Shutters & Blinds
Shutters & Blinds

Reviews for Blinds To Go - Mississauga

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Motorized blinds

Blinds to go, wasted my valuable time as they don't care about their clients.
They are so unprofessional and unknowable about what they are doing.
Worst is their installer(s) who think that they are the king of bussiness of installation. The only thing they do is to put 2 screw that sometimes goes wrong.

I am so sorry for blinds to go. They allow these workers and especially these installers simply ruin their brand. Making people unhappy while they don't care!

I will call customer service and tell them my story in detail.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Purchase of a Horizontal Blind

This is in reference with Order Number 137390
dated 2017-04-05 ( April 05 2017 )

We purchased on April 5,2017 a Blind which was paid in full & to be delivered within 30 days .Plans were made with a contractor for installation.
A phone call from Miss. Store Manager days later advised having made a mistake and a different amount was now owing.
I followed up with the store a couple wks. later to combine the arrival of the blind with our installer ,instead, I was told the order was still sitting at the store pending full payment,but we never received one single call from the store to update us about this situation.
I requested then to stop the order and obtain a refund instead which was approved by the store manager ,I was suppose to drive by the store and pick up the refund by the wkend.
That wkend ,the store tells me they can't provide a refund cause my Bank card has been replaced so no Cash Money could be provided,instead, a cheque would come from head office .Another wk went by without receiving now the cheque. As I called the store a new story was now given: Head office was now requesting a Bank Statement to prove I had paid that amount.
I personally contacted Head Office in Montreal requesting this incident to be escalated to Blinds to Go Management to express my dissatisfaction of poor customer service ( over 7 calls , 4 visit to the store, delays for our contractor and delays for our refund.
I requested this time full refund for order # 137390 total ($140.91) in cash,Draft or Money and replace the order free of charge.Two month later , I received an email from Montreal Head Office saying :
Please, accept our apologies for the delay. We checked with our Finance Department & "The check " will now be ready for pick up at the store this Friday,June 9th,2017
As a Blinds to Go team, we received very poor Customer Service from all levels: at the Dundas St. Mississauga location and Montreal Head Office.
I write this comment with no intention of penalizing anybody but to request improvement so it become a win-win situation for both ,Customers and Stores.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Window Coverings

I made appointment with the consultant and paid an installer so that I would know the job would be done right. I had to follow up with the consultant at EVERY step of the job to keep things moving, and she was difficult to reach. Lots of excuses that she didn't get my message, been away, etc. The blinds are nice, but they are nothing special that made it worth the hassle of getting through this project with the consultant. It was a disappointing experience for the amount of money that the blinds cost.

Nataliya
Nataliya

The road trough nightmare.

We purchased blinds at this location for almost all our windows in the house. My husband and I went with this company because of fabric that we liked and promotion that they had - order one and get 50% off the second one. Without promotion their blinds are overpriced and you can get much better deal somewhere else.

They also had promotion online to get 20% off if one sings up for their newsletter. So I did it as soon as possible before promotion was over. I got confirmation that I would get this coupon in a few days by email, which never happened. About 5 days later I called customer service to find out what was going on, and i was told that promotion was gone and I didn't get it. I was in shock. Why would anybody advertize it, but never were true to their promises. I had to send them print screen with the last confirmation that I got online; that still wasn't enough.
Long story short - after hours, days of waiting and complaining they decided to reward me instead 20% off with $20 off, which I had to except.

When our blinds arrived my husband and I asked them at the store to open the blinds to make sure they are not defective and surely one of them was. They promised to get us new one without problems. When we got home we wanted to install the rest of our blinds, but we couldn't, because they were wrong sizes. We came back to the store, explained what happened and were promised to get us the correct sizes. We picked up the blind that was previously defective, but supposedly fixed and took it home. To our surprise it was not the size of our measurements, but slightly bigger. We had to bend metal brackets to fit it. We came back to the store to pick up more of our blinds and took them home. Believe it or not, they were wrong sizes again. These blinds were bigger than our window frames and didn't fit.
We took them back to the store. We wasted so much time and got so frustrated that we paid our money, but still didn't receive our products.
We refused to go to the store again and demanded that they would sent a professional to remeasure our windows and blinds and then take them to the store. We were promised by manager that the driver would call us and let us know at what time he was coming.
The installer called only in the afternoon and mentioned that he had priority appointments and we weren't on his schedule, as the manager didn't let him know in advance. Calling back and forth to the store, talking to the manager eventually made it happen and installer arrived at 8PM. He remeasured everything and our measurements were perfect and their blinds were wrong sizes.
Blinds to Go made us go back to the store again to pick up the new blinds that were supposed to be fixed. You will never guess what happened when we brought them home! One of them fit and another was still wrong size.

Around 12 times back and forth we had to go to the store, it took approximately 40 days do get our blinds that we ordered and 2 times the driver was at our home to pick up wrong blinds. Second time we were promised by the manager that the blinds would be picked up next day, but it didn't happen. We received a phone call from installers that they were busy and were not coming and told us that might be available on Saturday only, which was in 5 days. My husband dedicated so much of his time calling the store, talking to people, so we could have our blinds ready installed before Christmas. Thankfully the installer found time to pick up our blinds sooner.

There were so many problems with simple measurements that we wondered how these people are still in the business. If manufacturer doesn't know how to read the order sheet requests, how to measure blinds properly, than no wonder why the blinds are so expensive; somebody has to pay for their mistakes. If the blinds weren't on sale, we wouldn't purchase them from this company for sure.
Now every time we have people over and they mention our blinds, we have something to talk about. Our experience was very bad that we don't want to have anything to do with Blinds to Go, ever. Please check other reviews and you will see that a lot of people weren't happy with their experiences neither.

Do yourself a favor - stay away from Blinds to Go, unless you have enough energy to fight for you rights.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Roller Shades

The customer service at this particular location is unheard of! I have never been treated like this as a customer, especially as a family customer of over 10 years. As a company that boasts "legendary red carpet service" to their customers, I hate to think what regular customer treatment is to them.

Here are my relevant key factors in deciding not to purchase from Blinds to Go for any of my future homes and if you prefer not to be vexed while decorating your home, I suggest you do not either.

Long story short:
- After spending $1500, I was provided the wrong item
- Promised that the corrected item would be delivered to my home
- 1 month later, I never received the corrected item and no one had called to follow up

Although this doesn't sound like the worst thing to happen (and I really don't think it is, mistakes happen) what surprises me most is the attitude of the store representatives and how unapologetic they all are and how unwilling they are to correct their errors. The entire time that I was sorting this out, not once did someone apologize for providing the incorrect item. They don't seem to care at all whether or not they keep you as a customer. I keep being told that to remedy the issue, they will provide the correct blinds. To me, that should have been done the first time around when I bought the blinds!

I have plenty of blinds to purchase in my lifetime and I will never be going back to Blinds to Go in Mississauga.

Chris in Etobicoke
Chris in Etobicoke

Window coverings

905-238-6944
1995 Dundas E
Mississauga
L4X

I have spent thousands on blinds with this company over the years, however with this location specifically I was so extremely disappointed that I won't use this company ever again. From the pushy sales tactics to the poor customer service that ensued, it has been a terrible experience overall. Don't waste your time or money with this place. Blinds can't be used so they are all being thrown out. Brand new.. money in the trash! Thanks for nothing!

Megan from Toronto
Megan from Toronto

Blinds

Easy and inexpensive. They have some comparable offerings to HunterDouglas styles. Getting served however, is a challenge during busy times. Try to avoid going on weekends. Turnaround time was quick and overall I was satisfied with the result.

Sandra Roberts from Toronto
Sandra Roberts from Toronto

Bedroom Blinds

Grabbed some faux wood blinds for my bedroom and I'm extremely happy with them. Faux wood, and they look like gorgeous horizontal shutters. Most places are insanely expensive, and requires a huge amount of time to custom cut, and measure, definitely nice to walk in and out with them.

Irene Kaushansky from Toronto
Irene Kaushansky from Toronto

Blinds to Go

This is our 2nd job through Blinds to Go. The first one was relatively small, done 7 years ago; we were so happy with their warranty (they really did fix anything that went wrong with the blinds, even 6 years after the fact with no questions asked) that this time around we had them cover just about every window in our new home. Their salespeople were knowledgeable and very careful in ensuring our measurements were correctly ordered, we understood the positioning of valances and even advised us on which side the cords should sit on for the best visuals. The turn around on the order was lightning fast. Their installer was fantastic and the end result is a whole house full of beatifully adorned windows.

Baig from Mississauga
Baig from Mississauga

Blinds

They were delivered on time. The Blinds had insulating properties and blocked UV as well, which was good thing.

Excellent customer service, with all inquiries answered promptly by friendly staff who know their products inside out.

Looking for Shutters & Blinds pros in Etobicoke?