.

Probably the worst experience a first time home buyer could go through. The buying process is very smooth and they ensure everything concern and need and request will be met and exceeded.

Let me tell you as soon as they get your $$$, its a very different story. Nothing is on time, projects have been redone multiple times and trades don't show up to do the warranty work. Let me break this down.....

Garage = Negotiated into the purchase price, purchased and took possession of my home on November 17 of 2016. They told me in front of my parents , who will attest to this ...that this will be completed in the spring. Spring comes along and Daytona Homes says they will do it at their convenience once more garages are to be built on the block ( June- July ). Its August 7th and my garage is still four walls and shingles. The pad was almost poured twice to the wrong dimensions where I had to stop them or it would have been too late. ( 20' x 22' not too complicated) I have seen Dream put up a neighbours garage within a month. Daytona looks like they have hired two dudes one truck to build their garages when they please.

Plumbing = If you stopwatch how long it takes to get hot water up to the master bedroom its above 1 minute 40 seconds running wide open max hot. When I addressed this with the warranty manager he said " You get what you pay for" ( $350,000 ). I thought everyone was trying to be more efficient nowadays but they wont sacrifice efficiency for profit. Everything is for them to make an extra buck. Cheapest plumbing possible and the company that put it in is impossible to get ahold of. ( Bigger fish to fry , they don't care )

Landscaping = Requested no front landscaping as I will be putting in my own artificial lawn and landscaping. Come home from work to find two dumps of top soil and trees being placed on my front yard.

Windows = They assured me that triple pane was not needed in new homes that their All Weather Windows were top notch. Well my windows froze all winter and wrecked the trim work around the windows. I was at 20% humidity and they had no HRV system in the house either. The site superintendent said their fan system was strong enough. If you blew out a candle it could barely suck in the smoke. Its only two of us living here and our showers are not longer than 3-4 minutes.

Bottom Line = I could sit here and write a novel on about 10 more things and I am not the only one getting the crap end of the stick. They have 100 homes to build and you better believe they are in it for the money.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY ... I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND A DAYTONA HOME TO ANYONE.... EVER

MSG ME BEFORE YOU BUY