Williams Food Equipment The Chef's Store

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
2150 Ambassador Drive Windsor ON N9C 3R4
HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in Windsor  >  Williams Food Equipment The Chef's Store

Reviews for Williams Food Equipment The Chef's Store

Lee in Toronto
Lee in Toronto

There is no Shun - 7" Classic Hollow Ground Santoku and Wusthof - 7" Household Scissors - 5333-18 are both not in the box.

I got the mail box,but Shun - 7" Classic Hollow Ground Santoku and Wusthof - 7" Household Scissors - 5333-18 are both not in the box.They cost 156 dollars.They only put the others cheap knives in the box.I paid 25th Dec and got it 16th Jan,more than 3 weeks,also missed two expensive product,I really hope it's just the mistake,I am really worry and disappointed .

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

OK, but only if you can wait more than a month!

Ordered online, website clearly said item was IN STOCK. Paid via credit card and was charged immediately. 10 days later still no shipping advice email, so I emailed the company, and they never responded. Several phone calls were placed, and I finally talked to somebody who said that the order would be shipping out within the next 24 hours. Another few days go by, and still no shipping confirmation email. Called them again, and when I asked about my order, I got disconnected ( or likely they just hung up on me ). Called again the next day, and rep told me that they placed their order with the manufacturer 10 days AFTER I placed and paid for my order. So the truth finally comes out that they wait until they have enough orders before they order from the manufacturer. They don't actually carry the stock! I was told that they were expecting the order the next day and it would ship out to me that week. Another week goes by, and nothing. So, another phone call, and another similar story of "we're expecting the shipment tomorrow that has your item in it, and it will ship out this week to you". It had now been an entire month since I paid for my order and still had nothing. I told them that tomorrow we would be travelling and this item was intended as a gift to bring along with us. After all, we placed our order more than a month before it was needed, and their website did clearly state "IN Stock". I told them to refund my credit card immediately.
So, that day I had to search for a similar product at a department store, spend time going to store and paying a higher price, just so that I'd have a gift for our family.
Lo and behold on the Sunday that we were away, Canada Post delivers the order from Williams. They never cancelled my order. So now I have something I no longer need, and I ended up paying more for the replacement because Williams failed to deliver on time.
Saying "Sorry we're doing the best we can" just doesn't cut it in today's marketplace. Williams failed to make good on the order, told me bogus stories to keep me on the hook, and now I'm out several hundred dollars. There is no way I'm paying to ship this back to them. i'm stuck with it. Very unhappy here.

Private User reviews Leamington, ON

Excellent

They really look after their customers - and make sure they're getting the right (not necessarily most expensive) product or service. Bought a set of knives from them; took the time to explain the product.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

There are better options out there

Prices are decent, but can be matched or beaten elsewhere if you look. the real concern is that many, perhaps most, of their products are not on site and have to be ordered before they can be shipped to you. this creates massive delays. after i was advised there would be a delay for the third straight order i advise them i would like to cancel my order. they agreed and said i would receive my refund within 6 days. about a month later i still had no refund, but i received the shipment! i advised them of this and they said they would provide me a label to ship it back to them, and i still haven't received my refund! so in short, they have had my money for a month and i get to gallivant around for an afternoon shipping their goods back to them. this type of service cannot be rewarded. best look elsewhere.

C in Oshawa
C in Oshawa
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Fast Delivery, Amazing First Online Purchase

Ordered online for a Le Creuset 2L Dutch Oven. The transaction on their website was fast and easy to navigate. I was skeptical at first with their Free Shipping on orders $149 and over since the order confirmation comes with a tab on Shipping Estimate. When I clicked the last button, was happy to see my total with 13% tax and as promised FREE shipping. Upon checkout, was even surprised that my purchase come with a gift.

Fast forward the following day, my order arrived! WOW that's a first for me! FREE shipping and delivered the next day! Hope all companies are like this. My free gift, which was an orange color Silicone Trivet is a perfect match to my Flame Le Creuset Dutch Oven. Also received a Recipe Inspiration magazine. Their service is way beyond my expectation. Two-thumbs up!

I'm saving up for my next Le Creuset purchase with Williams.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Hard to find stuff shipped fast

My wife misplaced one of the Henkel knives in her set. I was unable to find the exact knife locally but was able to find it online at this store. Price was reasonable. Shipping was fast. Item was exactly as ordered. The reason for 9/10 instead of 10/10 is that I have not tested the return or refund policy.

Lily from London
Lily from London
1 review London, ON

Kids utensils set

I order an utensils set online for 25$. When I received it, I discover that it wasn't a set, it was just 4 pieces so I called to returned it. The rep said I would be refunded if I send it back. I paid another 12$ to send it back to discover that they credited only 16$ saying that they didn't refunded the postage paid initially. I called them again saying having known that from the start, when I called their rep, I would not have returned it since it was making no sense to return it and loses money and not having the set, they just said that they didn't care, it was written in their online policy ! I am still stunt by the worst client service I have ever seen. I think it's bad client service not to tell people in advance that they will not get a full refund prior of them shipping the product back. Now they can sell the product again and the whole experience cost me over 20$ in pure loss. Save your money.

Cynthia from Toronto
Cynthia from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Cookware

I have ordered cookware online from Williams Food Equipment twice now. Both times I have had excellent service. The items arrived as ordered within a few days. The customer service in the eCommerce department (Kyle) is excellent. They arranged to exclude any pricing information from the delivery of a gift item, and later when we discovered the couple had moved, they agreed to re-deliver the item to their new address at no extra charge. I would highly recommend.

DJ
DJ

Kitchen supplies (Le Creuset)

I am writing this review after my first experience with Williams Food Equipment (online purchase). At first I was skeptical given the huge selection and the very competitive prices on the site. After thorough research I decided to place my order and take my chances. My order arrived today; my thoughts:
PROS: Great selection / very good prices / $10 coupon offer for first purchase / free shipping on my order / fast shipping AFTER item(s) were in stock / good telephone service. CONS: I waited 1 month and 3 days for my Le Creuset item to become available - made me nervous / did not receive a reply to my online inquiry when I requested the status of my order, which also made me nervous / my credit card was charged when I placed the order rather than when the item was shipped. OVERALL: Recommend and I would order from this company again BUT I would pay careful attention to the availability of the item when ordering... "available" with a green check mark does not mean the item is in stock and it will take time to get the item (5 weeks in my case).. if you are patient, it is worth the wait. When ordering, look for 'in stock and ready to ship' if you want/need it immediately. The live chat was not 'manned' when I tried to use it so a phone call was necessary (since email not answered either). WOULD HAVE BEEN A 10/10 if there was better communication including automatic status updates or estimated shipping date via email.

More about Williams Food Equipment The Chef's Store

Williams Food Equipment is a 100% Canadian owned and operated family business that has been supplying high-quality cookware and kitchenware for over 50 years.