General Contractors

Mary in Cranston
Mary in Cranston
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Insulation Installation

We moved into a new home and called Great Northern Installation Services to insulate our home for us. We chose them because they were recommended to us by a close family friend. They did a great job and were very quick and clean. Overall, an excellent job!

Peter and Tracy Taylor Maxwell in Toronto

Header and attic insulation

800-265-1914

We've now used Great Norhtern for insulation jobs on two houses; each time they have listened to our requests, carefully inspected the areas that required work, given us helpful advice, and even talked us out of getting some of the work done, as it would not be cost effective for us. Both times their quote was lower than most others, and when they arrived to do the job they were courteous, quick and tidy. They were excellent, and I would fully recommend them.

Ron in North York
Ron in North York

remove old material and install foam

800-265-1914

We had fibreglass batts as insulation and it was becoming a mess as a result of animal nesting and genrally poor installtion. We hired GNI to remove the old insulation and install polyurethane foam. They were recommended by a competitor who doesn't have the equipement for this type of job as there are lots of irregualr surfaces. They removed a lot of materials that the fibreglass was behind and installed the foam carefully and precisely and cleaned up the old material. However, they ripped apart many surfaces and as a policy left them open with removed materials in a pile - which the salesman had not expected to happen. We had it repaired and things now are fine.

Sandy M-C in Toronto
Sandy M-C in Toronto

Attic Insulation

We've recently had our attic insulated through GNI and are very impressed with the overall quality of service and product. Peter has been exceptional at answering all of the many questions we had about insulation and GNI's product. The young men that came to do the work were very professional. I highly recommend GNI!

Mauro F in Georgetown
Mauro F in Georgetown
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Insulation

They are very thorough. They did not leave a mess. They did a bit more than was required. Peter Brenner was friendly and knowledgable and only focused on what had to be done. The workers that actually did the job was also good.

Kevin Doran in Georgetown
Kevin Doran in Georgetown
2 reviews GEORGETOWN, ON

insulation on 8 year old home

i had a gentlemen called Peter visit. He went up into the attic and was able to show me the problems with heat and cold in the bedrooms.Took pictures then came out and insulated the attic. They took pictures after to show the work as well. These folks were on time,through and very clean. Very impressed. I have sent them to my sisters and they resolved her ice problems. For 5 years she has had problems,this winter none.
I give these guys 7 out of 5

CPA in Mississauga
CPA in Mississauga

Attic Insulation Upgrade to R-52

It is hard to find good insulation companies, but after lots of research I finally found the best in GNI. Tremendous value and professional and courteous service with our attic insulation upgrade to R-52.
They also weatherstripped and cribbed the hatch access door, foam air-sealed the ceiling fixtures and plumbing stack, installed 4 styrovents, installed fibreglass to clog the fireplace flue and did a great job with the blown-in cellulose.
This was a great choice for attic insulation and I have felt the benefits this winter with much warmer house and gas bills cut significantly!

Zamol
Zamol
1 review Ajax, ON

Attic Insulation

I contracted Great Northern to insulate my attic from an R22 to R50. I had three other companies quote me. Prices range was much higher with al of the additional costs for new vents. Great northern price was 25% lower and they told me that there was no need to change vents nor any repairs was necessary. Thier price was exactly as my own calculations....I am an Engineer. Their guys were professional, courteous and considerate. Unknown to the guy in the attic, I was behind him looking at the job he was doing, Checking the height and layer of the job and was pleased to see it was being done to my expectations. I could not find anything to complain about even though I was looking for a flaw. Great job, I would recommend this company.

Pat V in Oshawa
Pat V in Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Garage insulation

Friends had their garage with a bedroom above insulated and the diff. in heat retention in the winter is amazing. This is a good investment to save on your heating bills. Cost varies depending on size of area but will pay for itself in a short time and provide comfort.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.