Modern Granite & Marble Inc

100-10783 180 Street NW Edmonton AB
HomeStars  >  Countertops in Edmonton  >  Modern Granite & Marble Inc

Reviews for Modern Granite & Marble Inc

Bad Quality and Bad Customer Service

The granite stone installed at my new home is from modern granite, The granite is getting darker and darker day by day. I never seen such kind of poor quality of granite in my life. The customer service is bad. They reception wont transfer the call to concern department or person. They said they are not interested to talk and ask to email so that concern department will contact us. But no one contacted back. In reverse they blamed me the darkness is due to lack of maintenance . They refuse to replace and I felt bad for choosing granite for my countertops. There is a small crack too. Very bad experience.

JayM in Edmonton
JayM in Edmonton
1 review St. Albert, AB

12" Crack in our quartz countertop that Modern Granite & Marble Inc refuses to repair or replace.

Our home is 2.5 yrs old and we discovered a 12" crack in the corner of the countertop near the sink that simply appeared there out of nowhere, which clearly means it was not installed or sealed properly. We called Modern and they weren't helpful at all and we insisted on a service call. The technician came out hours late after several calls to their office to find out why he was over 5 hours late with no call or explanation. The technician put some kind of epoxy on it but it looks horrible and he couldn't guarantee it won't continue to crack further. They have refused to do anything about it. DO NOT give them your business as they do not stand behind their product or workmanship and have demonstrated horrible customer service.

poor quality and service

Very poor worksmanship and service. As usual very nice to begin with but once job is started very difficult to get service and reply. Had my job completed less then a year ago and still dealing with issues. Would never recommend this company unless to people I hate

Tony Estephan in Edmonton
Tony Estephan in Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

granite counter tops

We had granite installed in our kitchen, and not only was the turn around time to get out granite installed was quick but the workmanship was excellent. The seams are not noticeable at all.

Gord
Gord
4 reviews St. Albert, AB

Granite countertops

We ordered granite countertops for our complete kitchen renovation. The person who came in to do the templating and measuring had just been to another large job and was still completely distracted by it when he templated our countertops. He obviously wasn't concentrating because he missed my mention of an overhang on our peninsula. We never saw any drawings to sign off confirming the understanding of what we were ordering. When the countertops were delivered and installed, we found the one top was 5 inches too short. They said that we never told them of the overhang, which is not true. Their response was to either give us a token credit or they would come and rip the countertops out and we could get them elsewhere. How's that for the ultimate in lousy customer service? No wonder the owner drives a Lamborghini...he has so much business he can afford to mistreat customers. If you use this company, beware! And get all measurements in a drawing first and keep a copy.

Chad from Edmonton
Chad from Edmonton

new Granite Countertops

Well, where do I start? First off this Company is a very dishonest company! The counter tops were poorly cut, with many flaws!
The staff argue with their customers and misleading. Just today they deliver a damaged and different countertop than the one I picked and yet deny switching countertops even though I took a picture of the one I picked. Two weeks ago I took time off from work just to sit around all day to have them call me at 4:00pm to tell me they are not coming. Two staff give me three different excuses. I have been trying to get a perfected countertop from this company since November 2012 and still trying to get the quality of the countertop I paid for! I highly do not recommend this company do to their lack of customer care and dishonesty.