Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Reviews for Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Missy in Ottawa
Missy in Ottawa

Foundation repair

I would highly recommend Eric's Concrete to anyone needing foundational repair work done. He is very knowledgable, professional and the work came in under budget. He's warrantied his work and we feel very comfortable knowing the work has been done properly. His crew dug about 8 feet down in 2 spots outside and you can't even tell they were there. Thank you Eric and team!

Hello Missy. Thank you for your recommendation, and kind words on the performance of my team. We are happy to have a satisfied customer like yourself, and we strive to leave our work sites cleaner than when we started. Best wishes. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Brad
Brad
14 reviews Ottawa, ON

Repairing Deteriorating Basement Concrete

A few years ago, it became obvious that we needed work done on our house's deteriorating foundation. After reviewing the credentials and bids of several contractors, we settled on Eric and his team. One of the reasons was that he had experience doing concrete work on bridges and industrial sites ... far more demanding uses than typical residential requirements.

Eric was meticulous and methodical. He examined our foundation and explained in layman's terms the scope of the work to be done - a completely new foundation for the most damaged of the original foundation and a repair of the remaining foundation, along with the necessary reinforcement and waterproofing. His in-depth knowledge, extensive experience and thorough explanations were reassuring, whereas other prospective contractors offered only vagaries.

Eric and his team ‎worked everyday for five weeks to get the job done. At the end of each day, they cleaned and tidied the worksite as well as reinforced areas where structural support was still warranted. Eric was always willing to answer any questions that we had. He dealt with all aspects of the work, including dealing with the City of Ottawa inspectors and any permits that were required.

Without question, we recommend Eric's Concrete for any foundation work you may have. In fact, we have already done so with a couple of our neighbors and friends whose houses have foundations similar to our own. We now rest easy knowing that - with the help of Eric and his team - our house rests on a solid foundation.

Hello Brad. I am very pleased to hear of your satisfaction and trust with the work my team provided for your home. It is very important to me to ensure the most efficient methods are taken to allow you to enjoy your home and not have to worry about the stability of your foundation. With the waterproofing, it will also help prevent any unforeseen damage now that we have made the necessary repairs and reinforcements. I wish you the best. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Andrew Gamble from Ottawa
Andrew Gamble from Ottawa

concrete footings

Very professional. Eric knows concrete. Gave an estimate and stuck to it. Gave a date and showed up ready to go. Very efficient - excavated, inspected, poured 8 footings in one day. Happy to recommend Eric.

Hello Andrew. I am happy to know that you are satisfied with the work we have provided you, and that you see how committed my team and I are to performing a professional and lasting job for each and every one of our customers. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Krystyna Stawniak from Ottawa
Krystyna Stawniak from Ottawa

foundation's waterproofing and insulation

We have chosen Eric's company to waterproof and insulate our older home. It was the best possible decision and by far the best team we had to this day. We asked many questions; Eric made sure we were satisfied with all his answers and suggestions. We also requested several additional works and changes to the initial agreement. Eric advices reflected his in-depth knowledge and we were confident that he gave them in our best interest. For example, we wanted to use 4 inches insulation boards instead of the usual 2 inches ones. Eric suggested to stay with 2 inches considering the cost, we agreed at first than changed our mind two days later and decided to go for 4 inches ones. Eric not only has found the required longer fasteners, but he also tested them prior to the installation. We knew then that we were in good hands. Eric was frequently on the job site to make sure everything was going according to the plan even if his foreman Richard proved to be able to oil-run his experienced and competent team. Only to be expected as some work together for years. Team was always on time, the work was advancing smoothly, the job site was cleaned each day and the excavations protected by the fence. We were particularly impressed by the excavations, a piece of art by its precision. Eric and his team have taken care of our home as if it was a two-million dollar residence. We felt as millionaires not only because they were competent but because we felt that they wished to do us good through their work and they haven't hesitated to go beyond expectations in order to satisfy us. Thank you.
Krystyna and Ewa

Hello Krystyna and Ewa, your kind words and satisfaction are why my team and I always perform our best work. It was a pleasure working with you to ensure a finished project you would be happy with. You can rest assured that after our job, your waterproofed foundation will stay strong, insulated, and secure for years to come. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Lee-Anne and Paul from Ottawa
Lee-Anne and Paul from Ottawa

Foundation replacement and repair

When we first had a flood in our basement last summer and discovered that the foundation of our nearly 100 year old home was on its last legs, we were distraught with the news. Then we met Eric - and everything changes. He had come highly recommended from neighbours who had worked with him in the past. With his reassuring manner, his in-depth knowledge and extensive experience, he examined our foundation and explained in layman's terms the scope of the work to be done - a completely new foundation for the most damaged of the original river stone foundation and a repair of the remaining foundation, along with the necessary waterproofing.

The work began ahead of schedule and came in on budget and on time. Eric's team of extremely professional and competent experts ‎worked everyday for three weeks at our house to get the job done. At the end of each day, they cleaned the worksite - even washing the sidewalk, so that our house and property were spotless, despite the messy nature of the work. Eric was always willing to answer any questions that we had and was always reachable by phone. He dealt with all aspects of the work, including dealing with the City of Ottawa inspectors and all the permitting that was necessary.

We can unequivocally recommend Eric's Concrete for any foundation work you may have. In fact, we have already recommended them to our neighbours, many of whom walked by our house during and after the construction and noticed the quality job his team accomplished.

Hiring Eric's Concrete was the best decision we could have made to ensure the continued well-being of our home. We can sleep in peace knowing that our foundation is solid and we will never have to worry about it again.

Thank you Eric!

Hello Lee-Anne and Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a thorough review. I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the work we provided on repairing and replacing your foundation. It was a pleasure for my team to provide you with our professional service, and we always strive to leave a clean worksite.

I wish you all the best with your safe, and strong foundation, and without great and happy customers like yourselves, there would be no reason for me to be in business. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Sharon Davidson from Ottawa
Sharon Davidson from Ottawa

Garage floor

It was a pleasure to deal with Eric from start to finish. He is reliable, punctual and his company did an excellent job. The work site was left clean. Thanks for a fantastic job well done, Eric

Hello Sharon, I appreciate your kind words on the level of service and work we provided. My team always pride ourselves on being on time, and performing quickly. We were more than happy to put in old fashioned hard work for a quality job. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Michelle Platt from Ottawa
Michelle Platt from Ottawa

Foundation repair

We have finally found a contractor true to his word. Eric and his team repaired and waterproofed our foundation last month. We had seen his work last year when a similar repair was completed at a neighbour's home and were quite impressed with his work and professionalism. Further to this, we contracted our work to Eric.

We are extremely satisfied with all aspects of the job as with the results and the performance of the work by his team.

This is the first time in years a repair or renovation to our home has caused us absolutely no stress.
We do not hesitate in highly recommending Eric's firm.

Hello Michelle, thank you very much for your favourable review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you to ensure the best quality of work we could on your foundation. I wish you all the best, and I am sure you will enjoy your leak free home. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Paul from Ottawa
Paul from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement waterproofing and foundation structural repair

Last winter we discovered water coming into our basement. We had a number of contractors come through and received a range of suggested fixes. Due to the wide ranging comments, I decided to pay for an independent structural engineer to give me their assessment so I could compare similar solutions.

Turns out of all the quotes I received, and comments on the potential problem, Eric was the only one who assessed the full scope of the problem and the same solution in advance of the engineers report. So had I gone with another contractor without the engineers report in order to save money, I would have experienced a hefty surprise once they exposed the foundation and discovered the problem which Eric had previously identified and included in his base and final quote.

With respect to the work itself, Eric and his team leave you feeling confident that the job is in good hands. His team arrives when they say they will, and they keep an efficient and clean job site. It is clear that they know what they are doing and we have been very content with the work. Eric is always very professional to deal with, and is quick to respond to any questions you may have, even if, like me, you have a lot.

Hello Paul, I very much appreciate your kind comments, and would like to thank you for your professionalism in return. I am glad that the work my team performed left you feeling confident, and your experience shows that if you take care and commitment in doing the job right the first time, you can catch the important details and save yourself expenses and hassle down the road. I wish you the best. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

Peter M from Ottawa
Peter M from Ottawa

Foundation repair

Eric displayed exemplary integrity recently when I required documents on work he performed on a property I sold. I required a copy of the warranty for work he did in 2008. He quickly responded to my request and provided this info in less than a day. Despite being an extremely busy person, he was very polite and concerned to help me. His work on my house and his customer care, even years later, were proven to be excellent. That's integrity! Thanks Eric!

Hello Peter, I am very glad to hear that I could help you with your request. I do a very careful job of filing my paperwork in case of situations like this one! As always, I work to keep my clients satisfied and was very happy to work with you to make sure I helped where I could. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

David and Alexis Griller from Ottawa
David and Alexis Griller from Ottawa

Complete Upgrade of Foundation

Eric just completed a second major project for us, and we cannot speak highly enough of him. He worked on an office building three years ago and recently on the foundation of an old house. Eric and his men are efficient, trustworthy, thorough, and a real pleasure to work with. You can feel really comfortable that he will do exactly what he says he will do, for a fair price and that the work will be of top rate quality. If Eric promises that you will have a dry basement, you will have a dry basement when he has completed the work. He comes when he says he will, does the work, his team cleans up at the end of every day and they ensure that there is minor disruption. You can have a worry free experience because you are in good hands. If only all contractors were like him!

Hi David and Alexis, it has always been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind words about my team and our work, and we will always maintain to deliver top rate service at fair prices. If ever you foresee any jobs in the future requiring our expertise, we would be more than happy to work with you. Sincerely, Eric Pietryka, Owner.

More about Eric's Concrete And Foundation Repair

Your house is your home, and it deserves a strong foundation.

Eric’s Concrete offers structural repair and stabilization, foundation wall replacement, underpinning, water proofing and crack repair

WHY CHOOSE US
-----------------------------------------

- We follow all legal and provincial regulations with city permits.

- We use an upfront approach with honest pricing based on our evaluation.

- You pay when the job is done and you are completely satisfied.

- We are always on time and on budget.

- We respect your home, neighborhood and environment.

- No sub-contractors - only our team of skilled, trained and experienced workers.

- All jobs inspected regularly by senior engineers.