K & W Audio

Reviews for K & W Audio

ChickenLeg in Penticton
ChickenLeg in Penticton
1 review Airdrie, AB

Fantastic Advice on a small budget

Looking at previous reviews, they must be fake because these guys were friendly, knowledgeable and good at what they do. I went in with a planned budget of 25K, explained my new condo to them in detail, but they felt it would be best if they did an onsite visit to make sure. They didn't even charge me to drive out to Airdrie to see my place. They pointed out how I could save money by streamlining the system, and in the end I am so happy I took their advice as my system is better than I imagined at the start. Great job KW!

Pappy from Cochrane
Pappy from Cochrane
5 reviews Cochrane, AB

Home Theatre, Basement

Company contracted for full in house audio and home theatre installation. Found their subcontractors to be generally lacking in experience/knowledge and grossly overpriced. Commonly had to get new subcontractors to redo their work. K&W staff were always trying to add unrequested equipment to the project to maximize their profits. I would not recommend this company for any project no matter how big or small.

Danielle from Calgary
Danielle from Calgary

Surrond sound theatre, Sonos component installs and purchases

Consultant came to my home, reviewed what was required. It was a small job for the addition to our existing components for our walk out basement theatre install and additional speakers. Explained that I had a new Yamaha receiver, but the consultant told me it wouldn't work. Bought an $800.00 Yamaha receiver that broke within 2 weeks of purchase. At this point their own audio installer informed me that my existing receiver was indeed adequate. Asked for a refund on the receiver that I had just purchased from
K & W (the one that broke after 2 weeks) and was not actually required for my system. Was rudely told that was not going to happen and that my question about return was "irrelevant". Disgusted with the service. Won't return. Never a phone call from the owner to discuss the issues.
Additionally, when I was doing some price comparisons, the pompous attitude from the sales consultant was that his price was fair, even though $150 more expensive on one item. His rationale: because he had spent 20 min in my home doing a consult..how dare I ask for a competitive price.