Gord's Maytag Home Appliance Centre

Rick in Toronto
Rick in Toronto
0 reviews Kamloops, BC

Replacement dishwasher

We needed to replace our 14 year old dishwasher, so we went to Gord's to look at their product lineup! Great service from Brenda who recommended our new Maytag stainless steel dishwasher. We bought it on a Saturday and they installed it 4 days later. Kevin, the service technician, was excellent and completed the removal and install in just over an hour, taking extreme care to ensure that our hardwood floors were well protected. Gord's will be our first choice on any future appliance purchases, and we highly recommend them to you.
Rick, Kamloops, B.C.

Carol in Maple Ridge
Carol in Maple Ridge

Dryer repair

Repairman arrived as scheduled to diagnose dryer issues at a rental property. The repair was completed without having obtained any authorization regarding the cost. That cost included a $90 house call, as well as additional $80 for labour. Used to be that the charge for the visit included at least some labour. Basically, they charged $170 labour to replace a $75 part. I used to like to deal with Gord's. No more.

Private User reviews Kamloops, BC

Electrolux dryer

My dryer broke down. As a mom of 3 kids, I am panicking. The technician was fantastic and I had no issues whatsoever with him. He had the dryer working when he left but warned me it might happen again. However kayla in the parts centre was not pleasant either time I spoke to her (booking the original call and then me calling to say my machine was not working again and to order the part). She also accused me of not having paid three callout fee when I had already paid the technician directly using his debit machine. She then tried to give me a line saying the technician hadn't synced it up yet. The technician also told me that if it failed again within 30 days that I wouldn't have to pay the callout fee however kayla told me that I have to pay for ther part when it comes in, the callout fee AND labor. Based solely on my experience with her, I would NOT recommend Gord's.

Joanne in Prince George
Joanne in Prince George
1 review Prince George, BC

Refrigerator

Today the boys from Gord's delivered and installed our new frig. They were extremely careful and very knowledgeable. Very pleased with the service provided and highly recommend this company. Thanks.

Anonymous in Toronto
Anonymous in Toronto

Rubbish

I have heard so much horror stories in service but tried it anyway due to what they offer in delivery. The delivery men were incompitent and marked a wall, To only argue it was not them and cover it up. I will never go back; Managment. Get your act together.

Service experts? Really?
Ok.

robert from Kamloops
robert from Kamloops

Warranty

DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. They will screw you out of your money. Mother paid for extended warranty and required someone to look at there machine. Mechanic came and it turned out that there was nothing "mechanically" wrong with the unit. She was concerned that she just lost here extended warranty and talked with the service tech who assured here that it would not go against her. Turns out it did and Gords Maytag would not return it. They also said if she was to get it back it would have to go against the purchase of a bed. I bet that does not show up in the fine print.

Buyer - be warned.

Pamela Blake from Kamloops
Pamela Blake from Kamloops

Appliance Repair

My Maytag washing machine was making funny noises, so I called Gord's Maytag and made an appointment to have it repaired. The repairman arrived, spent less than 15 minutes inspecting the washer, told me it would cost $500 to repair and then presented me with a bill for $83.99. When I called the store to register my objection, the man who answered the phone was entirely unapologetic, simply informing me that this was their "service call charge". The fact that I was not informed of the charge when I called to make the appointment, and the fact that no repair was performed, did not appear to bother this individual in the least. Not a business I would recommend.

Daryl Armstrong in Kamloops
Daryl Armstrong in Kamloops
4 reviews Kamloops, BC

Dishwasher repair

We needed to repair or replace our dishwasher which was leaking. We went to Gord's and explained the problem and gave the model/year of our machine. The associate helped to diagnose the problem and informed us that, at the very least, it would cost over $200 to repair our old machine. Showing us new models that were currently on sale, we decided to replace our dishwasher with a new one for only $500 and also qualified for a BC Hydro rebate of $50. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and provided lots of options with a wide range of prices to suit our budget. They later delivered and installed the dishwasher and took the old one away. I would go back to Gord's anytime for any home appliance.

Dana Moores in Kamloops
Dana Moores in Kamloops

washer repair

My whirlpool heavy duty died! these guys work weekends and came on time! The guy didnt have the part he needed so he picked one up from the shop an his lunch break. He called me before he came back and installed it on his way home! great service!!

Colleen in Kamloops
Colleen in Kamloops

Major Appliances: Fridge, Stove, Washer & Dryer

I purchased my Maytag Fridge, Stove, Washer & Dryer from Gord's Maytag and received high quality appliances with excellent customer service. Price included full delivery and set up of all appliances as well as 2 years full warranty. What a deal!