HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Reliance Holmes Heating And Cooling - Ottawa

Reviews for Reliance Holmes Heating And Cooling - Ottawa

Jeremy Beaumier from Ottawa
Jeremy Beaumier from Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Central A/C Repair - Water Leaking

NOT IMPRESSED.
Is it me, or are all of these HVAC companies just trying to sell you new un-needed equipment??

I placed a call to check my central air system as water was leaking all over the basement floor.

The tech showed up, took all the panels off to look inside, removed the air filter, then proceeded to do a pressure test. Afterwards he told me the problem was that the coolant was low due to a leak in the discharge valve and that the valve needs to be replaced and the system needs to be flushed and checked for other leaks, total cost about $2,000. He then further suggested it was time to replace the unit and proceeded to schedule a sales appointment.

The he charged me $100 for the diagnostic and left.

I went downstairs to the basement to find he'd left all the panels off, left the air filter laying on the floor and of course I still had to deal with a growing puddle of water. Before reassembling the furnace, I decided to poke around myself, I don't know much about furnaces or A/C but I'm fairly handy. I thought I'd take apart the drain pipe to check drainage, and what do you know, it was clogged. I used a plumbers snake and cleaned it out, reassembled everything and.... everything works perfectly now. No more water on the floor.

As for low coolant, not sure, but the house cools no problem, even with the high heat and humidity, sooo… I don't want to call BS, but I'm very skeptical.

TLDR: Tech did a half-baked job, and didn't even address the actual problem, just tried to sell me a new unit.

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with us. If you can please email me with your address/account information I would like to further investigate this service call. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank you, Jessica

Stretch in Ottawa
Stretch in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Water Heater service & Furnace Plan service

Two separate service visits - two different products - two different service techs.....same great result.
1. Water Heater Rental - service call: Technician Jake went above and beyond to make sure we would continue to have hot water and a working rental heater. Great rep for the company. Very helpful advice and super friendly.
2. Furnace Service Plan - service call: Dwayne M. is the man. Knows his way around a furnace, he does. Best furnace service my Lennox has ever experienced. Solved the problem expertly. And again that famous Reliance friendliness was there.

Conclusion: I have to say this just builds the confidence I have in Reliance when it comes to making sure my Water Heater and Furnace stay in good condition and keep working smoothly at an affordable cost. None better.

Thank you for the wonderful review and taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

Penny in Gloucester
Penny in Gloucester

A/C Installation

I'd like to thank Greg, Taylor and Ken W. for a job well done. They were on time, polite and they worked quickly and efficiently to complete the job on time. This is the first time we've had central air so they took the time to explain how the thermostat works and instructions for the coming winter. I'm very happy we chose Reliance to install our A/C. Thanks again.

We are happy you chose us as well, we value your business and appreciate your great feedback. ~Haley

Mark in Ottawa
Mark in Ottawa

New Furnace and A/C Install

I would like to send a big thank you to the entire Reliance team that installed my furnace and AC.

Service received was impeccable right from sales to scheduling to completion of the install.

I was assured and re-assured through every step of the way that I was getting exactly what was expected, and any unexpected challenges that came up along the way were rectified above and beyond.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the sales/install team who's attention to detail and professionalism are far reaching and are exemplary to the service industry as a whole.

Thanks Mike Jovic from sales and his install team Kevin and Rob (3099) for a job well done!

Thank you for the review Mark, enjoy your new equipment. ~Jessica

Air Conditioner call

Our air conditioner was not working, spoke with a lovely service technician over the phone. She went over options with me including checking the breakers for the A/C - it worked!!! Really appreciate the help especially in a heat wave!

Thank you for the review! ~Jessica

new furnace & air conditioner

I have used this company in the past with no problems. I had a new furnace and air conditioner installed in my home on March 31. Already have had them back to fix a non working air conditioner. Maybe the products are good but their After sales service is poor. If you are looking for a company that follows up on problems use this company at your own risk.

Hello. I am very sorry to hear about this experience. If you could email me with your address/account information I can look into this further for you. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com Thank You. ~Jessica

JohnD in Gloucester
JohnD in Gloucester

Installation

Had old A/C and furnace replaced with new eqpt today by team consisting of Greg and Taylor. Extremely impressed with their professionalism and teamwork. Couldn't have been more professional and customer friendly. Team arrived on schedule and finished on schedule. Clean-up was thorough. Can't say more about the high quality of service. Their knowledge of the products was outstanding. Good day all around. JohnD Orleans ON

Thank you for the review John! ~Jessica

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Furnace and A/C sales and installation

We recently replaced an aging residential furnace and air conditioner. We met with Trevor who helped us select appropriate and more efficient units. His experience as an installer allowed him to offer a very informative perspective for our decision making.

The installation was done on the date promised. Kenny and Ryan A were very professional and pleasant to deal with. They worked efficiently, neatly and answered all our questions, especially those in relation to the operation of a new hi-tec thermostat with remote sensors.

Thank you for the wonderful review. ~Jessica

KanataHome in Ottawa
KanataHome in Ottawa

AC Installation

Installation was done by Kevin and Ross (3099).
It was done to our satisfaction and in good time. They answered our questions and explained the operation of the "nest", which is completely new to us. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your review, enjoy your new equipment. ~Haley

Pamelotx in Ottawa
Pamelotx in Ottawa

Hot Water Heater Repair

I rent a water heater. that isn't working. I booked an appointment on June 3 and was told it would be between 1-6 PM. I explained my husband was in the hospital in ICU and I would not be in from 1 - 3 PM so please make sure they arrived after 3 PM which was duly noted on the work order. They showed up at 1:15 and now I still have no hot water until tomorrow between 4 - 8 PM. They need a new motto because "I am not comfortable" and they don't care!

I am very sorry to hear this, please e-mail me directly at hkrizsan@reliancecomfort.com if you require further assistance. ~Haley

More about Reliance Holmes Heating And Cooling - Ottawa

Reliance Holmes Heating and Air Conditioning is one of the largest and best known HVAC sales and service providers for many reasons, including:

We've been in business for over 45 years since
We're one of the largest HVAC contractors in Ottawa,
Many of our products are eligible for an assortment of government and manufacturer rebates
We sell and install only the highest standard of heating, cooling and air quality products and services.
We offer comprehensive repair services and protection plans to keep our customers comfortable year-round.
Our HVAC technicians are some of the best-trained professionals in the industry.
We genuinely care about your well-being and will work hard every day to earn your business and trust.

Furnace Repair and maintenance,
Air conditioner repair and maintenance,
Boiler & Water Heater repair and maintenance,
Fireplace and pool heater repairs,
Duct Cleaning,
HEPA Ventilation Systems,
HEPA Filtration Systems,
Epurair Media Filter,
Humidifiers,
Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV's)