Ideal Railings Ltd

Vijay from Caledon
Vijay from Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Exterior Railing

I bought this new home with the expectations that I was getting all maintenance free vinyl products installed on my front porch. I recently noticed that my vinyl rail posts at the bottom of my steps have twisted and found that to be very odd. How can the posts twist in such a manner if they are vinyl? Well, I took the post cap off and found that there is a 4 x 4 wood post inside the vinyl sleeve. This wood post was all twisted and cracked. Why is there a wood post inside this vinyl sleeve? Does this mean I will have to now worry about changing this rail system because of this? I looked into this and found that all of the other rail systems out there have a galvanized steel post inside the vinyl sleeve and not wood. I approached the site superintendent about this and he had nothing to say. He basically told me that he had nothing to do with choosing this rail system. Very disappointed with this rail system.